The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 January 2024, 04:16 AM   #121
Csugden
"TRF" Member

Interesting- I wasn’t aware of that.

The new cards take you to the Rolex website and actually does provide some information re the service. The make and serial number of your watch is there as well as the date or service and warranty period etc. re the service it just states “complete overhaul”
Csugden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 05:19 AM   #122
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
No polish. I wear my watches gently, I can live with the microscratches. I don't like the look of a polished watch around the edges. The spanking new look of a refinished watch won't last long anyway, the rounded edges on the other hand are permanent.
alphadweller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 08:30 AM   #123
ewhite
"TRF" Member

There’s a guy on Instagram (Watchesspa) that can recreate factory finish like I’ve never seen anywhere else. Haven’t worked with him but already decided if I ever do polish a piece he’ll be the first person I contact.
ewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 09:03 AM   #124
scotttampa
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, OM, GO
Polish

Why not, be happy.
scotttampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 02:17 PM   #125
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csugden View Post
They were all sent in via my local Rolex AD. I was told it’s not possible for them to tell me if the went to RSC or were done locally by the “Rolex certified” watch maker.

I think the mistake I made was being lulled into a false sense of security by the amazing results I had seen from RSC refinishes and failed to consider that the local watchmaker might approach things differently.

From now on I plan to drop my watches in myself to RSC if I decide to go for a refinish.
Not possible? This is some made-up BS policy by this particular AD. I would not do business with an AD who couldn't tell me who was working on my watch.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 04:41 PM   #126
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
Kinda wish you could brush not polish. The polished surfaces on my watch look fine (sure tons of swirls and micro scratches but basically shiny) but the brushed finishes have a lot of sleeve polish.
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 04:47 PM   #127
Csugden
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
Not possible? This is some made-up BS policy by this particular AD. I would not do business with an AD who couldn't tell me who was working on my watch.
Yes not acceptable I totally agree. Lesson learned.
Csugden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 04:09 PM   #128
lamadoo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Today there is a anti-polish syndrome god knows why as for polish thats up to the owner but below a picture of my own personal working tool watch 16600 SD,it was used and many times abused for many years underwater as a real working tool, with well over 600 hours underwater. Plus its been serviced and polished every time by now 4 different RSC world wide,picture taken in Singapore after last service.Expect this working tool watch has seen more use that todays mainly pampered watches will see in ten lifetimes and now almost 23 years old. As long as any Rolex watches are only polished at normal routine RSC service now average 5-10 years depending on use, should have no problem for 40 plus years of wearing.

That SD looks IMMACULATE. Looks like its been kept in a safe for 20 years. Sorry for bumping a 2 month old thread but wowzors!
lamadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 07:47 PM   #129
DudeLove
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710&16570
For me it would depend on the watch. If I had a six digit sub, gmt or explorer 2 for example I would get it polished. Five digit examples I wouldn’t get polished. A dress watch like a datejust I would want to keep it looking shiny regardless of age.
DudeLove is offline   Reply With Quote