The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 11 July 2021, 02:33 PM   #1501
ZeitMaschine
"TRF" Member

Pics of silver dial

Would anyone with a silver dial mind posting a few photos of theirs? I found one of these available new at MSRP. Extra thanks if a couple of bands and small wrist (I’m ~6.5 inch wrist and worry it may be too big). I’m considering one of these as 10 anniv gift from wife but it’s not practical to find one to try on. Do they wear as big as a submariner? (I have always thought the sub was a little big on me but still love it…the 36 mm Datejust has always seemed like a better fit).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2067.jpeg (45.4 KB, 710 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2068.jpeg (50.8 KB, 707 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_2069.jpeg (51.2 KB, 715 views)
ZeitMaschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 03:28 PM   #1502
Proof Morgan
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC Overseas 7900V
Wear on wrist feels very similar for both. My Sub is the 41mm same as the VC. The VC Dual time is about a 1mm thicker. Thats about it. My wrist is 6.75

Proof Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 03:48 PM   #1503
ZeitMaschine
"TRF" Member

Icon14 Thanks :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Morgan View Post
Wear on wrist feels very similar for both. My Sub is the 41mm same as the VC. The VC Dual time is about a 1mm thicker. Thats about it. My wrist is 6.75
Super-helpful, thanks especially for the comparison pics! I think the silver face VC will be a good choice for me.
Old 11 July 2021, 04:13 PM   #1504
awbcollier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeitMaschine View Post
Super-helpful, thanks especially for the comparison pics! I think the silver face VC will be a good choice for me.

I also have it with the blue leather, burgundy leather and blue rubber. I just don’t have photos.

I am going to my VC boutique in a week to get a dark brown strap and see if they can do a blue/red rally style strap. I honestly believe the silver face is more versatile with strap combos than either blue or black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awbcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 04:26 PM   #1505
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I'm not close to any boutique. Is there a direct way to order a different color rubber strap for my black 4500V?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 04:27 PM   #1506
awbcollier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
I'm not close to any boutique. Is there a direct way to order a different color rubber strap for my black 4500V?

Yea. You can just call the boutique and they can order in and mail to you. That’s how I got my other straps.

Old 11 July 2021, 04:40 PM   #1507
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Quote:
Originally Posted by awbcollier View Post
Yea. You can just call the boutique and they can order in and mail to you. That’s how I got my other straps.

Oh OK easy peasy. I'll give a call. Thanks.

Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 09:11 PM   #1508
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Quote:
Would anyone with a silver dial mind posting a few photos of theirs? I found one of these available new at MSRP. Extra thanks if a couple of bands and small wrist (I’m ~6.5 inch wrist and worry it may be too big). I’m considering one of these as 10 anniv gift from wife but it’s not practical to find one to try on. Do they wear as big as a submariner? (I have always thought the sub was a little big on me but still love it…the 36 mm Datejust has always seemed like a better fit).

I have both the sub and the dual time in silver.
Honestly, the dual time wears a bit bigger than the sub. Having said that, the sub you have is just fine for your wrist. It doesn’t look too big at all. You will be fine with the VC. It is really a great watch, you’ll love it.

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 10:07 PM   #1509
JC180
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, BLRO, LV, SD
Have both the silver 4500V and the blue 7900V and the 4500V wears bigger than the dual time due to its silver dial v darker blue dial.

For reference.

JC180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 10:19 PM   #1510
JC180
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, BLRO, LV, SD
Poor illustration above. Maybe this shows it better

JC180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 02:07 AM   #1511
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Official vacheron overseas thread!!

I’d say it wears similar to a DJ41. Not a small watch but one most can wear if that makes sense.

7” wrist

Old 12 July 2021, 02:24 AM   #1512
snowvapor
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610lv
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it, I currently wear a 49150 on my 6 1/4 inch wrist and it looks and feels great. The lugs flares down and wraps around your wrist quite comfortably. See for yourself:)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
snowvapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 05:16 AM   #1513
ZeitMaschine
"TRF" Member

This has been really helpful, I appreciate your posts and all of the photos. It's a great-looking watch with the silver dial!! While not a small watch, this helps reassure me it'd be fine on my wrist.
Old 12 July 2021, 08:01 AM   #1514
Grayblack
"TRF" Member

For reference I have 6.75" wrists.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2155.jpg (116.4 KB, 669 views)
Grayblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 08:10 PM   #1515
Northlove
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many

They wear almost the same imo. I wouldn’t worry about it:)

Northlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 07:55 AM   #1516
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northlove View Post

They wear almost the same imo. I wouldn’t worry about it:)

Amazing pair!!

usmc_k9_vet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 09:16 AM   #1517
1sttimerolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have 6.75" wrist and have both the overseas and the 41mm sub. They both wear very similarly (vco is heavier and feels more solid) and are both very comfortable (for me at least). Also, I guess I got used to the sub and vco because I tried on a few 35mm djs and they felt so small and light, like kiddie watches
1sttimerolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 03:15 AM   #1518
Mokhoori
"TRF" Member

Hello, Ive been looking for a 4500v chocolate dial for months non stop and couldnt find one. If anyone has one please let me know. Im still not used to tapatalk so feel free to whatsapp me: +971558666686

Mokhoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 03:59 AM   #1519
solaire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokhoori View Post
Hello, Ive been looking for a 4500v chocolate dial for months non stop and couldnt find one. If anyone has one please let me know. Im still not used to tapatalk so feel free to whatsapp me: +971558666686

It’s discontinued. I doubt any collector will be selling.

Think of it like a unicorn with a price tag of $37k+ based on a recent sale .

solaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 02:13 PM   #1520
ZeitMaschine
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I also have it with the blue leather, burgundy leather and blue rubber. I just don’t have photos.

I am going to my VC boutique in a week to get a dark brown strap and see if they can do a blue/red rally style strap. I honestly believe the silver face is more versatile with strap combos than either blue or black.

Thanks again for the photos!

I bought it yesterday from the VC e-Boutique. The watch will get here next week. Can't wait!

I can see your point about versatility of the silver face. The light brown/beige leather strap looks great with the silver dial watch so that'll be on my list also. If you have a chance to post yours with any of the other colors you have, please do!

Are the bracelet links removable with a tiny screwdriver or is there some special tool it needs that only a VC boutique has?
Old 14 July 2021, 10:03 PM   #1521
Secretariat
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I may be one of the few but I think, I like the Silver dial as much as the Blue. Anyway, if I may ask, what is the size of your wrist? Reason for me asking is because I am thinking of getting the same VC Self Winding watch and I would just like to be sure that it wouldn't be too big for my wrist.
Thanks.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 10:04 PM   #1522
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I bought it yesterday from the VC e-Boutique. The watch will get here next week. Can't wait!
Congrats. Could you let me know where you bought it online? I can't find anything about a VC e boutique. I live 400 miles from a VC AD, would love to be able to buy new online.
HHIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 12:05 AM   #1523
awbcollier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks again for the photos!

I can see your point about versatility of the silver face. The light brown/beige leather strap looks great with the silver dial watch so that'll be on my list also. If you have a chance to post yours with any of the other colors you have, please do!

Are the bracelet links removable with a tiny screwdriver or is there some special tool it needs that only a VC boutique has?

I’ll take photos tonight of the blue straps which I think look awesome. The maroon I left up at the in-laws so will be a while till I get up there. However going to the VC boutique Monday and they sometimes have different colours in stock so will take some photos there if they do.

Old 15 July 2021, 12:12 AM   #1524
awbcollier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
I may be one of the few but I think, I like the Silver dial as much as the Blue. Anyway, if I may ask, what is the size of your wrist? Reason for me asking is because I am thinking of getting the same VC Self Winding watch and I would just like to be sure that it wouldn't be too big for my wrist.
Thanks.

I have a 7 inch wrist. The watch fits perfectly. I initially thought I would want the ultra thin - but I actually like the height of the watch. It’s not too big but it’s ‘there’ if that makes sense.

Overall I couldn’t have got a better fitting watch. I got into the overseas from the JLC Polaris mariner in blue. So I initially wanted the blue face overseas - but for me this is a long term grail watch that won’t be swapped. I am not a collector and don’t have 5 other watches … I actually never had a watch worth more the £400 before this. So was looking for longevity and versatility. That moved me onto the silver - and now I have it I prefer it to the blue (even though I recognise that the blue is an awesome watch - and probably the best blue faced watch out there).

Duo time had more going on than I needed l, but would have probably got that in black if I did as I think the contrasting face works better.

Either way - this is an awesome watch and if you’re in the market … worth it!

Old 15 July 2021, 12:23 AM   #1525
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIslander View Post
Congrats. Could you let me know where you bought it online? I can't find anything about a VC e boutique. I live 400 miles from a VC AD, would love to be able to buy new online.

You have to call them to order.
Old 15 July 2021, 12:25 AM   #1526
Secretariat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspapi View Post
I've been looking at VC for quite some time and yesteday when I visited their boutique I got the opportunity to try both the Silver dial and Black dial Overseas!

In my books the silver is the winner BUT my friends are all saying I should pick up the black one. I'm torn!
I preffer theSilver.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 12:45 AM   #1527
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
You have to call them to order.
Thanks! I found it somewhat hidden on their website. I guess they don't want to advertise it too much.
HHIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2021, 01:22 AM   #1528
ZeitMaschine
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIslander View Post
Thanks. I’m also far from any brick and mortar Boutique and will share a few details about the e version. I didn’t realize there was one but they called me after I had emailed them with some questions about the fiftysix. When I asked about the Overseas they seemed to be able to see all of the boutique inventory. There were none in stock anywhere except they did have the one silver dial available to the e-Boutique, which he seemed surprised to see fwiw.

I had questions about the dial color and size and he asked what other watches I had. He had access to the Rolex models I owned and was able to describe how the silver dial compared to the white dials on my models of Datejust and Cellini.

He quoted 6-8 months wait for a chronometer or blue dial which were the other things I asked about.
Old 15 July 2021, 01:23 AM   #1529
ZeitMaschine
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’ll take photos tonight of the blue straps which I think look awesome. The maroon I left up at the in-laws so will be a while till I get up there. However going to the VC boutique Monday and they sometimes have different colours in stock so will take some photos there if they do.
Thanks!!
Old 15 July 2021, 01:55 AM   #1530
Northlove
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many

Northlove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin