The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 May 2021, 12:09 AM   #91
agsstructures
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

I would normally have said AP, but on your wrist the Daytona looks great. I'm a big AP fan but my opinion is keep the Daytona.
agsstructures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 12:14 AM   #92
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriel View Post
It’s beautiful, but will have to sell the Daytona...
i still say go with the AP. i think AP's rose gold is a lot better than rolex's and once you wear it for a few days and see the bracelet in action you won't regret it, at least that's how i feel with the steel version. a gold AP is my grail though so i'm biased
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 02:44 AM   #93
Coriel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Evererose Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
That AP really suits your wrist. I would vote for the AP!
Thank you! It’s the 34mm version. The only available at the moment
Coriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 04:06 AM   #94
karleone
"TRF" Member

The Daytona looks amazing on your wrist! The AP is nice too but I think the chocolate dial of the Daytona suits you better. For a daily use the Daytona is more reliable!
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 04:54 AM   #95
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Thank you! It’s the 34mm version. The only available at the moment
Be glad. I think that it's just the right size on your wrist. 37mm probably would have worn too big, particularly given the case shape, and how the bracelet attaches.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 05:03 AM   #96
zjd168
"TRF" Member

shall keep both if possible, otherwise AP as it is rarer
zjd168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 05:16 AM   #97
Fanofsteel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwv View Post
With a less sophisticated crowd, this thread could get out of control fast. Already have guys sending pics back to the OP. hahaha.
Such a great combination of truth and humor in this comment.
Fanofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 06:49 AM   #98
Coriel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleone View Post
The Daytona looks amazing on your wrist! The AP is nice too but I think the chocolate dial of the Daytona suits you better. For a daily use the Daytona is more reliable!
Yes and I think the Daytona since it is a sport and big watch gives the looks a certain coolness even if it’s more dressy. However RO is another league and I didn’t consider before since I’ve never spent a penny in the brand before. Then the opportunity to have one appeared... that’s why I can’t make my mind...
Old 30 May 2021, 08:47 AM   #99
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
As a Rolex-loving woman here are my thoughts:

Is this a watch you wear every day, or is it a “nice” watch for special occasions?

You’re very dressy and stylish. I am in the legal profession, and wear nice suits for work, but am very casual at home. For me, Rolex goes with both.

One of my very stylish female colleagues has the AP. She loves how it flies under the radar, unlike Rolex. Hers is SS with a blue face. Of course, you are considering the AP with diamonds, which doesn’t fly under the radar.

Would this be your first watch with diamonds? Are you comfortable wearing diamonds? Some women wear diamonds every day. I’m not that type. For me, a diamond watch would be my “special occasion” watch. If you do want to wear diamonds every day, the AP would be the choice over the Daytona. Although women do wear the Daytona, it was designed as a man’s watch. The AP women’s size with diamonds would definitely be a different and distinctly feminine style.

Skin tone: the Rose gold looks great on you. With my skin tone, silver/white metal is best. I’ve tried on the Rolex RG (in a Day Date) and as much as I wanted to love it, it didn’t work for me. Try on the AP and see how its color works with your skin tone.

Dumb question, but is the AP automatic or quartz? Some of the AP ladies’ watches are quartz.

What a fun choice to have!
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 09:13 AM   #100
Coriel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boopie View Post
As a Rolex-loving woman here are my thoughts:

Is this a watch you wear every day, or is it a “nice” watch for special occasions?

You’re very dressy and stylish. I am in the legal profession, and wear nice suits for work, but am very casual at home. For me, Rolex goes with both.

One of my very stylish female colleagues has the AP. She loves how it flies under the radar, unlike Rolex. Hers is SS with a blue face. Of course, you are considering the AP with diamonds, which doesn’t fly under the radar.

Would this be your first watch with diamonds? Are you comfortable wearing diamonds? Some women wear diamonds every day. I’m not that type. For me, a diamond watch would be my “special occasion” watch. If you do want to wear diamonds every day, the AP would be the choice over the Daytona. Although women do wear the Daytona, it was designed as a man’s watch. The AP women’s size with diamonds would definitely be a different and distinctly feminine style.

Skin tone: the Rose gold looks great on you. With my skin tone, silver/white metal is best. I’ve tried on the Rolex RG (in a Day Date) and as much as I wanted to love it, it didn’t work for me. Try on the AP and see how its color works with your skin tone.

