The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 15 January 2010, 12:20 PM   #121
Kokyuryoku
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscmaine View Post
... ask what their corporate policy is when it comes to responding to media inquiries about litigation, as your buddy at CNN was interested.

Give 'em hell and they will be advised to settle.
Yes, get the media involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitix View Post
Greg, PM me.. i work for FedEx and i want too see what can i do from here to help you...
That's an awesome gesture

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
I find that incredibly irritating also. In my previous ignorance, when I shipped my two watches to South Carolina via FedEx Overnight Express, the clerk asked what was in the box and happily allowed me to buy $8,200 in insurance, knowing full well that they would only honor $500 of that amount. I will never ship with them again.
I agree. It really doesn't make any sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Good points - but:
a) I have reputation as an established watch store
b) I have proof of the transaction with an electronic payment assigned to it, and an address matching the address on airbill, and
c) The potential recipient is a District Attorney in New Mexico.

Think my T's are crossed!
And all your i's are dotted

Fed Ex is probably hoping you will give up and cut your losses...................they obviously don't know you .

I wish there was something I could do. Good luck bro

Omega 3570.50 (77mil) Rolex 16610 (V) Rolex 1601 (1966) Seiko BM
Old 15 January 2010, 12:34 PM   #122
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Thanks, Ryan!!! Your kind words are enough :)

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 15 January 2010, 12:37 PM   #123
Cocobaci
"TRF" Member

Just goes to show how this world has become. No morals or ethics anymore. People only take and do not think of the problems that they cause.

Hope you get this all sorted out. Best of luck Greg!
Old 15 January 2010, 12:38 PM   #124
zlin08033
"TRF" Member

I think so, since the seller insured for $5000 (he said this is the max).
BTW, USPS is worse than Fedex - they just paid $100 and some change, I forgot the exact amount. I even write to their office in DC. no use. That is why I only buy from AD or "face to face" deal now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
Was that Registered? USPS=)
Maverick

Last edited by zlin08033; 15 January 2010 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: +
Old 15 January 2010, 12:58 PM   #125
Evan614
"TRF" Member

Watch: out 4 Panerai bug
x2
bad publicity is something they don't want and litigation costs that go beyond the claim is often the reason to settle for less.
But I don't think you can supena witnesses across borers and the witness often has the choice of location if they object to the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscmaine View Post
If the Fedex lawyer has already offered you $1,000 that is an admission of fault on their part. Hopefully you got that in writing or email.

The trick to getting your full value is to make THEIR legal fees climb up over $10-15,000 - or show them how you and your lawyer will do that.

Have your lawyer draft a letter to the $1,000 guy listing several hundred discovery documents, a list of say 45 employee depositions you will need (right down to the pilots and handlers at each hub - with all depositions to be at your lawyers office - travel costs to be incurred by Fedex)

And just for good measure ask what their corporate policy is when it comes to responding to media inquiries about litigation, as your buddy at CNN was interested.

Give 'em hell and they will be advised to settle.
Old 15 January 2010, 01:14 PM   #126
maverick
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlin08033 View Post
I think so, since the seller insured for $5000 (he said this is the max).
BTW, USPS is worse than Fedex - they just paid $100 and some change, I forgot the exact amount. I even write to their office in DC. no use. That is why I only buy from AD or "face to face" deal now.
The only service you want to use in the USA is Registered USPS. The package has to be wrapped with paper tape which is stamped at the postal office sealing the package.

Every time a Registered Package changes hands it is signed for by a postal worker. They keep it locked at all times and when it is shipped it is in locked pouches. Max insurance is 50K. If a Registered Package ever gets 'lost' at least one person will loose their job.

Also this is the only way Rolex Serviced Centers will accept a watch for service. UPS and Fed-Ex will be returned by Rolex unserviced.

Registered Mail is treated very different than other types of mail. =) maverick

Additional: I once had a person claim he did not receive a package from me. I went to the post office and they traced it own to the post office near his office. I called him with that info, then later I got a nice email about the watch. You will get a signature card back if requested.

Last edited by maverick; 15 January 2010 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: additional info
Old 15 January 2010, 01:16 PM   #127
PeteNYC13
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Greg,
I just read your post and the entire thread -my stomach hurts.

Good Luck, we are all hopeful for a happy ending - hey, if it can happen for "docs" drama a few weeks ago, nothing is impossible.

...and while there may be a totally honest answer to this, I fear that someone got a stolen Rolex from Santa this year.

GOOD LUCK!!!

-Pete
SS Black Dial Daytona M116520
SS Explorer II D16570
Old 15 January 2010, 01:25 PM   #128
zlin08033
"TRF" Member

maverick:
Then I guess he did not sent as Registered - since he said the max insurance allowed amount is $5k.
The problem was we knew package was in the mail delivery man's hand, he signed it but "forget" where he delivered it! How can USPS let this happen? I'm the one who supposed to sign for it.
BTW, do you know what kind mail max insurance allowed amount is $5k? It has been one year, I'm giving up here.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
The only service you want to use in the USA is Registered USPS. The package has to be wrapped with paper tape which is stamped at the postal office sealing the package.

Every time a Registered Package changes hands it is signed for by a postal worker. They keep it locked at all times and when it is shipped it is in locked pouches. Max insurance is 50K. If a Registered Package ever gets 'lost' at least one person will loose their job.

Also this is the only way Rolex Serviced Centers will accept a watch for service. UPS and Fed-Ex will be returned by Rolex unserviced.

Registered Mail is treated very different than other types of mail. =) maverick

Additional: I once had a person claim he did not receive a package from me. I went to the post office and they traced it own to the post office near his office. I called him with that info, then later I got a nice email about the watch. You will get a signature card back if requested.

Last edited by zlin08033; 15 January 2010 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: +
Old 15 January 2010, 01:35 PM   #129
choople

Watch: president day/date
i hope this works out for you, like the rest of us here. that is completely unacceptable and i cannot begin to fathom the amount of distress this issue must be causing for you.
Old 15 January 2010, 02:07 PM   #130
indy78
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233 Serti
Its a risk

I once shipped a watch via USPS that was fully insured for the amount of the watch. The company I shipped the watch to claimed they never received the watch, so I made a claim with USPS. USPS provided a signature confirming delivery, so they denied the claim. The investigator showed the signature to the comapny, who in turn said that person did not work there. USPS said they kept their end of the bargain because it was delivered as evidenced by the signature. I was suddenly left without a watch and 2,000. I don't trust any of them. From that point forward I bought my next two watches from an AD. I worry too much about the shipping.
Old 15 January 2010, 02:20 PM   #131
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Like everyone else said, I hope Fedex comes up with this and Vitrix, that's a very nice thing to do to offer to help.

I think that line: "FEDEX Has very good lawers" is a standard reply, I was shipping some equipment for work, using a SONY FEDEX number, it too got lost, they refused to do anything and I brought up legal action. I got that EXACT same response to which mine was: "SO DOES SONY" Gee...what do you know, they "found" it after that, the package and been opened and the equipment used, (I'm an Engineer, I can electronically log in and find these things out), probably by some mail room clerk, but at least we got it back. I say sue their A** and I wish you the best of luck!
Old 15 January 2010, 02:26 PM   #132
wgs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 000
Best of luck to you, hope you uncover the truth and FedEx takes responsibility!
Old 15 January 2010, 02:49 PM   #133
Cap

Theft from interstate shipment is a federal crime, so just to add to the presure upon Kinkos and FedEx report the events to State Attorney General, Local Police and the US Attorneys office. Likely you will get a bit of a run around but this might match up to something that is already being worked. Just a thought.
Old 15 January 2010, 02:57 PM   #134
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 SUBMARINER Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Wow....i hope this whole scenario greg with all the legal Issues and lawyers doesnt cost more than the watch...or you might end up loosing twice the amount of the watch..
Old 15 January 2010, 03:07 PM   #135
dmc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMTIIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BealeAss View Post
I like how this man thinks. The media issue is a great comical idea.

You know I recently shipped some jewelry via fedex/kinko's store and didn't feel comfortable displaying contents of my box to the manager as he stated the opposite of this situation.....stating that more times than not people claim contents around the holidays to be worth $X,000 amount then file an insurance claim to collect...hence him having to see my potential wedding ring in the box...as I said earlier my discomfort level around the store employee's was very high.

Needless to say I will not be making the mistake of using anything outside of USPS for the jewelry goods.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
And don't forget to ask for 5 million in punitive damages.

I would supeona the clerk from Kinkos and everyone on duty at Fedex, Memphis, TN.

You can win this Greg. I also think we could help, by calling Fedex and telling them we aren't going to ship or accept packages by their company until this is resolved. I've already done so.

