The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 February 2022, 04:42 PM   #121
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Peter, incredible story, thanks for sharing that. Much respect here for both your dad and you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Because he wanted to own a mechanical watch that would last a lifetime and beyond and now his 6263 watch belongs to me. And would not sell it at any price as it reminds of my Father and how his life was cut short at just 55.Mostly by being attacked by a German battle ship and reported missing in action in world war 11. His aircraft carrier was sunk and only around 32 out of a crew of around 1200 survived, he was in the very cold water for around 32 hours before being picked up by a Norwegian fishing boat. Plus his many years underground as a coal miner from a 14 year old boy, IMHO had a large part in his very short life. Although at the time of WW11 he as a coal miner was in a reserved occupation he lied about his age although only 17, he said he was 18 and went to war to fight for his country.
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2022, 12:38 PM   #122
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialguy48 View Post
You consistently post about your distaste for what this forum has become yet you ironically never actually post any threads or comments of value.
Wow look at you banned after 25 posts ... What does that say ...
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2022, 12:41 PM   #123
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
If you look back in the forum archives on threads on the Hulk, you will find the two watches at odds were the LVc and the newly released BLNR. At that time it was all about which do you like more and the new BLNR was clearly the favorite with is shiny new two color ceramic bezel. At the time, the Submariner line was more popular than the GMT line and the comparisons brought the green Sub attention to more people. Both watches were similarly priced and accessible. In a way the BLNR made the LVc/Hulk popular with this comparison.
I agree Mystro I traded my BLNR for the LVc real close in trade value at 8 Grand..
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2022, 11:01 AM   #124
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquarter View Post
Why does every bit of hype have to blamed on Asia? The US is the largest market for Swiss watches in the world.

It’s just generic fomo hype begetting more fomo hype. Across every market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquarter View Post
Why does every bit of hype have to blamed on Asia? The US is the largest market for Swiss watches in the world.

It’s just generic fomo hype begetting more fomo hype. Across every market.

Please read the last part of my post before coming to the conclusion that Everyone blame Asian market for the all of Rolex scarcity. I am referring to the Hulk scarcity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2022, 05:57 PM   #125
mquarter
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5-digit steel
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlx123 View Post
Please read the last part of my post before coming to the conclusion that Everyone blame Asian market for the all of Rolex scarcity. I am referring to the Hulk scarcity.
The general statement applies to the specific. You're reaching.
mquarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2022, 09:31 PM   #126
rlx123
"TRF" Member

What does “contributing factor” mean to you? To me it means it is part of the problem, not the main cause of the problem. I am not reaching just merely stating a contributing factor to the scarcity of the Hulk. Just because you are sensitive about the mention of the word “Asian” does not negate the fact that Asians have an affinity for Rolex and that mainland Chinese are buying these watches in large numbers. Don’t turn this into a racial discussion! It is not a racial discussion. I just think that my theory is a fresh look into this first world problem that we have other than the run of the mill — social media posts/flexing.
rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2022, 07:56 AM   #127
VincentM
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116518-LV-CHNR-DJ-
Tapatalk … test

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
VincentM is offline   Reply With Quote