The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 September 2010, 08:19 AM   #91
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4driver View Post
Guys, I am in no way trying to defend the manufacture and selling of defective straps. However, complaining directly to Corvus and/or returning the defective strap for a refund would (IMHO) be much more effective in getting Corvus to rectify the situation than deciding to keep the strap and complain about it here.

Again, that's just my opinion.

Kurt
Perhaps, but complaining about it here, complete with photos, will keep our members from wasting their money on a poorly made strap.
Thanks for posting the review. NATO straps were manufactured for military use. I guess these aren't fit for more than desk diving (if that).
BTW, I wouldn't know for sure, but it looks like they probably sold you the old design model which they know is defective. Nice business.
This isn't some faceless corporation sending out thousands of orders a day. Very suspect.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2010, 10:36 AM   #92
Clogger

Watch: SS Sub Date
I agree that the holes failing after a days use is not acceptable. I do have a Corvus Bond strap as well, must admit I haven't really used it so can't comment if mine will hold up. However I have used genuine MOD starps that have done exactly the same thing but as others have mentioned they are quite a bit cheaper.

What does seem a mystery is whether or not Corvus is still sending out the original run of straps that are more prone to the problem and I feel this is something they need to make a comment on as they generate a lot of sales from watch forums and these sorts of rumors are not going to go down well. If the older straps are being shipped out this needs to be addressed and is unacceptable.

@ nicko,

If you are not after a refund, cut it up, chick it in the bin and move on.
Clogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2010, 10:42 AM   #93
poloman
Banned

Watch: Omega 2512.30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
The PM I received was the first I had ever heard of it....I searched on line and couldn't find anything, if it's true, I may have to reevaluate my stance on them and source my band elsewhere....
Trust me whatever PM you got, if it makes you cringe then it is CORRECT The guy is a real creep, and if you read the documents you will be even more sick about it.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2010, 10:43 AM   #94
poloman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
Perhaps, but complaining about it here, complete with photos, will keep our members from wasting their money on a poorly made strap.
Thanks for posting the review. NATO straps were manufactured for military use. I guess these aren't fit for more than desk diving (if that).
BTW, I wouldn't know for sure, but it looks like they probably sold you the old design model which they know is defective. Nice business.
This isn't some faceless corporation sending out thousands of orders a day. Very suspect.
Good luck getting an answer from anyone at Corvus...I am out almost 1700 bucks
Old 21 September 2010, 04:04 PM   #95
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
@ nicko,

If you are not after a refund, cut it up, chick it in the bin and move on.
I really don't want a refund, all I want is the improved band I paid for. Corvus won't allow me to send it back unless they send me shipping instructions as per their website because I live outside of the US. So, I'm screwed, I can't send it back becuase they won't allow me. So, is this the way business is done at Corvus? I guess I'm screwed...Thank you Corvus for such a great experience with your company. Thanks for providing me with a strap I can not use. Thanks for not responding to my complaints. I gave your company a chance after all the negative reviews thinking that they might be wrong. I was the one who was wrong. Bad business.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2010, 08:35 PM   #96
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Good luck getting an answer from anyone at Corvus...I am out almost 1700 bucks
wow - sorry to hear that Tom.... now im sure some of us are
esm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2010, 08:56 PM   #97
tr4driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675
Quote:
Corvus won't allow me to send it back unless they send me shipping instructions as per their website because I live outside of the US. So, I'm screwed, I can't send it back becuase they won't allow me.
They won't allow you, or you won't take 5 seconds to send an email and get the instructions?

Kurt
tr4driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2010, 09:08 PM   #98
esm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They won't allow you, or you won't take 5 seconds to send an email and get the instructions?

Kurt
http://www.corvuswatch.com/index.asp...and_conditions

7 Day Return Policy

Any Corvus watch or other product may be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receipt. The product and all original packaging must be complete, and in original, undamaged "as sold" condition. All returns from locations in the U.S.A. must be securely and safely packaged and sent to us by U.S.P.S. Priority Mail, with full insurance. International buyers must email to info@corvuswatch.com for shipping instructions, which vary by location. Return shipping and packaging costs are the responsibility of the buyer.

suppose you didnt spend 5 second reading their T&C page?

im sure by now it is not a matter they refund/exchange for Steve, it is all about the princples & customer service attitude from Team Corvus.
Old 21 September 2010, 10:08 PM   #99
Nicko
Banned

Quote:

Kurt
The product and all original packaging must be complete, and in original, undamaged "as sold" condition.
Old 21 September 2010, 10:23 PM   #100
tr4driver
"TRF" Member

Have you emailed them directly and asked if you could return it for a refund, and what was their reponse?

Kurt
Old 21 September 2010, 10:41 PM   #101
Clogger

Watch: SS Sub Date
Nicko,

I am sorry but you are now just being a little childish about the whole thing, you have changed your mind several times in this thread about what you actually want done.

I agree Corvus has handled this badly and their instuctions for return are also poor, as it does not mention faulty items.

Take the initative,

Just package the the strap in a jiffy bag and send to Corvus with a note explaining the problem, then sit back, relax, wait and hopefully you will end up with the correct out come. Remember though it may be the case that you actually have the 2nd edition strap and the next one will end up doing the same thing.
It was mentioned in another long thread about these straps that a member did just that and recieved a new strap a few weeks later.
Clogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 02:33 AM   #102
poloman
Banned

I think Nicko is correct 100%!! Why should he jump through hoops? Have you read Corvus's response? They should just ship him a new one ...no questions asked. Why should he have to send an inferior one back by overseas mail for them to just throw it in the trash? Just do the right thing and mail him a "new "strap" This is not rocket scienceNick ordered strap-strap=defective-Corvus-send a non defective one=finished
Old 22 September 2010, 02:40 AM   #103
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 04:13 AM   #104
poloman
Banned

I don't get it... coop
Old 22 September 2010, 04:16 AM   #105
D O C
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710LN
I agree. For some reason customer service is lacking in this day and time. It's rare to find it. LL Bean has it. Orvis has it. It seems so many companies spend their energy blaming the customer instead of doing the right thing. I'll bet a buffalo nickel that Corvus is trying to deplete their stock of first run straps and only replace them if someone complains,

Corvus, just send Nicko his strap. Heck send him five just to compensate his time and trouble.

D O C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 04:18 AM   #106
tr4driver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think Nicko is correct 100%!! Why should he jump through hoops? Have you read Corvus's response? They should just ship him a new one ...no questions asked. Why should he have to send an inferior one back by overseas mail for them to just throw it in the trash? Just do the right thing and mail him a "new "strap" This is not rocket scienceNick ordered strap-strap=defective-Corvus-send a non defective one=finished
I strongly suspect that if Nicko would simply contact Corvus that they would indeed do just that. Unless I've missed it in reading through the posts, he has not done that. The only contact that has been made has been a link to this thread sent to Corvus by Jake.

Just email them Nicko and see what they say. Emails are free so you really have nothing to lose.

Kurt
Old 22 September 2010, 04:20 AM   #107
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
Ten minutes ago I smacked mine against a painted brick wall. I was turning a corner, and bang!

I wiped the paint off the area where the ceramic meets the outer bezel ring, and NOTHING!

If it were the old metal style it would be scratched.

So far it's proving a little better than the metal
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 04:26 AM   #108
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
I strongly suspect that if Nicko would simply contact Corvus that they would indeed do just that. Unless I've missed it in reading through the posts, he has not done that. The only contact that has been made has been a link to this thread sent to Corvus by Jake.

Just email them Nicko and see what they say. Emails are free so you really have nothing to lose.

Kurt
I did contact Corvus yesterday and have yet to receive a response. I will keep this thread updated, but I really don't think they are going to tell me anything new, they have already stated
Quote:
Return them to us for a refund or replacement. On our website you will find the details of our guarantee.
Old 22 September 2010, 04:28 AM   #109
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDakarBmw View Post
Ten minutes ago I smacked mine against a painted brick wall. I was turning a corner, and bang!

I wiped the paint off the area where the ceramic meets the outer bezel ring, and NOTHING!

If it were the old metal style it would be scratched.

So far it's proving a little better than the metal
Paul, what are you talking about?? Have you been dipping into the evidence room stash again??
Old 22 September 2010, 04:30 AM   #110
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
I don't get it... coop
We are having a civilized conversation, no need to lock anything. Simply a difference of opinion on some things, nothing hostile here....
Old 22 September 2010, 04:33 AM   #111
tr4driver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Paul, what are you talking about?? Have you been dipping into the evidence room stash again??
lol... I was scratching my head on that one as well until I realized that he meant to reply to a thread that was above this one regarding how scratch resistant ceramic bezels were.

Kurt
Old 22 September 2010, 04:40 AM   #112
Nicko
Banned

Quote:
lol... I was scratching my head on that one as well until I realized that he meant to reply to a thread that was above this one regarding how scratch resistant ceramic bezels were.

Kurt
Them little babies must be driving him bonkers!!!!
Old 22 September 2010, 04:42 AM   #113
poloman
Banned

Quote:

Kurt
Agreed, that is worth a shot
Old 22 September 2010, 04:45 AM   #114
esm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
so as this post Tom..

http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....&postcount=108

(when will people start to read all posts before making an opinonated reply..)
Old 22 September 2010, 04:46 AM   #115
Nicko
Banned

Quote:

Already did, see my post above....
Old 22 September 2010, 04:47 AM   #116
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
I don't get it... coop
Quote:
We are having a civilized conversation, no need to lock anything. Simply a difference of opinion on some things, nothing hostile here....
Just trying to provide a bit of levity!
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2010, 04:52 AM   #117
poloman
Banned

Quote:
I did contact Corvus yesterday and have yet to receive a response. I will keep this thread updated, but I really don't think they are going to tell me anything new, they have already stated
Just read this...oh well if they respond I would be surprised. They never once responded to me. But it does show Nick has tried and is getting no where At least it wasn't a watch Nick! I know that does not help, but it could have been a lot worse. IMHO...Corvus has more problems than straps right now and I would bet dollars to doughnuts that IS the elephant in the room We kind of already know what kind of people we are dealing with here. This is coming from a father of two little ones, and it is just my opinion. Sorry you lost money there Nick, that always sucks
Old 22 September 2010, 04:55 AM   #118
poloman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by esm View Post
so as this post Tom..

http://www.rolexforums.com/showpost....&postcount=108

(when will people start to read all posts before making an opinonated reply..)
I must have been typing during this... I am the very slow hunt and peck type.
Old 22 September 2010, 04:55 AM   #119
Nicko
Banned

Here's a copy of the email I sent them yesterday...
Quote:
Hello,

I received the below describe watchband and I must say that the quality is substandard. The band started to fray around the holes as soon as I started to wear it. I was told Corvus had updated their previous batch of Bond Natos to fix this type of problem, but the band I received was thin, and cheap feeling and as I said it started to fray only hours after I started to wear it. I live in Spain and and only able to receive mail at the FPO where I received the band. It will cost me about as much as I paid for the band to ship the band back to you through the Spanish Post. Please advise as to how you will correct this. Thanks...
Old 22 September 2010, 04:58 AM   #120
esm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I must have been typing during this... I am the very slow hunt and peck type.
yeah, it happens quite often here Tom... sometime it can be dificult to catch up with everyone's posts

Tags
5513 , bond , nato , strap , submariner