The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 July 2008, 12:29 PM   #121
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2 View Post
You must be joking, Lee. I have no ego, and I absolutely need a $5000 watch. In fact, your 5296g keeps showing up in my dreams.
All of Lee's watches show up in my dreams. Let's just go over there and grab his watches and split them between us. I want the F.P. Journe. You can have the Patek. We'll see what else he has and draw straws.

Uh Oh! Another thread hijack is happening. At least we aren't talking about my Porsche is bigger than your Lambo.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2008, 12:58 PM   #122
nomaam

Watch: Daytona SS BF
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrolexman View Post
Ferrari is a great car for what it is,, the F430 is gorgeous and to get one new plan on getting in line and spending $280,000.

Now, compare that to a 997 Porsche twin turbo that is approx 1/2 the price at $140,000 out the door.

For the value there is NO comparison between the 2 cars. I have a faster car and a way more reliable car.

When I drive south in FL to the Ft Lauderdale area and see F Cars or Lambos on I-95 they dont even mess with me,,, The Porsche is a very respected car among enthusiasts. It has its own aura, especially the twin turbo.

You always hear about someone who is in a Ferarri driving to an event that doesnt make it,, a hose blows, it overheats or it just dies on the highway.

Would I want a F car? Sure but only for sunday driving intown. It has ZERO utility to me or dependablilty. TO own a Ferrrai or Lambo its best to have a friend of family member follow you in your own FLATBED truck just in case.

I love my twin turbo. Its an amazing ride and the power is incredible. Imagine 0 to 100 mph in 8 seconds... or 40 mph to 80 mph in 2 seconds.

To me, a Porsche is like a Rolex, very very dependable, an aura with wearing it,, special branding and very durable. (Rolex 24 Hour race at Daytona annually)

D

100% Agree with you. If i had the money i would take the Porsche Turbo hands down over the Ferrari. Since i can not afford any of them i ended up with an 05 Carrera S .
nomaam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2008, 03:04 PM   #123
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Hmmm.... seems like you're stalking my collection The 5296G is a great piece and rumours are, they are being phased out because of the overlap with the new 5396G which has a similar design but also has an annual calendar and moonphase.
I know! They phase out watches faster than I can find the money to buy them.
Old 23 July 2008, 03:07 PM   #124
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
So what is the quick judgement. I LOVE that watch, but new they are 9k+. I just love that blue accent colors they have. So damn nice.

You can't find them used. No one flips them!!!!!
A friend bought the chrono for $9K out the door, including CA tax, which I'd say is a great deal! The watch is stunning. It looked better on him than on me, but that was OK since I got to wear his Big Bang Luna Rossa as well.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack, but it looks like two pages ago the author already said he's keeping his Sub. So, Terry, when are we going to mug Lee for his collection?
Old 25 July 2008, 04:49 AM   #125
kevinchew
"TRF" Member

When I see another Rolex SS Date wearer....

It's an affirmation of belonging to a club of people who appreciate the finer things in life.

Enjoy
kevinchew is offline   Reply With Quote