The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 23 January 2015, 10:48 AM   #91
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Are we just expecting a lil too much? AP can't reinvent the wheel EVERY year... Do we get upset with car manufacturers for not revamping a model every year?

*the only gripe I can understand, is the no go for the in-house ROC.
Manofsteelpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2015, 11:02 AM   #92
orangedial
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, PP, Rolex
AP has been exciting for WIS in the past few years since 2012, with many great models in the RO, ROO and Millenary range. This year they seem to be targeting a very different group of clientèle: the ladies and the flamboyant...
orangedial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 01:11 AM   #93
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt View Post
Are we just expecting a lil too much? AP can't reinvent the wheel EVERY year... Do we get upset with car manufacturers for not revamping a model every year?

Maybe, but for me last year was a bust as well...especially when they never released anthracite after announcing it
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 01:25 AM   #94
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Maybe, but for me last year was a bust as well...especially when they never released anthracite after announcing it
From SIHH reports, anthracite 44 will be officially released this year...
edo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 09:50 AM   #95
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manofsteelpt View Post

You are right, But I am still waiting for the rubber clads to be reimagined with ceramic
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 12:06 PM   #96
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
From SIHH reports, anthracite 44 will be officially released this year...
It's really not--from what I've seen it's not the same 'gray' tint as what they originally offered. Looks like black ceramic. Plus either way, a year late and completely different.

Just underwhelmed that's all. Still love AP--just wish for some wow pieces. Amazing now the 44mm novelties are still selling 3+ years later.
Old 24 January 2015, 01:14 PM   #97
VICI
"TRF" Member

Watch: IG: Mr_Right_NYC
What gets me is why were they so focused on diamond variations of the ROO's.

Most AP collectors aren't going to be wearing those pieces and honestly, I doubt many would / could fork up the cost even if they wanted to...

The email I recvd from the boutique shows the anthracite dial being available at $41,800

The other thing I don't get is why introduce a TT 15400?? I just can't see the demand for the piece. It's not a TT world anymore for AP collectors like it was decades ago.

Ok, I'm done :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VICI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 01:30 PM   #98
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Can we have some non LE MEssi variants?
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 01:37 PM   #99
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICI View Post

Most AP collectors aren't going to be wearing those pieces and honestly, I doubt many would / could fork up the cost even if they wanted to...

The email I recvd from the boutique shows the anthracite dial being available at $41,800

The other thing I don't get is why introduce a TT 15400?? I just can't see the demand for the piece. It's not a TT world anymore for AP collectors like it was decades ago.

Yep got the same email a few days ago. Looks exactly like all black ceramic to me. And let's see for $4k more can get RG 44mm--nough said.
Old 24 January 2015, 01:39 PM   #100
VICI
"TRF" Member

Watch: IG: Mr_Right_NYC
Quote:
Yep got the same email a few days ago. Looks exactly like all black ceramic to me. And let's see for $4k more can get RG 44mm--nough said.

Exactly!

VICI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 01:40 PM   #101
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

Was the case supposed to be grey?
Manofsteelpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 03:08 PM   #102
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
Here's a quick question. How many members here would rather have the gold rubber clad over the new "reimagined "42mm? Just don't understand APs direction.
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 06:19 PM   #103
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yachty 1 View Post
Here's a quick question. How many members here would rather have the gold rubber clad over the new "reimagined "42mm? Just don't understand APs direction.
Definitely not me, would never buy a watch that has rubber on it other than the strap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0881.jpg (62.9 KB, 535 views)
sturgeon123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 07:07 PM   #104
bahbahani
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex ,Panerai
A pic of the anthracite 44mm by Kirill Krjukov
bahbahani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2015, 07:13 PM   #105
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Texes, VICI.. guys, maybe I'm wrong but you speak about shittest AP division... their online team... same guys that put Lebron with missaligned screw on official website (It lasted few days before they correct the pic), and 90% of media publish that wrong pic...

The pic they send you say grey inner bezel but on the pic it's clearly black, and it's clearly the actual ceramic model not the new one.

Again, maybe I'm wrong but wrist shots from AP guys on SIHH show same anthracite dial, gray inner bezel like last year model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6tag-1197669544-903589729621444473_1197669544.jpg (135.6 KB, 534 views)
File Type: jpg 6tag-19038035-902269604245500101_19038035.jpg (137.4 KB, 531 views)
Old 24 January 2015, 08:52 PM   #106
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICI View Post

Ok, I'm done :)

Agree with everything u said
Old 24 January 2015, 08:52 PM   #107
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree with this too
Old 24 January 2015, 11:57 PM   #108
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon123456 View Post
Agree with this too
It's not the same... just the wrong pic in the email from AP... posted live shots few post above... and congrats on all gold 42, post it with more pics on your thread about RG or PL :)
Old 25 January 2015, 12:11 AM   #109
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Amazing now the 44mm novelties are still selling 3+ years later.

That is because they are awesome!
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2015, 12:26 AM   #110
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Texes, VICI.. guys, maybe I'm wrong but you speak about shittest AP division... their online team... same guys that put Lebron with missaligned screw on official website (It lasted few days before they correct the pic), and 90% of media publish that wrong pic...

The pic they send you say grey inner bezel but on the pic it's clearly black, and it's clearly the actual ceramic model not the new one.

Again, maybe I'm wrong but wrist shots from AP guys on SIHH show same anthracite dial, gray inner bezel like last year model.
Quote:
It's not the same... just the wrong pic in the email from AP... posted live shots few post above... and congrats on all gold 42, post it with more pics on your thread about RG or PL :)
Yes, THAT is the correct watch. It is just SAD that the website and an email from the BOUTIQUE don't even have the correct watch...I mean come on how hard is that? I had to argue last year with a AP AD that was trying to pawn off the black all ceramic as the anthracite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
That is because they are awesome!
You got that right
Old 25 January 2015, 12:50 AM   #111
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, THAT is the correct watch. It is just SAD that the website and an email from the BOUTIQUE don't even have the correct watch...I mean come on how hard is that? I had to argue last year with a AP AD that was trying to pawn off the black all ceramic as the anthracite.
You got that right
I'm in advertising business and just can't believe company like AP allow these things happen.. you are potential buyer and they send you a wrong pic... on the side note it's not a attachment mistake, they actually believe they sent you a correct one...

And when I mentioned Lebron case... Launch of Lebron LE ROO was not covered only by horologic sites and forums, a thousands of sport/basketball, fashion, lifestyle, business world leading web portals and print media published the story... the story with Hublot like screw :)

I wrote a few emails, contact them via social media and it took them 2-3 days to correct the pic on the official web site... they never contacted any of the media and send them new pic... OK, maybe it's just a screw, a little nothing, but for companies like AP it must be everything...

2 seconds of google search link you to thousands of these articles...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/arielada...demars-piguet/

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101059595

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2013/09/...-lebron-james/
Old 25 January 2015, 03:44 AM   #112
mspeed76
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
ok so what happened to the real anthracite 44mm? was it just cancelled?
mspeed76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2015, 04:07 AM   #113
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed76 View Post
ok so what happened to the real anthracite 44mm? was it just cancelled?
No it exists (as shown above), AP launched it at SIHH 2014, then cancelled it. Now it's back at 2015 SIHH...let's see if it really gets released this summer
Old 25 January 2015, 07:52 PM   #114
mb23
Banned

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Quote:
No it exists (as shown above), AP launched it at SIHH 2014, then cancelled it. Now it's back at 2015 SIHH...let's see if it really gets released this summer
It will be released this summer and the forged carbon will be stopped once the stock is worked through.
mb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2015, 03:54 AM   #115
kb24
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROC 26320 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgeon123456 View Post
I am so underwhelmed.

1. A two tone Royal Oak....I cant stand two tone and it really makes the watch look like it belongs in the 1970s.

2. The concept case has always been and will always be horrendous

3. White dial diver and outfitting current divers display back is probably their best offering thus far

I haven't seen any of the diamond stuff but also dont care for that in general.
i so agree with you man.. they could've come out with lesser models but only whats worth it.. the concept and two tone just make it boring
Old 27 January 2015, 06:00 AM   #116
Bulliondesk
Banned

Someone mentioned they are catering towards Floyd Mayweather.. made me chuckle but unfortunately he is spot on. I used to be a huge fan and supporter of the brand up until a few years ago. I owned numerous pieces in the past.. unfortunately have moved on due to the crowd and appearance they have been marketing towards with all the bling bling etc. What happened to the Golf/Tennis/Boating/Yachting? Those classic 36-39mm 15202's and simple Rubber Clad's.. a shame what I have seen lately.
Bulliondesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2015, 06:17 AM   #117
JJ WA
"TRF" Member

I do not like the Concept case, nor TT. No comments for the diamonds either. But, honestly, these watches do not impact in any way my appreciation for the traditional RO line or the ROOs (especially, the 42mm). No matter how important or prestigious a watch company is, I will most likely only love 'some' of the pieces in its collections. I would even say AP has all the right to try to please other people with this year's watches, and I will continue to love them for as long as they continue to produce amazing ROs and ROOs. My two cents :-)
JJ WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2015, 06:47 PM   #118
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Am I a nutter? There is Zero coverage, mention or acknowledgement of the new ROC Milan and Gray accented Chronos anywhere on the net cept here. Whats up?
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2015, 10:35 PM   #119
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
Am I a nutter? There is Zero coverage, mention or acknowledgement of the new ROC Milan and Gray accented Chronos anywhere on the net cept here. Whats up?
Milan is very limited, Milano boutique only so don't except large coverage...

But yes it's very strange anthracite model is not covered and as you can see in earlier posts even ADs send wrong pictures and don't have exact info about it...
Old 30 May 2015, 09:38 AM   #120
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here is the first pic from round two by Kiril Krjukov from AP Prague...

AP RO LE city of Milan... at first, maybe it's a good looking edtion but I don't love the way AP goes... it's excellent for ROO line to be extravagant, with wild materials, gold with rubber, LEs don't bother me either, a lot of insane good looking editions in past years.... but please keep RO line clean sport classic watch...
So, there's one for sale 'round here. Who's gonna grab it?
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote