The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 17 August 2021, 04:32 AM   #1741
ap1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumdna View Post
Whoa
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2021, 05:18 AM   #1742
1sttimerolex
"TRF" Member

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen that ref with that dial. Beautiful!
1sttimerolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2021, 12:14 PM   #1743
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSA View Post
I have the same question and also if anybody has had success securing allocation for the skeleton version of the Overseas Perpetual. It is a boutique only piece so cannot get via my local AD that I have a long-term relationship with and seems like this watch is an application only piece...
I was able to order one. I’ll post when it arrives
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2021, 03:28 PM   #1744
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaire View Post
The Gen 2 Chrono looks better than the Gen 3.

Within the Gen 3 range the Panda is the best looking one. The date location is not ideal on the current generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its all a matter of taste of course, but my taste agrees with you. Of the gen3 for me only the reverse panda beats the gen2s that why I ordered it. But looking at pricing the Gen3 blue dial is the most popular so overall people do not agree with us..

In fact the reverse panda seems still possible to pick up below sticker on Chrono24, which is out of the question for most other OS models.
RobHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 10:30 AM   #1745
itspapi
"TRF" Member

Love all the pics with rubber straps... goddamn, the overseas is a sexy piece.
itspapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2021, 08:09 AM   #1746
mockingboy
"TRF" Member

Stopped by the boutique in NYC today to have a bracelet sized and put down a deposit on something special and was able to try this on…wow photos don’t do it justice including how light and thin and how it hugs the wrist…great stuff from VC
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 63DC4EB6-B7C5-4CE7-9502-E152887EA411.jpeg (92.3 KB, 893 views)
mockingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2021, 05:46 AM   #1747
Mokhoori
"TRF" Member

apparently the dual time blue dial has been updated into a more vibrant sunburst blue rather than the deep lacquered blue.

The watch on the right is the updated one. Please correct me if Im wrong. My information is based on a post from a vacheron constantin collector.

Mokhoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2021, 08:59 PM   #1748
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Im guessing its just different light on the two watches (spotlight on the one to the right), the blue dial shifts a lot in different light. Checked out the video on the insta account, seems a bit strange though that color difference is so big..
Old 22 August 2021, 11:47 PM   #1749
gops
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokhoori View Post
apparently the dual time blue dial has been updated into a more vibrant sunburst blue rather than the deep lacquered blue.

The watch on the right is the updated one. Please correct me if Im wrong. My information is based on a post from a vacheron constantin collector.

This is the same debate in FB VC group about 4500v having 2 different versions. I personally think there are 2 versions, it's just that it's harder to differentiate the sunburst vs lacquered in blue dial since it's too vibrant and dynamic. It's easier to see the difference in black dual time, one deep black and the other sunburst....So it's possible this is the case for blue DT as well. I have yet to see a black sunburst 4500v or chrono, but this maybe a sign that they maybe heading that direction with black dials. Just like Rolex, only VC knows.....
gops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2021, 12:26 AM   #1750
RobHK
"TRF" Member

But wait in a minute now, VC never acknowledged two versions. People who pre-order watches have to know what dial they get? This is crazy if there were two different blue and as you say even two blacks..
Old 23 August 2021, 01:21 AM   #1751
gops
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHK View Post
But wait in a minute now, VC never acknowledged two versions. People who pre-order watches have to know what dial they get? This is crazy if there were two different blue and as you say even two blacks..
Yes, VC never acknowledged 2 versions...although some 4500v owners swear theirs do not have sunburst. But apparently, VC described blue as sunburst from the get go. So really confusing with blue....but with black, it is definite that DT is sunburst...even on their website, black DT is sunburst while 4500v and chrono are lacquered deep black.

I always thought that black DT always came with sunburst since it's the newest release, but again apparently, some received lacquered black with DT which makes things confusing. I personally haven't seen a black lacquered DT (closest I can see is an article from monochrome watches) so the only definite is the sunburst one.
gops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2021, 02:00 AM   #1752
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops View Post
black DT is sunburst while 4500v and chrono are lacquered deep black.
Interesting I never considered this properly, I only saw the 7900v in black once, I tried it on briefly and I didn't really like the dial that much. I never contemplated that it could have been because its different than the 4500v black..
Old 23 August 2021, 05:30 AM   #1753
raclaims
"TRF" Member

The chrono is most def a darker blue
In order to make the sub dials more legible

That said the chrono is gorgeous. Just a bit diff from the 4500
Old 23 August 2021, 01:11 PM   #1754
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Needed a bit of help from the latest gen Overseas owners whether you have 3 hand, DT, or Chrono. Contemplating a purchase from a grey and wanted to validate how many links came with your piece from your AD / Boutique. IE 17 full links and 1 half link.

Thanks in advance.

PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2021, 01:16 PM   #1755
bmac89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Zenith Defy Xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
The chrono is most def a darker blue
In order to make the sub dials more legible

That said the chrono is gorgeous. Just a bit diff from the 4500
The new chronos and even the tourbillon have the new sunburst blue as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_12391 - Copy.jpg (273.0 KB, 692 views)
bmac89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2021, 03:07 PM   #1756
RobHK
"TRF" Member

I wonder what people that pre-ordered blue dials feel when they get a sunburst dial?

I for one would be very upset if my black Chrono which is to be delivered by end of this year came with a sunburst effect, that's not what I pre-paid for. For the blue Chrono though I actually think it looks better! I tried the blue before ordering the black and I didnt like how the background blue interacted with the dials, in your picture above it does look better!
Old 23 August 2021, 04:01 PM   #1757
bmac89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Zenith Defy Xtreme
Quote:
I wonder what people that pre-ordered blue dials feel when they get a sunburst dial?

I for one would be very upset if my black Chrono which is to be delivered by end of this year came with a sunburst effect, that's not what I pre-paid for. For the blue Chrono though I actually think it looks better! I tried the blue before ordering the black and I didnt like how the background blue interacted with the dials, in your picture above it does look better!
I agree, without any stainless steel models in boutiques to even show to customers, there's going to be lots of "surprises" when those customers receives the notice to go pick up their long awaited watch. Who knows which dial version they saw online right

I personally prefer the sunburst on the chrono as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9131 - Copy.jpg (210.2 KB, 572 views)
bmac89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2021, 08:57 PM   #1758
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
Quote:

Fascinating stuff. I too have a chrono on order. Mine is blue. The watch I was shown in the boutique was definitely not a sunburst dial. I would have noticed if it was. It was a deep lacquered looking dial. Actually, I will post a pic, what do you all think? Am I right?

If a sunburst dial turns up, I think I’m going to be disappointed. I’m not sure what I will do if that happens.

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2021, 10:33 PM   #1759
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

I don't think this is anything to blow out of proportion. Here is a picture of a 7900 blue posted for sale by Takuya in direct light (you can see some sunbursting)

Here is the same watch in non-direct light - looks completely silky blue.

These blue dial VCs completely change depending on the lighting and that is one thing that makes them special. While I have not studied many pictures of these watches, if it is true, than I think it is just one more layer of added depth.
sgrossma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2021, 10:38 PM   #1760
awbcollier
"TRF" Member

Just been in the London boutique to order another strap for my 4500V. Confirmed no overseas in stock (except for one small ladies in gold), 9 month minimum to 24 month wait list at the minute. 16 weeks just for a watch strap as apparently it’s so popular now the manufacturer of the strap clasp system is behind.

Seems to be very popular! They also confirmed there aren’t different shades of either blue or black. Or one sunburst and one lacquered. As said previously - the depth of the watch face is it transforms in different lights.

awbcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 12:13 AM   #1761
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by awbcollier View Post
Just been in the London boutique to order another strap for my 4500V. Confirmed no overseas in stock (except for one small ladies in gold), 9 month minimum to 24 month wait list at the minute. 16 weeks just for a watch strap as apparently it’s so popular now the manufacturer of the strap clasp system is behind.

Seems to be very popular! They also confirmed there aren’t different shades of either blue or black. Or one sunburst and one lacquered. As said previously - the depth of the watch face is it transforms in different lights.

The boutique in Singapore told me the same. I think for those that can't get a RO and Nautilus ( or have given up ), are now rushing for the Overseas as the next best thing. I was able to buy my Dual Time black 6 months ago ex-stock. Now the same watch is on a 12 to 18 month waitlist. For blue models, they have stop taking orders entirely.
Old 24 August 2021, 12:31 AM   #1762
bravodeltawhiskey
"TRF" Member

I have the black 4500 and it has a deep lacquered finish. I've definitely seen images of the black DT which look much more sunburst like. The only color variation on my dial occurs under certain lighting and turns the minute track gray.

As far as blue, I looked at a blue DT in the NYC boutique last Jan and felt it wasn't very vibrant but the lighting in the old store wasn't optimal which may have altered my perception of the dynamic nature of that lovely blue dial.

They are all quite stunning!
bravodeltawhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 01:47 AM   #1763
solaire
"TRF" Member

Maybe I'm being picky with the new to brand followers (FB, Insta etc)

Comments about people being upset about the dial being different are getting to be beyond annoying.

For example

The black 4500 & 7900 launched in different years....

The launch 4500 blue photos had sunburst... They also show non sunburst....

All DT'S look different due to dial layout.. The only time I've ever seen them look identical was with Then Gen 2s

The Overseas 4500v also have 5100 & 5100/1 calibres... How many people have missed this but will now complain?

The main and imo only thing people should debate on the blue is does it have the passport or not? VC collectors will understand this point!

solaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 02:11 AM   #1764
Mokhoori
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Maybe I'm being picky with the new to brand followers (FB, Insta etc)

Comments about people being upset about the dial being different are getting to be beyond annoying.

For example

The black 4500 & 7900 launched in different years....

The launch 4500 blue photos had sunburst... They also show non sunburst....

All DT'S look different due to dial layout.. The only time I've ever seen them look identical was with Then Gen 2s

The Overseas 4500v also have 5100 & 5100/1 calibres... How many people have missed this but will now complain?

The main and imo only thing people should debate on the blue is does it have the passport or not? VC collectors will understand this point!

No more passports for the new watches.

And the blue does not have more than 1 version, The boutique manager just confirmed.

Mokhoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 02:26 AM   #1765
raclaims
"TRF" Member

When my buddy picked up his chrono recently boutique confirmed it's a darker shade of blue than the 3 hander...but who cares...they are all so nice
Old 24 August 2021, 02:29 AM   #1766
solaire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokhoori View Post
No more passports for the new watches.

And the blue does not have more than 1 version, The boutique manager just confirmed.

Yes I know.

What I meant was that along with the two calibre's are only differences that VC have confirmed.

The passport 4500v for collectors is more desirable than the new ones without.

solaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 07:41 AM   #1767
IGotId
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes I know.

What I meant was that along with the two calibre's are only differences that VC have confirmed.

The passport 4500v for collectors is more desirable than the new ones without.

What is this so-called passport?
IGotId is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 09:38 AM   #1768
ayonae
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many...
These are my 2 VC overseas :) love them both! Dial on rose gold is definitely more of a sunburst blue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6ED8B5AE-9284-4733-ADE8-0E1CEA27ACFE.jpeg (94.0 KB, 633 views)
ayonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 11:36 AM   #1769
RobHK
"TRF" Member

Proper mystery this, VC confirms only 1 version of blue dial. But real world side-by-sides suggests there is at least a difference in how strong the sunburst effect is in each watch. Perhaps there is some variation in the production process on how the blue sunburst effect turns out? In some way that would be pretty cool, each watch somewhat unique..
Old 24 August 2021, 03:48 PM   #1770
Bloomberg
"TRF" Member

I saw the 4500v of my friend (bought 1 months before me) and I was very confused. The sunburst was quite low. I changed my position, went to the window, opened the lamp, impossible to that sunburst effect...
Bloomberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin