The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 March 2020, 07:47 PM   #181
Highlatitude
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homo Sapien X View Post
Interesting. Sounds like you have some Rolex watches in your safe.
I have but only one I am likely to want to sell. I have always been into them for the watches not the profit so frankly I would be very happy to
see flippers and grey dealers get a poke in the eye.

When I was buying Rolex back in 2008, there was demand. Nothing like what has been happening since 2016 but the financial crisis then did not create a spectacular crash in Rolex prices, in fact it barely registered.
Highlatitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 12:50 AM   #182
vikingboy777
"TRF" Member

All I know is that AD's can obviously release units when it suits their business plan as seen in the last week including last weekend. Lots of people miraculously got "The Call" from their AD to say their watch had arrived in stock. I was one of those people for my SD43 . As soon as the AD's are trading again they will be off loading units to try and recoup lost revenue and once things are getting back to normal they will start to trickle feed the units again as before. Its a marketing tactic that has worked well for Rolex and I see no reason why that would change.
vikingboy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 08:55 PM   #183
Highlatitude
"TRF" Member

Yes, agree. Because they ADs needed cash flow to get them through the next month, all those models (that did not exist) being hidden in the safe have made a miraculous appearance. The games will continue one way or another.
Highlatitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 11:06 PM   #184
bp1000
"TRF" Member

The factory shut down should be a small bump in the road as mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a load of incomings after the AD's open back up.

The health crisis is very important to get under control and keep people safe.

Just a shame one of my watches is now in limbo at Rolex service centre. Not quite sure when I'll get it back. Could be a few months more on-top of typical service times.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 11:20 PM   #185
RolexOBGYN
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know if the factory is still planning on opening after the stated 10day closure. Seems a bit premature still given Switzerland’s rising covid cases.
RolexOBGYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2020, 11:23 PM   #186
*LexLover
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexOBGYN View Post
Does anyone know if the factory is still planning on opening after the stated 10day closure. Seems a bit premature still given Switzerland’s rising covid cases.
I may be mistaken, but I think that has been extended.
*LexLover is offline   Reply With Quote