The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 June 2021, 07:23 AM   #121
ks58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
The youtube video looks awesome! Not a huge fan of the watch look, bracelet, or rivets, but the video is legit.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 08:16 AM   #122
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

The fact that Tudor is jumping on this Boutique-only train disgusts me.

Furthermore, the fact that they would do that when there are zero retail locations in the United States for this new watch disgusts me.

Compound disgust.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 08:17 AM   #123
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
LOL completely agree. looks like an old beat up cheap metal watch once hard patina kicks in. again, thats just my opinion.
Bronze doesn't belong on a bracelet.
Old 24 June 2021, 10:25 AM   #124
ks58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

Furthermore, the fact that they would do that when there are zero retail locations in the United States for this new watch disgusts me.

Compound disgust.

Haha agree. No chance in the US for a new release is super weird. And I'm surprised to see a bronze bracelet. I honestly have no idea how it'd age.
ks58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 10:35 AM   #125
jswing
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060/124270/BB54
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxv009 View Post
How??

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
1. Buy new clasp
2. Remove old clasp
3. Install new clasp

This of course assumes the two clasps will be compatible. I really hope they will be, I'd buy a clasp for both of my BB58s.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
jswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 12:17 PM   #126
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Bronze doesn't belong on a bracelet.

Totally agree- odd release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 12:44 PM   #127
SubGMTExplorer2Fan
"TRF" Member

I would buy the 925 silver Black Bay used anyday because I wear gold and silver jewelry. Tudor resale sucks.

That being said. Who's going to buy a solid bronze watch? The patina will fuse the bronze bezel and screwdown crown, and that new bronze bracelet is a joke. When it starts to patina it will start to sound like an old rusty gate. Why dd they waste their time putting a new bracelet extension on a bronze dive watch?

Would I buy one new? No. But, a micro brand already made a full bronze bracelet with stainless underlay for $200 so your arm doesn't turn green. What was Tudor thinking? There are videos about it on YouTube.
SubGMTExplorer2Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 12:56 PM   #128
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Interesting article on Aluminum Bronze. If this is the alloy that Tudor is using it could be appropriate for a dive watch. Apparently the "patina" is protective as well.

https://academy.ampcometal.com/alumi...l-in-sea-water
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2021, 01:26 PM   #129
SubGMTExplorer2Fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Compound disgust.
Bronze is hit or miss. It's a completely different looking metal on it's own. This new bronze Tudor is just a talking piece like the titanium Pelegos and 925 silver Black Bay.

As for the gold or bronze train. I bought the newest $20 Casio World Time that's gold or bronze looking. It's classic, modern, and sophisticated looking. I got it for work, casual, and dressing up for going out.

Pic from https://www.thetimebum.com/2021/02/c...00-part-1.html
Old 24 June 2021, 01:43 PM   #130
SubGMTExplorer2Fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csaltphoto View Post
Interesting article on Aluminum Bronze. If this is the alloy that Tudor is using it could be appropriate for a dive watch. Apparently the "patina" is protective as well.

https://academy.ampcometal.com/alumi...l-in-sea-water
Yeah, but it's a gimmick on a dive watch that is going to be 95% used as a desk diver. Imagine wearing nice clothes to go on a date, and you put your arm around your date and she says why does it snell like pennys or keys? I don't think I would be happy. The stainless steel Rolex Submariner fixed these problems along time ago.
Old 24 June 2021, 03:11 PM   #131
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubGMTExplorer2Fan View Post
Bronze is hit or miss. It's a completely different looking metal on it's own. This new bronze Tudor is just a talking piece like the titanium Pelegos and 925 silver Black Bay.
I love Bronze. I love my many Panerai Bronzos.

I just don't think it belongs on a bracelet.
Old 24 June 2021, 03:34 PM   #132
SubGMTExplorer2Fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I love Bronze. I love my many Panerai Bronzos.

I just don't think it belongs on a bracelet.
Actually, it's already been done. Zelos Swordfish for $200. Honestly you are right, but bronze shouldn't be worth thousands of dollars either. Bronze is the base metal in most fake jewelry.

https://youtu.be/OoHCcLXj0_U
Old 24 June 2021, 03:36 PM   #133
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Actually, it's already been done. Zelos Swordfish for $200. Honestly you are right, but bronze shouldn't be worth thousands of dollars either. Bronze is the base metal in most fake jewelry.
Indeed, Zelos did it. Oris also did it recently.

I agree with you.
Old 24 June 2021, 03:42 PM   #134
warren G.
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster 3861
Well.. the great news = the next generation BB58 will probably have that clasp now. Between GS and Tudor BB bracelet... they really kill me with the lack of micro adjustment.
Old 25 June 2021, 03:27 AM   #135
Endoscopist
"TRF" Member

Quote:

https://youtu.be/OoHCcLXj0_U
Totally agree - it is not a luxury metal. Zelos did it for sub $500 with a stainless bracelet underlay to decrease green wrist.
Endoscopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 04:59 AM   #136
Spectral_Method

I'm not a fan of this release. I dislike bronze watches and this just confirms that Tudor is a one watch brand (Black Bay).
Spectral_Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 05:55 AM   #137
nigelUK
"TRF" Member

Patina on Tudor bronze

I've had a few bronze watches and the levels of patina vary massively depending on the composition of the alloy.

See photo ; Both watches had time in sea water and pool before photos and also extensive wear.

The Oris uses CuSn6 bronze and the patina can be wild. It changed continually during 6 months of ownership.

The Tudor uses an Aluminium Bronze alloy which exhibited a very slow & gradual darkening. Did not exhibit any build up of corrosion or oxidation material that can clog bezel etc

I think the bracelet will be ok with this material.

I'm not planning on contacting a boutique for this one and if I picked one up down the line, I'd probably put it straight on a decent leather or rubber strap. Still think the Panda will be my Tudor pick up this year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bronze_joined.jpg (117.5 KB, 362 views)
Old 25 June 2021, 05:58 AM   #138
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelUK View Post
I've had a few bronze watches and the levels of patina vary massively depending on the composition of the alloy.

See photo ; Both watches had time in sea water and pool before photos and also extensive wear.

The Oris uses CuSn6 bronze and the patina can be wild. It changed continually during 6 months of ownership.

The Tudor uses an Aluminium Bronze alloy which exhibited a very slow & gradual darkening. Did not exhibit any build up of corrosion or oxidation material that can clog bezel etc

I'm not planning on contacting a boutique for this one and if I picked one up down the line, I'd probably put it straight on a decent leather or rubber strap. Still think the Panda will be my Tudor pick up this year
It comes with a second strap.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 05:58 AM   #139
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Lots if hate here. Not sure why. Seems absurd.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 25 June 2021, 06:08 AM   #140
nigelUK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
I think there's an element of jealousy & annoyance . .

Tudor is providing all the excitement and anticipation that we watch nerds love with releases and watches we can actually go into a shop and purchase.

And on the other hand Rolex produces some super minimal amendments once a year, on watches that you have no chance of purchasing.

Thinking the Rolex only boys are getting pissed
Old 25 June 2021, 06:16 AM   #141
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Tudor is providing all the excitement and anticipation that we watch nerds love with releases and watches we can actually go into a shop and purchase.

And on the other hand Rolex produces some super minimal amendments once a year, on watches that you have no chance of purchasing.

Tudor just came out with a metas movement and a glidelock clasp post Basel. Seems to me they are moving in the right direction. Most rolex do not have a glidelock system.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 25 June 2021, 06:47 AM   #142
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Liking the green strap on the Tudor
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 06:49 AM   #143
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Tudor "Boutique Edition"

Quote:

You’re not enjoying the expert valuation by the ROLEXROLEXROLEX tinted glasses wearing club? Such objective and factual statements from folks who have never held the watch in hand nor seen in person. They have to share their knowledge of watches too every once in a while in between market analysis and world economics you know.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 03:14 PM   #144
SubGMTExplorer2Fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's not really hate. A bronze watch is a completely different look. Would I get one? If the price is just right and I had other luxury watches already? Yes. Bronze Tudor watches are like undercover luxury watches.

I am trying to go back to work after 2 years of not working. I am not a business guy. I am a maintenance man and janitor. I think a Rolex would look ridiculous on me. But I think a Tudor Pelego, Tudor Black Bay, or an Omega are just perfect for me.
Old 27 June 2021, 10:36 PM   #145
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Not many incoming of these yet
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2021, 11:09 PM   #146
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Compound disgust.
AD games disgust me.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 27 June 2021, 11:10 PM   #147
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's not really hate. A bronze watch is a completely different look. Would I get one? If the price is just right and I had other luxury watches already? Yes. Bronze Tudor watches are like undercover luxury watches.

I am trying to go back to work after 2 years of not working. I am not a business guy. I am a maintenance man and janitor. I think a Rolex would look ridiculous on me. But I think a Tudor Pelego, Tudor Black Bay, or an Omega are just perfect for me.
So don't buy it?

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 27 June 2021, 11:13 PM   #148
yippie123
"TRF" Member

Quote:

If the secondary market is up and hot, ppl will say otherwise, be it rusted with foul smell
yippie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2021, 02:34 PM   #149
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Hi guys,

mind me asking a different question? What are your thoughts on the Tudor bronze boutique edition's second hand value and future predictions? Seen as this is only a boutique only watch (with strong emphasis on the asian market), this might or might not be a sought after watch on the US and EU market, hence the demand for it on the gray might be quite high?
I work in Asia, so I have plenty of access to the watch, and I like buying watches that retain or gain in value (not that I'd sell them, its psychological comfort and a habit). I like the watch despite the hate, and I'd consider buying it if it continues to do well on the second hand market.

REGARDS
philhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2021, 12:44 AM   #150
samson66
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhendrix View Post
Hi guys,

mind me asking a different question? What are your thoughts on the Tudor bronze boutique edition's second hand value and future predictions? Seen as this is only a boutique only watch (with strong emphasis on the asian market), this might or might not be a sought after watch on the US and EU market, hence the demand for it on the gray might be quite high?
I work in Asia, so I have plenty of access to the watch, and I like buying watches that retain or gain in value (not that I'd sell them, its psychological comfort and a habit). I like the watch despite the hate, and I'd consider buying it if it continues to do well on the second hand market.

REGARDS
Are you saying you are only interested in purchasing this watch if the value increases in the future? I have no idea but I would be surprised if it did. It's more of an interesting piece to wear than an investment. Not that expensive either. If you like it pick one up and wear it. I think it will be a neat watch to wear and see age over time.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boutique edition , tudor 2021