The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 November 2009, 12:10 PM   #121
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
^^Lol, JJ. Yeah, Vu, it's not like you're stuck with a dog!
JBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2009, 01:28 PM   #122
Watch Fan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Sticker shock is something we all understand. (Been there, done that) If you're not comfortable with the purchase, then definately take it back while you still can. The idea here is to be happy with the watches we purchase. If you're not, for whatever reason, then don't put yourself in a position that you will regret. Only you can make this decission, just be sure.
Watch Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2009, 03:30 PM   #123
Watch Professor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIC; Sub Date
Definitely return it.

You are fortunate to have a 30 day return period. You can always buy it again in the future.
Watch Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2009, 03:35 PM   #124
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

If you end up returning it, you'll want another Daytona a few days later ! Keep it and wear it !
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2009, 03:37 PM   #125
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dweller View Post
If you end up returning it, you'll want another Daytona a few days later ! Keep it and wear it !
If you read the thread carefully, you'll see that he's already returned it and is now having a very restful sleep at night!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2009, 11:15 PM   #126
Brushpup
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I'm wearing
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_bu98 View Post
I was at an AD tonight and they had a SS Daytona in white dial in the case. I ended buying it for MSRP + 8% sales tax, so $10,719 USD out the door.

It's a beautiful piece and it's one that I've been wanting for awhile, but now that I own it...I am not so sure. For starters, I would have to sell my platinum YM and a few of my Nikon lenses to pay for it so cost is a big issue. My YM has platinum in it, so at least that can justify the price tag on it vs a SS chronograph. I don't see myself using the chronograph function much like how I use the bezel on the YM. I like the lume on the YM better. I think I may miss the date function.

Currently it's sitting in the box and I have 30 days to decide if I should keep it or return it.

Thoughts?
Classic case of the "wanting is more fun than the having". That's all...

PClub # 10
The safest place for your watch is on your wrist.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2009, 11:17 PM   #127
BarkMaster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078 YG DD
I can totally relate to the excitement of the hunt comment.
Old 1 November 2009, 11:55 PM   #128
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_bu98 View Post
I was at an AD tonight and they had a SS Daytona in white dial in the case. I ended buying it for MSRP + 8% sales tax, so $10,719 USD out the door.

It's a beautiful piece and it's one that I've been wanting for awhile, but now that I own it...I am not so sure. For starters, I would have to sell my platinum YM and a few of my Nikon lenses to pay for it so cost is a big issue. My YM has platinum in it, so at least that can justify the price tag on it vs a SS chronograph. I don't see myself using the chronograph function much like how I use the bezel on the YM. I like the lume on the YM better. I think I may miss the date function.

Currently it's sitting in the box and I have 30 days to decide if I should keep it or return it.

Thoughts?

Return it
That is why we have 10-20-30 days to decide.
But if you do...don't forget to tell them to contact me...
Tell them... a possible new client..
TempoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2009, 05:29 AM   #129
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschy View Post
jeez, did we wake up on the wrong side of the bed?
Absolutely not...I just don't understand when people talk for 'Everyone' (or buy watches with features they have no intention of using ).

This is an open forum...used to discuss topics, debate points, educate, ect. If I read something that I believe is debatable & would like to discuss, I see no reason not to. The most boring forums IMO are those where everyone sits around saying the same thing and NEVER disagreeing. Just because I disagreed w/ you on a point you made doesn't mean I'm upset (or in a cranky mood due to the side of the bed I rolled out of) but everything to do w/ continuing the dialog.

Sorry if that might have rubbed you the wrong way, but that wasn't my intent or purpose and don't see why you took it that way. Would it make you feel better if I agreed w/ everything you say even when I really disagree? I wouldn't want that type of forum and expect most others feel the same way. If you don't agree with me, great, lets hear why. That's the point.

Additionally, after I posted my previous reply my mistake dawned on me...not that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but the fact that I forgot to mention I (and many others I know) also use the bezel when we dive w/ our watches. I know that's a novel concept - using a dive watch to dive - but hey, what can I say, I guess we're a little abnormal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschy View Post
I still standby what i said , however i will reword it. I bet MOST dont use the features regularly.
Thanks...that's more like it. Now I completely agree w/ your post.
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2009, 06:42 AM   #130
USCpaneristi

Watch: Black SS Daytona
I'm glad you made a decision that you're at peace with. Plus, you still have that beautiful YM, and now someone else has a chance to get their grail. So basically, I think everyone's a winner in this situation.
USCpaneristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2009, 06:51 AM   #131
SSD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Stainless Sub Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCpaneristi View Post
I'm glad you made a decision that you're at peace with. Plus, you still have that beautiful YM, and now someone else has a chance to get their grail. So basically, I think everyone's a winner in this situation.
I couldn't have ever said that better Vu. The fact your final decision has brought you peace merely confirms your answer! Now go enjoy that Platty!

SUBMARINER OWNERS' CLUB
ESTABLISHED 1953
TRF Member # 5464

SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2009, 07:21 AM   #132
Buschy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by moby33 View Post
Absolutely not...I just don't understand when people talk for 'Everyone' (or buy watches with features they have no intention of using ).

This is an open forum...used to discuss topics, debate points, educate, ect. If I read something that I believe is debatable & would like to discuss, I see no reason not to. The most boring forums IMO are those where everyone sits around saying the same thing and NEVER disagreeing. Just because I disagreed w/ you on a point you made doesn't mean I'm upset (or in a cranky mood due to the side of the bed I rolled out of) but everything to do w/ continuing the dialog.

Sorry if that might have rubbed you the wrong way, but that wasn't my intent or purpose and don't see why you took it that way. Would it make you feel better if I agreed w/ everything you say even when I really disagree? I wouldn't want that type of forum and expect most others feel the same way. If you don't agree with me, great, lets hear why. That's the point.

Additionally, after I posted my previous reply my mistake dawned on me...not that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but the fact that I forgot to mention I (and many others I know) also use the bezel when we dive w/ our watches. I know that's a novel concept - using a dive watch to dive - but hey, what can I say, I guess we're a little abnormal.

Thanks...that's more like it. Now I completely agree w/ your post.
I was just kidding.
Buschy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2009, 02:39 PM   #133
JediRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Sounds like the YM speaks to you more. My thoughts on the Daytona is that it is a very nice watch, but not very practical for my needs. I would rarely use the chrono function, I love the bezel on my GMT. I use it all the time to time lunch breaks, pizzas in the oven, contractions jk jk. I would go with the YM.
JediRolex is offline   Reply With Quote