I really hope it works out for you Greg.

R.I.P. JJ
Rolex GMTIIC M
Rolex GMTIIC V TRF
Rolex 16610 M
Rolex 116610 G
Omega SMP

Live Free Or Die
Old 15 January 2010, 03:44 PM   #136
Wolfgang427
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlin08033 View Post
maverick:
Then I guess he did not sent as Registered - since he said the max insurance allowed amount is $5k.
The problem was we knew package was in the mail delivery man's hand, he signed it but "forget" where he delivered it! How can USPS let this happen? I'm the one who supposed to sign for it.
BTW, do you know what kind mail max insurance allowed amount is $5k? It has been one year, I'm giving up here.
Thanks.
You can use any mail service(priority, parcel-post) and insure it up to $5K, however this is more expensive then the same insurance for registered/insured.
Old 15 January 2010, 03:50 PM   #137
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post

I would supeona the clerk from Kinkos and everyone on duty at Fedex, Memphis, TN.

You can win this Greg. I also think we could help, by calling Fedex and telling them we aren't going to ship or accept packages by their company until this is resolved. I've already done so.

You know, that's a good idea, Greg, do you have a case number? or Something like that? I can put a call in to Sony corporate, I know the person in charge of our shipping department, and ask her to place a threatening call, couldn't hurt.
Old 15 January 2010, 04:05 PM   #138
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Their is a member here (who has not posted here in a long time ) that is a Fed Ex Commissioned Police Inspector. Yes they have their own police force just like Postal Inspectors that are commissioned officers. Maybe if he is reading this he can PM you.

I went to mail a SS/YG GMT IIC that I picked up for a member here from my AD as a favor. I went to Fed Ex/Kinkos. The young tweaker like pimply face Kinkos kid's face lit up when I told him their was a Rolex inside. I grabbed the box out of his hands and hot footed it to the post office where it was insured for the full amount and sent without incident.

Good luck Greg.
Old 15 January 2010, 11:12 PM   #139
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
You know, that's a good idea, Greg, do you have a case number? or Something like that? I can put a call in to Sony corporate, I know the person in charge of our shipping department, and ask her to place a threatening call, couldn't hurt.
That would be awesome!

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 15 January 2010, 11:14 PM   #140
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post

Don - that's not a bad idea - and THANK YOU for placing such a call. Curious to see if anything will change as a result.

Old 15 January 2010, 11:43 PM   #141
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
Greg,
Good morning, I hope this will have a good ending soon. It is to bad this had to happen.

Again I think how could someone steal a Rolex with serial numbers, it is a hot item which will difficult to sell.
Old 15 January 2010, 11:46 PM   #142
Ultraman
"TRF" Member

Greg, I really hope the tide will turn in favour for you. You don't deserve this.
I can't provide much help but wish you the best of luck!
Old 15 January 2010, 11:48 PM   #143
MrCowboy99
"TRF" Member

Dont forget to get the video camera tapes from the Fed Ex Office showing you dropping it off. Might help.
I do not offer or provide any Rolex investment advice or opinion regarding the nature, potential, value, suitability or profitability of any particular watch, collections of watches, transaction or investment watch collecting strategy, and you shall be fully responsible for any watch decisions you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, watch objectives, risk tolerance, and what looks good in yoru opinion on your wrist.
Old 16 January 2010, 12:27 AM   #144
rolexgiants
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Thanks, Ryan!!! Your kind words are enough :)
definition of trying to do an honest business in the united states today= MIGRAINE HEADACHE....
Old 16 January 2010, 12:32 AM   #145
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
just caught up with this.....

hope it goes your way soon friend.

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
Old 16 January 2010, 12:43 AM   #146
vailpilgrim

That is egregious of Fedex... sorry to hear about the theft. I hope you succeed in your lawsuit against them - all the best!
Old 16 January 2010, 12:58 AM   #147
Lol-x
Facilitator

Go get'em Greg, you sound like you have a very good case to me.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 16 January 2010, 01:04 AM   #148
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Go get'em Greg, you sound like you have a very good case to me.
Thanks, el-Stevador

It'll take some effort, but I do think that the foundation is solid.

Old 16 January 2010, 01:07 AM   #149
Idle Swede
Suspended

I'm with Steve on this one and think you have a good case.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Pal.
Old 16 January 2010, 01:18 AM   #150
cowincanada
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
good luck and hope you get the watch back!
Closed Thread