The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: Pick One to Own
116500LN (White) 294 48.68%
126500LN (White) 310 51.32%
Voters: 604. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 June 2024, 07:20 PM   #151
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by karleone View Post
We could debate over 10 more pages on which one is better, looks better ... Let’s agree to disagree!

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 07:28 PM   #152
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
So many assumptions in your post here.

Is it so hard for you (a 116 owner) to accept that many people may actually prefer the aesthetics of the new one? I do. By some margin.

The question was : "you can only pick one, which do you take?"

Availability is irrelevant in that question. Are you perhaps seeking to promote an answer to a question that was not actually asked, simply to support your ownership position?

Its all personal preference. There is no right or wrong answer. If you prefer yours, that's all that matters. There's no need to try and discredit the results just because they don't fit your narrative.

As it stands, the poll is pretty much 50:50.

Maybe that's because opinion is just split in that ratio
I don't think like this, and never thought to do so. I just voted on my preference between the 116500 white and 126500 white, and stated that if Rolex released a better model than the 116500 white I would go for it. I actually don't care which model wins it's all for fun.

My post was a reply to a post by Karleone who used the same logic as I stated before but in a way that suited his preference of the new 126500. What you are criticizing above is Karleone logic, maybe to be fair you should reply to his logic too.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 07:58 PM   #153
bp1000
"TRF" Member

There are several ways you can look at this poll and its results

The new one is
Indistinguishable from the older one generally
Looks pretty much the same
The changes don’t bother people
Doesn’t matter which one you have
Whatever you personal opinion the new one will sell just as well
Rolex didn’t actually do much to move this line forward
It’s just a steel Daytona, just like the one before
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 08:42 PM   #154
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So many assumptions in your post here.

Is it so hard for you (a 116 owner) to accept that many people may actually prefer the aesthetics of the new one? I do. By some margin.

Availability is irrelevant in that question. Are you perhaps seeking to promote an answer to a question that was not actually asked, simply to support your ownership position?

Its all personal preference. There is no right or wrong answer. If you prefer yours, that's all that matters. There's no need to try and discredit the results just because they don't fit your narrative.

As it stands, the poll is pretty much 50:50.

Maybe that's because opinion is just split in that ratio
Very well said!
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 08:42 PM   #155
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks buddy!
Old 30 June 2024, 08:49 PM   #156
BraveBold
"TRF" Member

They are both nice looking watches that are likely comfortable to wear. For me, the 116 in white or black is nicer because of the more balanced look. The outer stainless ring isn’t an improvement and neither are the subdials. The overall aesthetic of the 126 is a bit “chunkier” - and some see that as an improvement (but not me). That is it in terms of aesthetic preference.

Overall desire to own for many is likely also driven by how “important” each release is… and in that regard it is very clear that the 126 is, overall, a less “impactful” release. That is objectively the case as the aesthetic change vs prior is far less going from 116500 to 126500 than what the 116 represented. The 116 had more meaningful “firsts” and also will likely represent a far shorter and lower volume production run. Its volumes being significantly impacted by covid in 2020 and associated shut-downs and supply chain issues through 2022. Combine with a short overall production run, and (absent a big impact striking the 126) you would expect 126 production to eventually exceed 116.
BraveBold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 08:55 PM   #157
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post

The new one is
The changes don’t both people

Correct. The movement is a little nicer objectively but the rest is personal opinion.

Been away awhile. Clearly haven't missed much.
Old 30 June 2024, 09:47 PM   #158
Deppe
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Availability is only irrelevant, if it is not given any weight by those who answer, and I doubt that you know the motives for all 400+ that have voted.

However, when posed with this question on instagram and other social media, I often see the answer “whichever is available from the AD”. Such an answer implies an indifference between the two models, and where the deciding factor is in fact availability. And at least one answer in this thread confirms that availability is in deed a factor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
The new one since it would be new from an AD.
Quote:
There's no need to try and discredit the results just because they don't fit your narrative.
Agreed - which makes it weird that you only comment on Manamana’s narrative and not karleone’s
Deppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 09:51 PM   #159
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
dead heat after 8000+ views
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 10:16 PM   #160
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post

The new one is
The changes don’t bother people
I agree with your words. He has changed clothes but his face has aged, instead he should be younger, like Le Mans. For me it is like a failed cosmetic surgery touch-up, in fact many are disappointed
Redsub71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 10:16 PM   #161
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsub71 View Post
I agree with your words. He has changed clothes but his face has aged, instead he should be younger, like Le Mans. For me it is like a failed cosmetic surgery touch-up, in fact many are disappointed
Agree 100%
Old 30 June 2024, 10:19 PM   #162
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deppe View Post
Availability is only irrelevant, if it is not given any weight by those who answer, and I doubt that you know the motives for all 400+ that have voted.

However, when posed with this question on instagram and other social media, I often see the answer “whichever is available from the AD”. Such an answer implies an indifference between the two models, and where the deciding factor is in fact availability. And at least one answer in this thread confirms that availability is in deed a factor:

Agreed - which makes it weird that you only comment on Manamana’s narrative and not karleone’s
None of us know the motive of all but one of those voting. But I'm not the one stating with conviction that I do

Karleone has one of each. His view is, to me, more objective as a result.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 10:43 PM   #163
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveBold View Post
They are both nice looking watches that are likely comfortable to wear. For me, the 116 in white or black is nicer because of the more balanced look. The outer stainless ring isn’t an improvement and neither are the subdials. The overall aesthetic of the 126 is a bit “chunkier” - and some see that as an improvement (but not me). That is it in terms of aesthetic preference.

Overall desire to own for many is likely also driven by how “important” each release is… and in that regard it is very clear that the 126 is, overall, a less “impactful” release. That is objectively the case as the aesthetic change vs prior is far less going from 116500 to 126500 than what the 116 represented. The 116 had more meaningful “firsts” and also will likely represent a far shorter and lower volume production run. Its volumes being significantly impacted by covid in 2020 and associated shut-downs and supply chain issues through 2022. Combine with a short overall production run, and (absent a big impact striking the 126) you would expect 126 production to eventually exceed 116.
I don’t understand how the 126 is less of an impactful release. New case, new dial / subdials, bezel ring, new movement, new bracelet and endlink design.
On the other hand from 116520 to 116500 everything is the exact same apart from the ceramic bezel and dial (same case, same bracelet, same movement.
Old 30 June 2024, 11:22 PM   #164
watcheeze
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiguy View Post
This is interesting to me because the 12’s right side actually looks bigger than its non-crown/non-pushers left side in photos and on wrist. The asymmetric case of the 11 looks optically more balanced on the wrist to me. In fact, Rolex emphasized this clever, intentional optical illusion on the 11 series.

I agree with you.

Here is a photo of the 116500 and 126500 cases from the back that might be helpful.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost.php?p=13087378

Some people think that the 126500 looks thicker on the right side lugs combined with the increased size of the crown guard, so opinions vary from person to person.

If you are wondering which one to buy, please prioritize your satisfaction while carefully selecting with your own eyes.
watcheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 12:54 AM   #165
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t understand how the 126 is less of an impactful release. New case, new dial / subdials, bezel ring, new movement, new bracelet and endlink design.
On the other hand from 116520 to 116500 everything is the exact same apart from the ceramic bezel and dial (same case, same bracelet, same movement.
We're saying the same thing, but you don't want to understand that at 116500 they changed his face, making him younger, instead 126500 changed his whole dress but not his face, which unfortunately aged badly. The 116500 is the first ceramic Daytona, the 126500 is its badly executed copy, and in fact most Rolex enthusiasts did not like it. Resellers liked it a lot, but they can't sell it as well as the 116500.
Old 1 July 2024, 01:07 AM   #166
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watcheeze View Post
I agree with you.

Here is a photo of the 116500 and 126500 cases from the back that might be helpful.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost.php?p=13087378

Some people think that the 126500 looks thicker on the right side lugs combined with the increased size of the crown guard, so opinions vary from person to person.

If you are wondering which one to buy, please prioritize your satisfaction while carefully selecting with your own eyes.
I recognize that the 126500 ( tickness 12.26 ) has been modified a lot. I really appreciated some details and also accepted that unfortunately the lug to lug has been increased, however, I was very disappointed with its new case profile, which having increased its thickness, is thicker than the 116500 ( tickness 12.18 )
Old 1 July 2024, 01:18 AM   #167
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
We're saying the same thing, but you don't want to understand that at 116500 they changed his face, making him younger, instead 126500 changed his whole dress but not his face, which unfortunately aged badly. The 116500 is the first ceramic Daytona, the 126500 is its badly executed copy, and in fact most Rolex enthusiasts did not like it. Resellers liked it a lot, but they can't sell it as well as the 116500.
I read a few of your posts, and you sound like a biased 116500 owner who can't understand that some people love the new reference. I own both the 116500 and 126500, and I appreciate everything about the new model.
Old 1 July 2024, 01:20 AM   #168
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Let’s add some photos folks getting too serious, enjoy either they’re both amazing to own .. both have plus and minus points, but the pictures tell more than a thousand words ..

Paul Newman
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 01:24 AM   #169
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Paul Newman
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 01:28 AM   #170
928ktgold
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: what’s next.
[Poll] 116500LN (White) or 126500LN (White)

Quote:
I recognize that the 126500 ( tickness 12.26 ) has been modified a lot. I really appreciated some details and also accepted that unfortunately the lug to lug has been increased, however, I was very disappointed with its new case profile, which having increased its thickness, is thicker than the 116500 ( tickness 12.18 )
That video measures the thickness of a 126 that had case protection stickers on. They’re pretty thick so don’t take that measurement as accurate. Other sites have measured both models and found the new one thinner.
The new reference has and shorter end link to endlink measurement than the old one since the design angles then down to fit smaller wrists easier

Here is the thread with measurements

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...ghlight=126500
928ktgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 01:30 AM   #171
bp1000
"TRF" Member

bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 01:36 AM   #172
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Yeah if you put the internet down for a day or two your opinion quickly becomes who f-ing cares.

I went ahead and took mine off and put an actual luxury watch on for the rest of the day.... and set the date to prep for July 1.

Old 1 July 2024, 01:45 AM   #173
Duke10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
Let’s add some photos folks getting too serious, enjoy either they’re both amazing to own .. both have plus and minus points, but the pictures tell more than a thousand words ..

What he said

I would proudly own and wear both. I like the 116 better and am a bit disappointed in the changes made to the 12. If they had done a true panda with all black sub-dials it would have perhaps given the 12 the edge. It just looks so much like a Zenith to me. I do believe in 50 years the 116 will be the more special reference. That’s based on nothing other than my personal opinion and I could be dead ass wrong. Either way it will have no impact on my present enjoyment of the watch. Whether you own the 11 or the 12, I hope you enjoy the Hell out of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duke10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 01:46 AM   #174
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Yeah if you put the internet down for a day or two your opinion quickly becomes who f-ing cares.

I went ahead and took mine off and put an actual luxury watch on for the rest of the day.... and set the date to prep for July 1.

This is the one I'm getting from VC. I wish they didn't discontinue the brown dial, still hopping VC would bring it back again before I pull the trigger.
Old 1 July 2024, 02:13 AM   #175
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazil View Post

Great!

Old 1 July 2024, 02:15 AM   #176
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
This is the one I'm getting from VC. I wish they didn't discontinue the brown dial, still hopping VC would bring it back again before I pull the trigger.

Man, Chase at Nashville had a brown dial for awhile. Just sat there. I went ahead and swapped my 4500 for this 4520. Wouldn't have done it except got both at retail so it wasn't horrible round trip. Keeps better time than last one but that could be a coincidence unless they've been taking more time in the 5 position tuning.
Old 1 July 2024, 02:18 AM   #177
Redsub71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I read a few of your posts, and you sound like a biased 116500 owner who can't understand that some people love the new reference. I own both the 116500 and 126500, and I appreciate everything about the new model.
I have the new 126500 in black on order, and I have both a 116520 and a 116500. I just wanted to reiterate that the new panda has changed in everything except its fundamental aspect, the dial. I'm not the only one saying this, but it's pretty much stayed the same, in fact it's been made worse.
Old 1 July 2024, 03:09 AM   #178
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have the new 126500 in black on order, and I have both a 116520 and a 116500. I just wanted to reiterate that the new panda has changed in everything except its fundamental aspect, the dial. I'm not the only one saying this, but it's pretty much stayed the same, in fact it's been made worse.
Good for you the 126500 is much easier to get in black vs white!
Old 1 July 2024, 04:04 AM   #179
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good for you the 126500 is much easier to get in black vs white!
Much easier to get? You’re just speculating, you don’t even know if that is true. Sure, the black dial costs less on the secondary market but that doesn’t mean it’s “MUCH” easier to get. You make comments like this to feel superior. It’s cringe.

With your logic, the 116 black was MUCH easier to get than the 116 white.
rolesor2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2024, 04:48 AM   #180
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolesor2022 View Post
Much easier to get? You’re just speculating, you don’t even know if that is true. Sure, the black dial costs less on the secondary market but that doesn’t mean it’s “MUCH” easier to get. You make comments like this to feel superior. It’s cringe.

With your logic, the 116 black was MUCH easier to get than the 116 white.
I am not speculating. My AD called me two times for a black 126500 and I declined them as I was waiting for a white 126500 that I finally got the call for and I could not get both. It is well known that the white 126500 is even harder to get vs the black 126500 (and it was the same for the white 116500 vs black 116500). I rephrase: the black 126500 is not much easier to get vs the white 126500 but it’s easier.