The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 December 2021, 10:44 AM   #121
sond86
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Plus from DSW the baguette one is off
The site too/sold
sond86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 12:31 PM   #122
sond86
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Now 84k!
sond86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 05:21 AM   #123
TIII
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV View Post
In my part of the world nowadays new one is 75k euro, where at the end of August was 50k.
50% price increase in 3 months is nuts.
Back in February when calling ADs some were willing to put an order for it.
While at the end of August it was not the case anymore.
I got mine at MSRP in September, so I am not bothered.

But such a huge jump in price based on some random rumors is bizarre.

Not really that bizarre taking in account that watch prices have been manipulated by the greys themselves…marking a watch sold then magically reappearing a couple of weeks later at another price mark up. It was supply and demand that was driving the market in the beginning, but now a days many Greys will flip the watches back to themselves for more money and to drive a perceived FOMO. These chat rooms have become filled with sales pitches of what people should buy from the greys and/or people that benefit to selling to the greys. The forum is no longer a place for the hobby but a commodity research platform.
TIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 11:45 AM   #124
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 02:46 AM   #125
jamesbond25
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk
All I can say is I have one and I’m not willing to sell it at current premium… so yes, it’s worth the price if you like it enough.
jamesbond25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 04:02 AM   #126
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

I sold/traded mine + a bunch of other hyped Rolexes . Was hardly wearing it and had the chance to get a Patek (no, not a naut) i always wanted so i took advantage. Bought it before the hype, got it from a grey below retail. 100%+ return. Crazy times, but i take it:)
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:05 AM   #127
al7391z
"TRF" Member

No but I wouldn’t buy anything from a grey. That’s just me.
al7391z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 06:53 AM   #128
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantpact View Post
I don’t think if I will ever go gray on any watch, but If you desire it much enough to pay the premium price then it is fine as much as you are comfortable with the payment.
The mistake is to think the grey price is the premium price. The grey price is the market price

The AD price is the discounted price, reserved for those who have bought tonnes of stuff and raked enough favour with the AD. In the old days they had to give you a 20% discount for you to do them a favour and buy a DD and give the AD some cashflow. The grey down the road had the same watch for 40% off MSRP. The holier than thou attitude of people on these boards about not buying grey out of some kind of principal is BS, they would not have bought from the AD back in the day: they’re looking for a bargain and they’re not that fussed as long as what they get holds maximum value. Fair enough but they’re never honest about it

The same people who won’t buy at market prices now (grey) are the same back then who wouldn’t have bought at MSRP either, as they could get it 20% cheaper grey. However unfortunately those people now days have no chance of getting them at MSRP either, you’ll find they don’t have much of a collection if not no Rolex at all but post all day about how the world is against them because they can’t get a sub at retail, spouting all sorts of conspiracies

The market is the market, supply and demand, get over it.
VacherObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 08:48 AM   #129
bob sims
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacherObsessive View Post
The holier than thou attitude of people on these boards about not buying grey out of some kind of principal is BS, they would not have bought from the AD back in the day: they’re looking for a bargain and they’re not that fussed as long as what they get holds maximum value. Fair enough but they’re never honest about it

The same people who won’t buy at market prices now (grey) are the same back then who wouldn’t have bought at MSRP either, as they could get it 20% cheaper grey. However unfortunately those people now days have no chance of getting them at MSRP either, you’ll find they don’t have much of a collection if not no Rolex at all but post all day about how the world is against them because they can’t get a sub at retail, spouting all sorts of conspiracies
This post should be turned into a sticky.
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 03:55 PM   #130
waterking
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster II
Quote:
The mistake is to think the grey price is the premium price. The grey price is the market price

The AD price is the discounted price, reserved for those who have bought tonnes of stuff and raked enough favour with the AD. In the old days they had to give you a 20% discount for you to do them a favour and buy a DD and give the AD some cashflow. The grey down the road had the same watch for 40% off MSRP. The holier than thou attitude of people on these boards about not buying grey out of some kind of principal is BS, they would not have bought from the AD back in the day: they’re looking for a bargain and they’re not that fussed as long as what they get holds maximum value. Fair enough but they’re never honest about it

Well said and totally correct.
waterking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 04:23 PM   #131
russ86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Get your name on the list and just wait. it will come be patience
Rome wasn't built in a day
Wow did you even read the question the guy asked? He is afraid the watch will be discontinued and then what genius? You are so smart, put your name and wait, no one thought about doing that probably wow.

For example, my first cousin, for exactly same watch, didnt buy the watch at 50 something, then dint buy it at 63k, then he waited a bit more thought prices will go down, he pulled a trigger before Christmas bought the watch for 71k because he was also scared they will get discontinued and the watch will be close to a 100k at that point.

Last edited by russ86; 15 January 2022 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: Grammatical change
russ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 04:49 PM   #132
Andad
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Not for any watch.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 11:35 PM   #133
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:

Savage, but true.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2022, 03:19 PM   #134
Jaypremium
"TRF" Member

Hey fellas how we looking $$$$$$$$$ we on the moon yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jaypremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2022, 09:29 PM   #135
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypremium View Post

Hey fellas how we looking $$$$$$$$$ we on the moon yet ?

This fit HITS
Old 16 January 2022, 09:51 PM   #136
Ronco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
They will not do this.
They may, I asked recently for a dial change in London RSC and was told to wait for 5 year service. Then it would be possible.

Saying this, I have seen and tried one and although it's very nice, it's not any different from any other daydate
The prospect of making money from flipping is the main reason people are raving about this model.
Ronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2022, 12:45 AM   #137
tacotaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 Black, DD40
Never for a daydate
tacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2022, 01:06 AM   #138
johnwigan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedpete View Post
Hey guys-

Looking for some feedback. Am I out of my mind to be considering paying grey for the RG Olive day day 40?

I am afraid if they discontinue it’ll be permanently inaccessible.

Would love some feedback to either send me over or walk me down from this cliff.

Thank you all!!

Yes, you are out of your mind. The flipper gets your money and your purchase history. And you would be buying at the top of the bubble. But if you are impatient and don't mind losing money carry on.
johnwigan is offline   Reply With Quote