The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 October 2023, 05:27 PM   #121
Scholar
"TRF" Member

I've liked the green since they released it, but I think the 2023 revision fixed a lot of what was wrong with the in-house Black Bay 41 so it seems like a bad idea to buy this instead of waiting for the update.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 05:51 PM   #122
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar View Post
I've liked the green since they released it, but I think the 2023 revision fixed a lot of what was wrong with the in-house Black Bay 41 so it seems like a bad idea to buy this instead of waiting for the update.
There is a chance Harrods won't collaborate with Tudor again. Harrods may go with another brand or won't do a BB again. Harrods may do another Tudor model altogether. It is all about how much a watch maker will pay Harrods to use it's brand.
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 06:59 PM   #123
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshvarts1 View Post
Love the color scheme don't know about the thickness
It's thick, there's no getting away from it. The case back sits nice on my 6.5" oval wrist. Having said that, I'm used to wearing Sky Dwellers, so it's all relative.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 09:00 PM   #124
kittansett
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakin70 View Post
My box arrived looking like it was used to play soccer. Watch and pillow were turned sideways. A couple minor scratches on the bracelet only. I do not plan to use the bracelet so it’s not a concern for me, and will go into rotation immediately. Overall happy with the purchase.
Could it be due to the Customs examining the watch and not returning it on the same way it was packaged? I thought that customs can check the merchandise prior to release to ensure that it is what is labeled ?
kittansett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 10:34 PM   #125
nick800
"TRF" Member

I'm returning mine. The scratches are beyond what I can accept.
nick800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 11:14 PM   #126
CavFan1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick800 View Post
I'm returning mine. The scratches are beyond what I can accept.
Pic?
CavFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 11:39 PM   #127
lawyerdude
"TRF" Member

Has anyone been sent a clean one? I wonder if they are dumping the ones that were returned/imperfects now? I figured the only risk was $30 shipping, so I took a chance, but am curious.
lawyerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 12:06 AM   #128
mfnj
2024 Pledge Member

I got one on order that is pending shipment. Will keep everyone posted. Ordered yesterday, October 3rd
mfnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 12:51 AM   #129
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdude View Post
Has anyone been sent a clean one? I wonder if they are dumping the ones that were returned/imperfects now? I figured the only risk was $30 shipping, so I took a chance, but am curious.
Yes. Watch sitting correctly in box on cushion, no marks, bezel protector in place and stickers on the case back and clasp (not bracelet or lugs). The box was mint inside and out and included an intact white outer white sleeve. My transit packaging was identical to that shown in the picture on this thread. Mine went direct to a UK courier and did not need to go through customs.
Old 5 October 2023, 01:16 AM   #130
isgrb
"TRF" Member

I had the same thought about them dumping inventory. Particularly returns, defects etc. for buyers outside the UK since it’s more legwork to initiate returns.

In any event, I talked to Harrods this morning and sent them the pic of my multi-colored lume, will report back once I hear back from them.

For what’s worth, the number on the case back on mine is 98xx which would indicate it’s not fresh off the assembly line.
isgrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 03:11 AM   #131
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isgrb View Post
I had the same thought about them dumping inventory. Particularly returns, defects etc. for buyers outside the UK since it’s more legwork to initiate returns.

In any event, I talked to Harrods this morning and sent them the pic of my multi-colored lume, will report back once I hear back from them.

For what’s worth, the number on the case back on mine is 98xx which would indicate it’s not fresh off the assembly line.
Not remotely recent. Mine's 11XXXX. You could be onto something.
Old 5 October 2023, 04:46 AM   #132
MONTANTK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Not remotely recent. Mine's 11XXXX. You could be onto something.
That could explain the crazy cheap price that somehow included duties
MONTANTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 07:33 AM   #133
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No problems on mine. No scratches, nicks.
Watch slid a bit on the cushion but all was in place.
All green lume.
Number ~12750
I don’t think Harrods is selling returned watches. Their reputation is worth more than that. But who knows.
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 09:14 AM   #134
nick800
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavFan1 View Post
Pic?
It is already boxed up and shipped back. Mine had a case back sticker only and current date on the warranty card.
nick800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 09:33 AM   #135
LittlePud
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlOver View Post
$5321 CAD is the direct currency exchange for the USD price of $3881. Are there some extra tariffs/duties that must be paid to the Canadian government? If I bought you this a s a gift and sent it to you, would there be additional duties?
Depends on province, but sales taxes are approximately 13-15% on top of import duties of around 5%.
Old 5 October 2023, 10:39 AM   #136
Fiveflat
Banned

I had one in my cart and proceeded to checkout until I called my local Tudor AD and they have quite a selection of Tudor available immediately. I owe it to myself to go see if they have one that’s more desirable. Although this is pretty nice.

The Harrods was going to cost me $4100 to get it home.
Fiveflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 12:28 PM   #137
CryptoMan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Kermit
Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 October 2023, 01:40 PM   #138
drmizzou
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector!
Mine arrived today after being stuck in NJ awaiting customs clearance since last Wednesday. Everything intact with stickers and bezel protector in the Tudor box on the cushion with the white outer box sleeve. What I paid on the website was it. No further duties or taxes. Great deal. Tried to size it at home but the darn screws are on so tight I couldn’t do it. Gonna have to take it into an AD. Very happy with this purchase. Have been waiting a long time for the chance to own one but no way was gonna pay a $2-3k premium these had been going for.
Pepsi GMT 126710BLRO
White DaytonaC 116500
Omega Seamaster 50th Anniv Bond OHMSS
Omega Seamaster Bond titanium
drmizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 02:00 PM   #139
kittansett
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmizzou View Post
Mine arrived today after being stuck in NJ awaiting customs clearance since last Wednesday. Everything intact with stickers and bezel protector in the Tudor box on the cushion with the white outer box sleeve. What I paid on the website was it. No further duties or taxes. Great deal. Tried to size it at home but the darn screws are on so tight I couldn’t do it. Gonna have to take it into an AD. Very happy with this purchase. Have been waiting a long time for the chance to own one but no way was gonna pay a $2-3k premium these had been going for.
Great news! Hopefully the others will have the same experience as you!
kittansett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 02:02 PM   #140
lawyerdude
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How do AD’s react when you go to get a watch bi=ought offsite sized? I feel like i want to find one that i am not trying to get a Rolex from.
lawyerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 02:30 PM   #141
Bgsgomi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mine was still on the cushion, but on its side. I didn’t see any scratches and am perfectly happy with it. Lume is all green. Didn’t check S/N yet.
Bgsgomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2023, 09:55 PM   #142
Alex71168
"TRF" Member

When I purchased mine the Tudor manager at Harrods told me they don’t always come with sequenced numbers on the reverse if that helps.

The two tone lume is strange I think I’d want it changed as it would annoy me as it does look odd. But it is unique!
Alex71168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 01:07 AM   #143
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveflat View Post
I had one in my cart and proceeded to checkout until I called my local Tudor AD and they have quite a selection of Tudor available immediately. I owe it to myself to go see if they have one that’s more desirable. Although this is pretty nice.

The Harrods was going to cost me $4100 to get it home.
the harrods bb is one of the best you can get. Ads can't match it
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 02:09 AM   #144
talkingbollox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex71168 View Post
The two tone lume is strange I think I’d want it changed as it would annoy me as it does look odd. But it is unique!
Might be worth hanging on to as it will be an “error dial” so worth more in future?
talkingbollox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 02:53 AM   #145
Fiveflat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldofoyster View Post
the harrods bb is one of the best you can get. Ads can't match it
What’s the difference between Harrods and the red BB? Other than the green basil?
Fiveflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 03:25 AM   #146
ap1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveflat View Post
What’s the difference between Harrods and the red BB? Other than the green basil?
Nothing
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 03:45 AM   #147
mfnj
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Couple of tricks to "loosen" the screws if you have not done so already - run the links of the bracelet with the screws you want to remove under some mildly hot water for a bit which usually does the trick. If not, take a hair dryer and aim it at the screws for a while. If neither of those work, off to the AD for sizing!
mfnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 07:30 AM   #148
talkingbollox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Nothing
By red I assume you mean the new burgundy? The burgundy is more expensive; has a better crafted crown, T-fit clasp and METAS Master Chronometer certification.
talkingbollox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 07:43 AM   #149
ap1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingbollox View Post
By red I assume you mean the new burgundy? The burgundy is more expensive; has a better crafted crown, T-fit clasp and METAS Master Chronometer certification.

My answer context was at the launch of the Harrods green. It was the same bb burgundy case from that time. You are looking at the response relative to the metas versions from 2023. Both right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 08:02 AM   #150
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Hello guys,

I received mine yesterday, like others have mentioned it was sitting on its side? Also there were no stickers on it or bezel protector, nor the hang tags on it. Looked to me like and open box piece or returned piece? Not 100% new. I did not see any damage to watch.

Maybe it’s what others are saying that these are being cleared out.
Mine is 11600 don’t know if that matters.

I have not checked my loom to see if it’s different. You guys are experts, I would never think of looking at the loom.

Z
Zach69SS is online now   Reply With Quote