The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 March 2018, 10:48 PM   #121
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
Imagine if food stores started to restrict product to the masses. I guess someone would write an open letter about that, but over a course of many replies, the open letter is held out to be sarcasm.

I'm laughing now also, good one OP.
If my grocery bill gets close to my watch bill....I've got a big problem.
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 10:55 PM   #122
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIII View Post
If my grocery bill gets close to my watch bill....I've got a big problem.
It does seem that some on here shop for both with equal frequency.
Old 24 March 2018, 11:14 PM   #123
HKEd
"TRF" Member

Nice one Vince! Best post I've read in a while and some of the responses are 'funny' too :)
HKEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 11:21 PM   #124
MinMay
Banned

Is this Fake news?
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 11:34 PM   #125
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
Deleted.
Addressed by Mod.
I prefer it when you leave these up so we know precisely what gets us on the sh!t list.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 11:45 PM   #126
randomguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex OMEGA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, no one does tongue and cheek better than a Brit. I oughta know, I grew up in it.

randomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 11:57 PM   #127
pilotjim
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
What's really funny is that the OP confirmed that the whole thing was tongue in cheek on the first page (post 17), and people still don't get that it's sarcasm.
Old 25 March 2018, 12:39 AM   #128
arosado
Banned

Watch: Rolex, AP & Omega
Long letter ... time will tell the effectiveness of the message.
arosado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 12:41 AM   #129
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arosado View Post
Long letter ... time will tell the effectiveness of the message.
It was effective the second I read it!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 12:57 AM   #130
DLRIDES
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
Too whiny, DNR.

Old 25 March 2018, 01:14 AM   #131
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotjim View Post
What's really funny is that the OP confirmed that the whole thing was tongue in cheek on the first page (post 17), and people still don't get that it's sarcasm.
What shall we do about this?

Can we dip them in hot tar and feather them?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 01:36 AM   #132
dnpina
Banned

Watch: 126610 LV
I actually checked in on the forum this morning to read the latest whining complaint. Being greeted with the OP's incredible humor was even better. Thank you V

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
dnpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 02:37 AM   #133
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
It was effective the second I read it!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 04:42 AM   #134
zaratsu
"TRF" Member

Whilst the offended responses are funny, I think the dumbest things happening here are the ignorant 1 line responses from people who clearly haven't read the thread nor the original post, yet still feel the need to add their expert "contribution".

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
zaratsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 04:45 AM   #135
GradyPhilpott

Watch: Tudor BB36
Quote:
To whom it may concern

We feel compelled to inform you of our many frustrations and I ask you to give this your immediate attention. We are a patient and good humoured bunch but you are pushing us to our limits. Our complaints are many but in this open letter we will try to limit them to those that require urgent redress.

[...]
I think it's a well-written piece of satire.

It pokes fun not only at Rolex, but also us, the ever-demanding, insatiably enthusiastic, but never quite satisfied.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 04:45 AM   #136
Tonster
"TRF" Member

Watch: 326934
Quote:
To whom it may concern

We feel compelled to inform you of our many frustrations and I ask you to give this your immediate attention. We are a patient and good humoured bunch but you are pushing us to our limits. Our complaints are many but in this open letter we will try to limit them to those that require urgent redress.

May we start by pointing out that we are your customers, and without us you have nothing, you effectively work for us and you should not forget that. You need us, and your primary focus each and every day should be keeping us happy; you are not there to make money, you are there to serve.

Let me please start with the lack of availability of the watches we so desperately want, it is simply not acceptable. We need you to realise that if we want a watch, then we are entitled to have it! Who on earth do you think you are to decide whether or not we can have one of your watches? You have a basic mandate to provide enough watches for each and every one of us, failure to do this is clear dereliction of duty and cannot be tolerated any longer, we implore you to immediately build more facilities so that you can increase production to satisfy our needs. We recognise that the Swiss watch industry is facing a slightly uncertain future based on the potentially destabilising impact of the introduction of smart watches, and as a result we recognise that increasing production through facility growth could be a risky strategy, but frankly we would refer you to the earlier point, you are here to serve us and not to be a commercial success.

Following on from the lack of availability, we need you to focus all your energies on abolishing waiting times; we have worked hard for our wealth and we have the basic human right of immediacy. We recognise that it is hard to predict demand and as such this presents a challenge, but the solution really is very simple once you realise that you do not exist to make money. Simply produce more than you believe you will need, accept the potential wastage, and the margin degradation as a result should not really present an issue given that you are a not-for-profit organisation. We will not wait, we must not wait.

Talking of waiting lists brings us neatly on to our next complaint; why is it that loyal customers receive a differentiated service from your network of authorised dealers? Surely we are all equal and deserve to be treated as such, and surely you have full control over your dealer network to ensure they too recognise the need to exist for our benefit and not their own. We do of course recognise that many authorised dealers are dependent on having a core of loyal customers and there is a temptation to treat those that keep their business alive slightly better, but this is not our problem and this temptation must be resisted. The level of selfishness demonstrated by you and your partner network is simply astonishing, we really don’t believe you have your priorities right.

Whilst we are on the subject of lists, we have several members that feel that the management of lists is underhand and a shameful disgrace. We appreciate that it may take some time to increase production numbers so that you can more adequately serve us, despite our need demand for immediacy, so if lists are a necessary evil in the meantime then please at least ensure they are managed more appropriately. We demand that when a customer is placed on a list, then their place on the list is honoured in all circumstances. Of course, I should point out that we retain the right to place ourselves on lists with as many dealers as we wish and once we have our prized procession, we are fully entitled to remove ourselves from other lists we may be on. We do appreciate that may appear one-sided, but I urge you to remember that it is about us, and not about you.

We really must talk about stickers. We have bought those stickers and it is our right to keep them on the watch if we so wish. We recognise that car dealers remove the protective film on cars before we take delivery, but we have paid for the stickers and we must retain the right to keep them on the watch. We appreciate that you are concerned we might then flip the watch for an immediate profit, but this is our right, you do not own us and cannot tell us what we can or can’t do with a watch once we have bought it from you. And talking of flipping watches for a profit, you must take some measures to stop people doing this.

One of the areas I don’t think you are acknowledging is that we are remaining loyal to you despite you launching watches that we don’t want! We told you that we wanted a Coke on a Jubilee, we couldn’t have been clearer about that, and yet you decided to launch a Pepsi on the Jubilee! How dare you! We recognise that you may have got confused because we complained previously that the Pepsi wasn’t available in Stainless Steel form, but you surely must have realised that we would change our mind about this complaint once you actually launched the Pepsi on Stainless Steel. And as for that Jubilee bracelet, well frankly we prefer the Oyster. And as for that Sea Dweller you launched in 2014, how could you think that launching that in 40mm was ever a good idea? We recognise that we are very much liking the 39mm Tudor, but please don’t be confused, when it comes to Rolex it needs to be big and have more presence, otherwise who is going to notice that we’re wearing a Rolex? And the Daytona Ceramic that you launched a couple of years ago, that was just pure laziness! All you did was change the bezel! We appreciate that it is hard to please everyone, but for goodness sake, all you need to do is make every watch in every size so that we can all have exactly what we want, it really isn’t that hard.

Our final complaint for today, is your pricing. We know that your watches are a lot cheaper than Audemars Piguet and Patek Philippe, and we know that far lesser watches such as Bremont now sell for similar money to Rolex sports watches, but we once again refer you to our earlier point that you are there to serve us, and not for your own commercial success. We demand a price reduction.

So to summarise, we don’t like your watches and need you to start giving us what we ask for. We need you to increase supply so that lists can be eradicated and so that we can all have whatever watch we want, whenever we want it. Furthermore, we need you to reduce prices so that it is affordable for all and also for you to make every watch in every size so that all of us are perfectly catered for. Please can you ensure that whilst doing this, you maintain the level of required quality and also ensure a level of exclusivity so that we can be differentiated in our social circles.

You need to raise your game Rolex, you are on thin ice.

Best regards.
Tonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 04:48 AM   #137
GradyPhilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by houls61 View Post
“Immediacy” is a human right? Apparently I missed that one in the Bill of Rights
He's British.

Old 25 March 2018, 05:00 AM   #138
artschool
"TRF" Member

what happens in Rolex read this and reduce production in a retaliatory measure?

I really don't think the OP has thought this through.

However I do agree that Rolex needs to recognise the basic human right of immediacy.
artschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 06:05 AM   #139
gsg
"TRF" Member

That was funny! obviously, some people here are lacking a sense of humor
gsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 06:09 AM   #140
indigo993
"TRF" Member

indigo993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 08:13 AM   #141
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monbk View Post
why do you speak in "we" form?

I don't agree at all.
1000% agree!!!!!
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 08:18 AM   #142
Aventura
"TRF" Member

I guess this letter is a joke is not it? If it is not the most absurd thing I read in my life.
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 08:21 AM   #143
GradyPhilpott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventura View Post
I guess this letter is a joke is not it? If it is not the most absurd thing I read in my life.
The letter is satire and a very good example, I might add.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/satire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

Old 25 March 2018, 08:49 AM   #144
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Dear Rolex,

What he said.

PS. When are you going to make clear case backs???
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 08:52 AM   #145
Steerpike999
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
First World problems!
Steerpike999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 08:58 AM   #146
DahMan
Banned

Yikes.....
DahMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 11:04 AM   #147
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
The letter is satire and a very good example, I might add.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/satire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

Very kind

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 03:00 PM   #148
mmmmp
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Wimbledon DJ41
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
I couldn't read through all that so Rolex probably won't.........
Me neither. The 'tone' is enough to put anyone off. And, I don't agree either.

M

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk
mmmmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 03:04 PM   #149
mmmmp
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Wimbledon DJ41
Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk
mmmmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2018, 03:11 PM   #150
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
WOW! Fantastic !
latecomer to this so I had the bonus enjoyment of reading comments by those that either completely failed to get it or, even funnier, were actually offended...

bravo Sir !
asiparks is offline   Reply With Quote