The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 25 November 2022, 04:05 AM   #1891
eijiboy
Banned

ITs already thanksgiving, Where are those people here saying that when the holiday comes the watch market will go up again?
I dont see any price increase...
Old 25 November 2022, 04:08 AM   #1892
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Quote:
Originally Posted by eijiboy View Post
ITs already thanksgiving, Where are those people here saying that when the holiday comes the watch market will go up again?
I dont see any price increase...
Here you go:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=879033

Old 25 November 2022, 04:10 AM   #1893
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailboss516 View Post
LOL. saw this already. Its not even sold at a sale price lol
Old 25 November 2022, 04:30 AM   #1894
eijiboy
Banned

Mint RG dd olive dial now at 46k.
Old 25 November 2022, 05:12 AM   #1895
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APWhale View Post
The seller hasn't modified the original listing but has confirmed in the comments as sold. And regarding your first post the listing was barely 45 minutes old but I guess that's long enough to be considered "sitting".

To be clear I have nothing wrong with discussing market prices but it would be nice if we could post price updates without inferring each time that the sky is falling. The prices alone confer the message.
So you admit it wasn’t sold when I posted? Lol chill out man it’s not that serious.
Old 25 November 2022, 05:14 AM   #1896
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I’m starting to get excited. I’ve held off buying a long time and watched all the MODA price drops referred to. That’s quite far removed from the U.K. grey market trend which is headed downwards but slowly - the dealers I’ve had an eye on seem to be getting a much higher level of stock in now over the last week and prices are softening significantly even on “cheaper” sports models - sub/ Exp II etc. nearly there!
Old 25 November 2022, 05:20 AM   #1897
APWhale
Banned

Watch: Code 11.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
So you admit it wasn’t sold when I posted? Lol chill out man it’s not that serious.
No because there are not clear timestamps but as I said it had been up for less than an hour and sold within 2 hours so I don’t consider it to have "sat" for very long. You’re right nothing serious, just prefer statements to be accurate.
Old 25 November 2022, 05:44 AM   #1898
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eijiboy View Post
Mint RG dd olive dial now at 46k.
Crazy. That’s close to retail + tax… I thought these were rare investment pieces
Old 25 November 2022, 05:57 AM   #1899
QuelleHeureEstIl
Banned

Just watched partially the last TimePieceTrading video. So painfull I could not finish watching.

But god... they make so much money on credulous flexing customers. It is fascinating...

Their current sale talk is always the same: "look at that watch, it is now x0% cheaper. It is the perfect time to buy/invest."

Strangely, there is no follow up video of their customers who were advised to "invest" 9 months ago.
Old 25 November 2022, 06:36 AM   #1900
aa909
Banned

Quote:
The seller hasn't modified the original listing but has confirmed in the comments as sold. And regarding your first post the listing was barely 45 minutes old but I guess that's long enough to be considered "sitting".

To be clear I have nothing wrong with discussing market prices but it would be nice if we could post price updates without inferring each time that the sky is falling. The prices alone confer the message.
Maybe you should look inward and assess why you're participating in a thread that is clearly upsetting to you
Old 25 November 2022, 07:07 AM   #1901
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Or you could avoid visiting this thread if it is triggering
Old 25 November 2022, 07:20 AM   #1902
Shaggy Rogers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuelleHeureEstIl View Post
Just watched partially the last TimePieceTrading video. So painfull I could not finish watching.

But god... they make so much money on credulous flexing customers. It is fascinating...

Their current sale talk is always the same: "look at that watch, it is now x0% cheaper. It is the perfect time to buy/invest."

Strangely, there is no follow up video of their customers who were advised to "invest" 9 months ago.
I wonder if “Travis Baker” from Timepiece Gentleman is still offering his buyback program.

He had the 126755SARU for $250k at the beginning of the year and said he would buy it back within six months or later at same price or greater.
Old 25 November 2022, 08:43 AM   #1903
APWhale
Banned

Watch: Code 11.59
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
Maybe you should look inward and assess why you're participating in a thread that is clearly upsetting to you
Maybe you should contribute value to the thread rather than butt in where you’re not concerned.

My point was that market price updates should accurately reflect the deal, if anything I am adding value to your thread as I am pointing out inaccuracies so that those who are not inside Moda can have the most accurate view possible.

Wouldn’t want them to think a 15400 at 28.5k is not selling if it in fact is.

Correct me if I’m wrong.
Old 25 November 2022, 09:32 AM   #1904
aa909
Banned

Quote:
Maybe you should contribute value to the thread rather than butt in where you’re not concerned.

My point was that market price updates should accurately reflect the deal, if anything I am adding value to your thread as I am pointing out inaccuracies so that those who are not inside Moda can have the most accurate view possible.

Wouldn’t want them to think a 15400 at 28.5k is not selling if it in fact is.

Correct me if I’m wrong.
By all means please continue to share info freely as I have been doing on multiple market threads. But you were doing more than that, you were attempting to moderate other people’s perspective on the market. most folks would agree “the sky is falling” (I would say the bubble has burst) when Daytonas prices on the secondary market have dropped from $50K in February down to $25K (and below).
Old 25 November 2022, 09:47 AM   #1905
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

There’s a DAYTONA right here on TRF below 25K. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=879788
Old 25 November 2022, 10:12 AM   #1906
eijiboy
Banned

BNIB yachtmaster 42mm white gold below msrp at 27k
Old 25 November 2022, 12:25 PM   #1907
aczaja10
"TRF" Member

I think Rolex will figure out how to make sure the doesn’t tank completely. I hope the economy does not get so bad that prices completely crash. I am fine with paying MSRP and actually being able to get watches that I want from an AD, which hasn’t been the case for a long time now. I hope that prices will stabilize that if I ever needed or wanted to sell a Rolex, I wouldn’t get completely hammered and lose half (or more) of what I paid for a watch, as is the case with many other brands.
Old 25 November 2022, 12:41 PM   #1908
Vince M.
Banned

Watch: Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by aczaja10 View Post
I think Rolex will figure out how to make sure the doesn’t tank completely.
If Rolex cared about the grey market or wanted to play in it they would have raised MSRP to grey values. LOL

Rolex does not care about grey market or back pack flippers...
Old 25 November 2022, 12:54 PM   #1909
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince M. View Post
If Rolex cared about the grey market or wanted to play in it they would have raised MSRP to grey values. LOL

Rolex does not care about grey market or back pack flippers...

I think Rolex cares a lot about the exclusivity and demand. Why wouldn’t they love the fact all models were flying off the shelves? They run a successful business, and I guarantee they know what is going on with second hand pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 25 November 2022, 01:17 PM   #1910
samuel019
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
I think Rolex will figure out how to make sure the doesn’t tank completely. I hope the economy does not get so bad that prices completely crash. I am fine with paying MSRP and actually being able to get watches that I want from an AD, which hasn’t been the case for a long time now. I hope that prices will stabilize that if I ever needed or wanted to sell a Rolex, I wouldn’t get completely hammered and lose half (or more) of what I paid for a watch, as is the case with many other brands.

Agreed. Used to be back when I started, buy from your A D and that’s exactly what would happen, lose half or damn near close to it. I guess what we want is a happy medium. Not 1-2 times over Msrp but not lose half either. If Rolex’s become readily available via an A D that will mean some of the red has been licked off the lollipop and values will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
I think Rolex cares a lot about the exclusivity and demand. Why wouldn’t they love the fact all models were flying off the shelves? They run a successful business, and I guarantee they know what is going on with second hand pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also agreed. You can bet a company as big and profitable as Rolex knows what’s going on with there watches on the secondary market. And you can also bet they don’t wanna see there watches go back to pre boom.
Old 25 November 2022, 01:51 PM   #1911
Radbloke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And therein lies the rub. Why should rolex be immune to depreciation? A lot of people are happy to see the absolutely ludicrous secondary market collapse, but once it starts going significantly under retail this is suddenly no good? You can't have it both ways.
Old 25 November 2022, 02:09 PM   #1912
aczaja10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radbloke View Post
And therein lies the rub. Why should rolex be immune to depreciation? A lot of people are happy to see the absolutely ludicrous secondary market collapse, but once it starts going significantly under retail this is suddenly no good? You can't have it both ways.
That’s a valid point. I realize my comments were all over the board. I didn’t think much about what I said, just expressing my feelings about what I am observing.

No one knows what will happen, but I did like it around 2018 when most models were available at an AD, prices climbed, but not crazy, and there was no fear of a total market collapse. For some reason, fear of a total market collapse is in the back of my mind, perhaps threads like this don’t help that fear.

I didn’t like the steep increases and the dramatic reductions of late also make me uneasy. Like many others, I have no plans on selling any of my watches. I’ve never sold a watch. I add when I can afford it. It would just really suck to think I’ve dropped some good money on something that has no value at all.

I see similar trends in other things, too. Cars, sports cards, pretty much most collectibles. My son collects basketball cards and I enjoy that hobby with him as well. We went to a show last weekend and I saw similar things. No one wanted to buy or trade with him, even with some of his rare and very cool cards. Ironically, I saw so many Rolexes at that show. More than I’ve ever seen in any one place. Saw a platinum Day Date 40 on a dealer’s wrist and he saw me looking at and he covered it up (perhaps because I was dressed like a bum). I complimented him in the watch and he was definitely uneasy until I said, I have the same one and then it was all watch talk from there.

I guess we need to get back to my roots - collect for the joy it brings me and nothing else. That might be the right answer.
Old 25 November 2022, 02:12 PM   #1913
aczaja10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel019 View Post

Agreed. Used to be back when I started, buy from your A D and that’s exactly what would happen, lose half or damn near close to it. I guess what we want is a happy medium. Not 1-2 times over Msrp but not lose half either. If Rolex’s become readily available via an A D that will mean some of the red has been licked off the lollipop and values will follow.

Also agreed. You can bet a company as big and profitable as Rolex knows what’s going on with there watches on the secondary market. And you can also bet they don’t wanna see there watches go back to pre boom.
I have to think Rolex knows what they are doing, too. They seem to be very much in tune with the market. I can’t say in the 20 years I’ve been collecting watches that they’ve let me down in that regard.
Old 26 November 2022, 12:44 AM   #1914
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Hi guys! Just to bring some infos on this thread, my friend put his name on a list at an AD in the beginning of June this year for a 126711 CHNR. No big spend history, his only purchase in the boutique was a Tudor BB Chrono last year. He's going to collect his Rootbeer next Tuesday, he got the call yesterday.

I don't know if it's happening, but sometimes it might happen :D.
Old 26 November 2022, 01:14 AM   #1915
Mifune
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablito View Post
I don't know if it's happening, but sometimes it might happen :D.
well then... where's my BLRO then?
been on a list since 2018
Old 26 November 2022, 03:46 AM   #1916
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
well then... where's my BLRO then?
been on a list since 2018
Well bro I don’t know where it is. Simply relating facts from my own and current experience. It looks like TT pièces might be easier to get ?
Old 26 November 2022, 05:38 AM   #1917
JRedford
"TRF" Member

Bro?
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today And then one day you find ten years have got behind you No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
Old 26 November 2022, 05:44 AM   #1918
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRedford View Post
Bro?
Is there any offense here? If yes please explain me why. If not, please stay focus on the main interest of the information I bring on this topic, in relation with it.
Old 26 November 2022, 07:27 AM   #1919
aa909
Banned

2-tone Daytona, nearly new, complete set listed for $21K. That’s barely above retail + tax.
Old 26 November 2022, 07:33 AM   #1920
mdubya
"TRF" Member

Imagine paying above retail for a two tone Daytona. Really goes to show how inflated prices were the past few years. Hard to imagine we won’t look back on the Covid watch market as anything but a joke in a few years time.
Closed Thread