Dumb question, but is the AP automatic or quartz? Some of the AP ladies’ watches are quartz.

What a fun choice to have!
Thank you for your advise. I also own a 36mm datejust rose gold and steel, that’s why I want a full gold watch now. AP launched in 2020 4 new automatic models size 34mm. The only in full gold has diamonds. I don’t dislike them, I wear my tennis bracelet everyday. Just not sure about the 34mm size since my date is 36mm and Daytona 40mm. Looks kind of small I guess
Old 30 May 2021, 09:19 AM   #101
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Thank you for your advise. I also own a 36mm datejust rose gold and steel, that’s why I want a full gold watch now. AP launched in 2020 4 new automatic models size 34mm. The only in full gold has diamonds. I don’t dislike them, I wear my tennis bracelet everyday. Just not sure about the 34mm size since my date is 36mm and Daytona 40mm. Looks kind of small I guess
If it makes you feel any better, I just traded the 40mm Rolex I've worn for over a decade for a 36mm. Knew the moment I did it that I'd made the right choice. Then again, I'm trying to coach in leagues I have no business playing in, all of my watches are stainless
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 09:35 AM   #102
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Went today to AD boutique. I wish I could keep both. What do you think?
Both look gorgeous on your wrist but if you have to keep only one, I think AP RO win by small margin, it looks so elegant.
Rolex: 116621, 126333, 126711CHNR, 114060, 116500LN White, 126660 JC, 126710BLNR, 126710BLRO, 116610LV, 126610LN, 126610LV, 116508 YG Green Dial, 124300 Turquoise, 126719BLRO Meteorite dial, 228235 Olive dial ,126755SARU, 116505 RG Black dial, 326934 Blue Sky D.
AP: 15451ST Blue, 15500OR w/Bracelet, 14790SA, 14790BA, 26022BC(Salmon) PP: 5524R, 5712G, ALS: Time Zone 136.032, Cartier: WGSA0030, WSSA0061, YG Oct. 2965, Carree 2961, YG Carree, Tank W5000156 Breguet: 7137BA, MontBlanc: 109996"
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 10:08 AM   #103
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
Quote:
I’m a wrist size 15cm. I’m more dressy than casual as I’m a lawyer, but pretty casual on weekends. I want a watch to wear in all situations, I like to see the Daytona with dressy clothes, I think it looks cool. But for me the RO is more unique. I love the design. Selling the Daytona will be a headache, considering size 34mm RO rose gold too as they have released in 2020 an automatic version, just like 37mm but only with white dial

Ok I may be in the minority here but I think keep the Daytona. I saw some pics where you posted a pic of the 34 mm RO quartz and to be honest the way the bracelet sits would Suggest the 37 mm maybe to long lug to lug for your wrist size.

This is just my opinion, and we all know what people say about opinions lol. Either way you will have a great watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 10:09 AM   #104
jakjuventus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
I would vote for the AP Royal Oak 34mm though.

How about AP two tone 34mm, this will come without diamond bezel.
And keeping both.

I love how it look on her. (IG : @anoukyve)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMzfQ5oH..._web_copy_link
jakjuventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 10:18 AM   #105
Coriel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakjuventus View Post
I would vote for the AP Royal Oak 34mm though.

How about AP two tone 34mm, this will come without diamond bezel.
And keeping both.

I love how it look on her. (IG : @anoukyve)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMzfQ5oH..._web_copy_link
Yes that would be a great option. Don’t know if could get one two tone. Are they hard to get in 34mm?
Old 30 May 2021, 10:58 AM   #106
jakjuventus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Yes that would be a great option. Don’t know if could get one two tone. Are they hard to get in 34mm?

Nowadays it seem all Royal Oak are hard to get, but should give it a try.

In the meantime you also can enjoy your lovely Daytona

Royal Oak : 34mm 77350st
Nautilus : 7118/1a Blue dial
jakjuventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 11:32 AM   #107
Lukebennett21
"TRF" Member

I vote AP, either watch will be great though
Lukebennett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 05:39 PM   #108
karleone
"TRF" Member

You should try the exact AP you want to buy and take some time to compare with your Daytona. A diamond bezel watch is for sure flashier and more difficult to wear in any situation. Even if AP is a higher end brand compared to Rolex it’s not a valid argument when choosing between two watches. Try them both side by side and take the one you love most!
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 07:26 PM   #109
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Here is how the daytona looks on me
Daytona looks perfect

I find AP quite bulky that looks a lot more elegant and suited to your style I would say.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2021, 08:28 PM   #110
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Tough one. The Daytona is rightfully a classic, but is quite big on a small wrist. The Royal Oak and similar designs from Patek I personally don’t like at all. I think they’ve become a fad because of Hollyweird and celebrities. Probably a conversation piece in some circles (the kind I would stay clear from for miles).
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 12:13 AM   #111
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7enderbender View Post
Tough one. The Daytona is rightfully a classic, but is quite big on a small wrist. The Royal Oak and similar designs from Patek I personally don’t like at all. I think they’ve become a fad because of Hollyweird and celebrities. Probably a conversation piece in some circles (the kind I would stay clear from for miles).
i wouldn't say AP and patek are a fad, and if they are then not any more than rolexes are. those 2 brands have way too much history to be a fad just because of hype going crazy everywhere. it would make sense for RMs if anything
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 12:43 AM   #112
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
50 years isn’t a fad.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 01:29 AM   #113
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Went today to AD boutique. I wish I could keep both. What do you think?
If you’re okay with diamonds, and based on everything else you’ve posted, sounds like AP is a winner for you.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 01:31 AM   #114
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

One other thought, why not keep the Daytona and simply add a steel RO in order to try and have both styles to switch between?
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 01:45 AM   #115
bp1000
"TRF" Member

I can see your dilemma now.

Since seeing the wrist shots, the RO works incredibly well. Matches your Cartier bracelets too.

It’s extremely dressy whereas the Daytona is a lot more versatile.

Interesting to see both watches on wrist, due to the integrated bracelet the RO wears pretty much the same on wrist if you look at where the bracelet starts to contour and drop down the wrist. Ie the lug to lug.

This is a really tough one. Especially as I’m a big Daytona fan and it’s your watch and combo which is the only PM I don’t own yet and will be buying next.

Which one are you leaning towards? Probably best to go with your gut feel on what you love the most. Neither would be classed as second best, both stunning. In different ways.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 02:50 AM   #116
Coriel
"TRF" Member

In the meanwhile got my hands to this beauty today
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C694AE43-F475-4222-8A20-49E156CCA3A6.jpeg (122.2 KB, 433 views)
Old 31 May 2021, 02:59 AM   #117
Coriel
"TRF" Member

RO 34mm vs Tiffany 36mm. Kinda seem the same size no?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DBBD92EB-6890-43E9-B8B8-5E1ED011C6EC.jpeg (82.2 KB, 425 views)
Old 31 May 2021, 03:52 AM   #118
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i wouldn't say AP and patek are a fad, and if they are then not any more than rolexes are. those 2 brands have way too much history to be a fad just because of hype going crazy everywhere. it would make sense for RMs if anything
Not speaking about the brands per se. Patek obviously ranks in the top echelons of horology and for good reason. I was talking about the specific models (Royal Oak and Nautilus). I’ll leave it to others to talk about who ripped off whom and if that matters. I just find them both gaudy with that 70s grandpa design and don’t fully get how they became the latest thing among “famous” people. Maybe they are here to stay. Shouldn’t matter. Only matters what the individual likes, not what other people think of it really. I personally wouldn’t be interested independent of price. Though that’s actually true for most Rolex models also for similar reasons.
Again, nothing to do with the brands. The latest Patek perpetual calendar with the inline date is nothing short of amazing (and shall forever be out of my price range)
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 04:52 AM   #119
RoIIie
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In the meanwhile got my hands to this beauty today
Very nice
RoIIie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2021, 06:27 AM   #120
NiJaRo1225
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP and Rolex
Quote:
RO 34mm vs Tiffany 36mm. Kinda seem the same size no?

That’s the perfect 2-piece combo, IMO.

RO = Dressy/flashy/sophisticated

OP = Cool/casual w/that nice pop of color.

Those two watches together will fit the bill for any occasion.

NiJaRo1225 is offline   Reply With Quote