The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 January 2018, 08:56 AM   #91
JM0127
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odat View Post
I read a post here on the Rolex forum where someone mentioned that he had a friend who is a manager at a Rolex AD and that the way the waiting list works is, people who pay full are first in line and then are followed by people who put deposits. Do you think I’ll get it faster if I go ahead and pay the remaining balance?.
Do what you do. I personally didn't pay a dime and was ahead on the list because I have a relationship with my ad. I get the first crack at releases. I've gotten 2. Both in black and waiting for a white. However, as this is your first ever, pay the rest. At least you'd have a receipt showing paid in full. Couldn't hurt.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
JM0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2018, 09:11 AM   #92
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM0127 View Post
Do what you do. I personally didn't pay a dime and was ahead on the list because I have a relationship with my ad. I get the first crack at releases. I've gotten 2. Both in black and waiting for a white. However, as this is your first ever, pay the rest. At least you'd have a receipt showing paid in full. Couldn't hurt.

Come to think about it, I do have a relationship with that AD. I had a link taken out of a watch bracelet a few years back :-)..a lousy relationship!. I get your point though. That’s the advantage of buying new from an AD. You get bumped up the list. From now all my new Rolex watches will be from ADs for that reason. Can’t do that with other brands as the resale value is horrendous. I’ll do it!.
OTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2018, 09:13 AM   #93
4srolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gears in motion
I paid a 20% refundable deposit in March 2016 and received my white Daytona 572 days later. My AD told me I would be able to ask for a full refund on my deposit anytime. I have another friend who was asked to put a $1000 deposit on the watch and if the deposit was asked back before the delivery of the watch, it would be in a credit towards merchandise in the store so make sure your deposit is fully refundable anytime. My AD told me if the watch increased in price before delivery, I would be on the hook for the new MSRP since they did not have control of the price when delievered so I would check with the policy of your AD. My friend also paid in full for a white 116500 and has still not received delivery of his watch and the AD has offered to refund the $12,400 but he has decided to not accept the refund because he would loose his place inline for the white Daytona. AD’s have no idea when they will get their allocation of 116500 and if they say they do, they are blowing smoke where the sun doesn’t shine if you know what I mean so hang in there and prepare for a long wait if you want to be realistic.

When people ask how was your day? I tell them: "Same circus just different clowns!"
4srolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2018, 09:19 AM   #94
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4srolex View Post
I paid a 20% refundable deposit in March 2016 and received my white Daytona 572 days later. My AD told me I would be able to ask for a full refund on my deposit anytime. I have another friend who was asked to put a $1000 deposit on the watch and if the deposit was asked back before the delivery of the watch, it would be in a credit towards merchandise in the store so make sure your deposit is fully refundable anytime. My AD told me if the watch increased in price before delivery, I would be on the hook for the new MSRP since they did not have control of the price when delievered so I would check with the policy of your AD. My friend also paid in full for a white 116500 and has still not received delivery of his watch and the AD has offered to refund the $12,400 but he has decided to not accept the refund because he would loose his place inline for the white Daytona. AD’s have no idea when they will get their allocation of 116500 and if they say they do, they are blowing smoke where the sun doesn’t shine if you know what I mean so hang in there and prepare for a long wait if you want to be realistic.
How long has your friend been waiting for the 116500?. Do you know what number on the list he was?. No matter what, I’m sure it’ll be a while before I get mine. I was even going to go as far as telling them I’ll take a black one if it comes first. I like the black one too but I like the white one better.
Old 21 January 2018, 09:53 AM   #95
4srolex
"TRF" Member

He’s been waiting since April 2016, I have no idea what # in the queue my buddy is at. I was #5 when I put my deposit in March after the Basel announcement. Don’t settle and get the black because it is offered to you. I wound up getting the black one from another AD before getting my white dial Daytona. I think white is the real deal out of the both. During the long waiting process my taste changed so I don’t have either watch now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When people ask how was your day? I tell them: "Same circus just different clowns!"
Old 21 January 2018, 02:46 PM   #96
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
He’s been waiting since April 2016, I have no idea what # in the queue my buddy is at. I was #5 when I put my deposit in March after the Basel announcement. Don’t settle and get the black because it is offered to you. I wound up getting the black one from another AD before getting my white dial Daytona. I think white is the real deal out of the both. During the long waiting process my taste changed so I don’t have either watch now.

I see. I’ll just wait for the white one then since that’s the one I want!. What did you think of the black one compared to the white!. You had both so I’d appreciate your insight.
Old 21 January 2018, 02:55 PM   #97
JM0127
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I see. I’ll just wait for the white one then since that’s the one I want!. What did you think of the black one compared to the white!. You had both so I’d appreciate your insight.
I think the black is more everything. Just a smooth watch. Sporty. The white to me is more dressy. I love them both. I have a special love for the black one, though. More so than for the white.

Old 21 January 2018, 02:58 PM   #98
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think the black is more everything. Just a smooth watch. Sporty. The white to me is more dressy. I love them both. I have a special love for the black one, though. More so than for the white.

Beautiful!. You own both?. Which one did you originally want?. I like the black one too!. Very classy.
Old 21 January 2018, 03:14 PM   #99
JM0127
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Beautiful!. You own both?. Which one did you originally want?. Which one would you keep if the 2 if you had a choice?.
Originally wanted the black. Got the black first. Then another black which I sold. I'm waiting for the white now. Hopefully soon. I saw a post from another member that had both and it seemed like a good idea at the time to order the white. Only money I guess. Make more next week. Right? This place is a bad influence. In my defense, my wife did say to find a hobby. I'm waiting for her to admit that was the wrong thing to say. If I had to get rid of one or sell one, probably the white. I love the black that much more. I have an Alaska project I bought some years back that I like better in white, personally. To each his own. But to be quite honest, I wouldn't get rid of either. Comes down to personal preference. However, the white can be hard to get.

Old 21 January 2018, 03:16 PM   #100
JM0127
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally wanted the black. Got the black first. Then another black which I sold. I'm waiting for the white now. Hopefully soon. I saw a post from another member that had both and it seemed like a good idea at the time to order the white. Only money I guess. Make more next week. Right? This place is a bad influence. In my defense, my wife did say to find a hobby. I'm waiting for her to admit that was the wrong thing to say. If I had to get rid of one or sell one, probably the white. I love the black that much more. I have an Alaska project I bought some years back that I like better in white, personally. To each his own. But to be quite honest, I wouldn't get rid of either. Comes down to personal preference. However, the white can be hard to get.

This is as white as it gets for me with Rolex. Just not a fan of white watches in general.

Old 21 January 2018, 03:27 PM   #101
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Lol...expensive hobby for sure!. Took me a while to convince the wife about getting the Daytona. I trade stocks and made a nice chunk of money the last couple of months so I decided to get the Daytona as a reward. My wife on the other hand thinks any watch above $500 is too much so you can only imagine how hard it was to convince her about the Daytona($13,500 with tax). I already have a Breitling Navitimer 01 and she says that’s more than enough. Glad I can come to this forum and feel normal lol. Had to bribe her with a few gifts but it’s all good now :-).

Back to the watches, both are beautiful!. I wish they had both somewhere so I can compare them but no one has them. I have a feeling both would be just as nice. For the black one at my AD, Im sure I would get it faster.
Old 21 January 2018, 03:29 PM   #102
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is as white as it gets for me with Rolex. Just not a fan of white watches in general.

Same here!. 99.9999% of my watches have been black. Timeless and classic!
Old 21 January 2018, 04:05 PM   #103
4srolex
"TRF" Member

I wrote about the 2 here:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...2&postcount=32

Quote:

Old 21 January 2018, 04:06 PM   #104
JM0127
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep. That's it.

Old 21 January 2018, 05:39 PM   #105
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the pic. Can’t go wrong with both really!
Old 22 January 2018, 01:51 AM   #106
joejoe1225
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX
Both are so nice!!!
I can’t wait to get mine.

Old 22 January 2018, 05:19 AM   #107
Andy355
"TRF" Member

I am on a few lists but no joy. Bought one from independent shop in london at a huge premium as I really like the watch. Unlike the person who bought it from the AD 200 yards down the road and flipped it unworn

Not sure what Rolex want, but certainly those who actually want these watches in london to wear struggle. Not even getting on the list despite being a prior customer annoys me and will influence any future purchase I make. No point being loyal and then being treated exact same as flippers
Andy355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 06:00 PM   #108
Stellar
"TRF" Member

My new Daytona story

New on the block

This is my first post to the Rolex Forums, so Hello and best wishes to all members.
It is nice to be able to converse with all of a current interest in this iconic watch.

Prior to my latest purchase , I already own a 2004 F series White SS Daytona purchased new from an AD in Victoria Australia (waited 3 years ) and despite the purchase of a Submariner in the mean time they refused to put me on a wait list for the 116500 .

So like Andy in London I have just stumped up near double (of the Australian list price of $15,700.00 ) to purchase a BNIB White Dial 116500.

It was a rare opportunity and with our current wait lists of 5-7 years and poor exchange rate I figure I'll be paying around that money then, I grabbed it within the first hours of being advertised by a dealer I have purchased other watches from.

No regrets ,but staying in the plastic covers in the sock draw , lucky already have an everyday "wearer".

Regards
S
Stellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 06:20 PM   #109
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Hello folks,

Need advice. I called around all the official Rolex dealers in my area and they all have crazy waiting lists. The Rolex boutique around here even stopped taking names down. Many out of town ADs won’t even deal with you if you are not local so I gave up on out of state ADs. I found one Rolex AD who said they had 5 people on the waiting list for the white Daytona Ceramic and that I would have to pay half down as a deposit to get on the list. They said they get about 1 every 4 months. They said msrp is $12,400 so I’m assuming that’s the price. These people have been in business for over 25 years.

Would you do it?. Also, is it safe to pay the deposit over the phone?. Also, if Rolex increases the price, is the msrp locked in at the time I put the deposit?. How long do you think it’ll be until you can just get one without waiting?. Thanks!

Don't do anything over the phone. It's all about relationships, make the effort to travel and develop a face to face relationship.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 10:08 PM   #110
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellar View Post
No regrets ,but staying in the plastic covers in the sock draw , lucky already have an everyday "wearer".
First off, welcome to TRF.

Why buy a 116500 and leave it in the plastic sitting in a drawer? You should enjoy the watch. Life is way too short. Live it while you're here.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 11:34 PM   #111
Stellar
"TRF" Member

Thanks 037 for the welcome,

Yes you are probably right and may well in time,just a bit of a novelty at the moment, only 2 weeks down from purchase .
Stellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2018, 10:49 AM   #112
Rolexvdp
"TRF" Member

About 1 and a half years ago I put myself on a waiting list here in Toronto for a white Daytona Ceramic. The dealer told me they get a about 2 a year and I was number 30 on the list. I also put myself on a waiting list at a jeweler in the Eastern Alps in Switzerland at he same time. The Swiss jeweler called me in Feb of this year and said it was in. I paid by credit card and picked it up about a month later. I was just in Switzerland last week the same jeweler said his waiting list is now about 5 years. A jeweler in Zurich said their waiting list is about 10 years. I didn't require any deposit to go on these lists, but they said if they call me I have 24 hours to make up my mind or they would go to the next person on the list. Love the watch it is beautiful and very solid!
Rolexvdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2018, 07:45 AM   #113
MDon35
"TRF" Member

As of now, what is everyones experience getting a ceramic white or black SS Daytona as of mid 2018.

One of my local ADs (Centeral London) mentioned to me that there is a huge waiting list for the SS Daytona (which is well known) so with a relationship for about £20k , he said he now has instructions from rolex reps that - as a guide if a client will spend £££ on a new watch EG if it is say the platinum or all gold one, rolex will give them an expedited LN SS Daytona if and when requested. He said he would take my name etc but dont expect to get anything for a long time. When I didnt mention to him about my family history of rolexes frok him, he literally just avoided discussing about the watch altogether.

I have a good contact who is getting me one from Dubai. But surprised at London ADs bheaviour.
MDon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2018, 02:12 PM   #114
Helmi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDon35 View Post
As of now, what is everyones experience getting a ceramic white or black SS Daytona as of mid 2018.

One of my local ADs (Centeral London) mentioned to me that there is a huge waiting list for the SS Daytona (which is well known) so with a relationship for about £20k , he said he now has instructions from rolex reps that - as a guide if a client will spend £££ on a new watch EG if it is say the platinum or all gold one, rolex will give them an expedited LN SS Daytona if and when requested. He said he would take my name etc but dont expect to get anything for a long time. When I didnt mention to him about my family history of rolexes frok him, he literally just avoided discussing about the watch altogether.

I have a good contact who is getting me one from Dubai. But surprised at London ADs bheaviour.

Dubai is not better by the way. Unless you know someone from the dealer's top management
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote