The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 20 February 2022, 04:37 AM   #181
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Just got a call from my AD that my medium SS santos came in. About 2 weeks from order to arrival, as it was out of stock at the time. AD was surprised it came in so fast (they mentioned backorder when they ordered it). Got a nice discount too, which surprised me because i know cartier really cracked down on discounting. Will post pics when it arrives. Super excited to join the community.
sportsfan0704 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2022, 07:39 AM   #182
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR 226570
Is the white the only model with Cartier on the 7 marker? I think I may go with white purely based on that detail.

I’m surprised some of you are getting discounts, I didn’t even think that was possible in the current environment.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2022, 08:24 AM   #183
AltiTudor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
Is the white the only model with Cartier on the 7 marker? I think I may go with white purely based on that detail.
I believe that detail is on ALL Santos models with printed (vs. applied) numerals.
AltiTudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2022, 08:31 AM   #184
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’m surprised some of you are getting discounts, I didn’t even think that was possible in the current environment.

I too was surprised. I bought it in NY as well, not exactly an easy market to deal In. I simply asked what was the best price they could do and they immediately took 15% off. I called back later to pay and the store priced it 22% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 February 2022, 10:08 AM   #185
XQsMe33
"TRF" Member

Congrats! 🎉
XQsMe33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2022, 04:00 PM   #186
Guppydriver

Watch: 126710BLNR 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltiTudor View Post
I believe that detail is on ALL Santos models with printed (vs. applied) numerals.
Oh Ok...

My eyes are getting old, I swear the blue doesn't have it, just a regular roman numeral 7
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2022, 10:22 PM   #187
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman, Kermit
Quote:
Oh Ok...

My eyes are getting old, I swear the blue doesn't have it, just a regular roman numeral 7
Correct, the blue dial does not have the Cartier "Secret signature." It has applied steel numerals coated in rhodium. They can't write Cartier small enough in metal to give it a secret signature. They would have to cut part of the metal numeral and just print it after, which probably would not look good.
I have the blue dial and love it.

[IMG][/IMG]
Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2022, 12:27 AM   #188
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post
Correct, the blue dial does not have the Cartier "Secret signature." It has applied steel numerals coated in rhodium. They can't write Cartier small enough in metal to give it a secret signature. They would have to cut part of the metal numeral and just print it after, which probably would not look good.
I have the blue dial and love it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Blue dial is pure class. Wish they made it in medium size as the large is too big for me. Would love to see someone put a black leather croc strap on that

Old 22 February 2022, 01:36 AM   #189
PepsiBezel

Watch: Neo-Vintage
AF2779BC-3472-431B-883C-2C190461B2FB.jpeg

Medium Santos — love what they have done with the bracelet.
PepsiBezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2022, 05:33 AM   #190
AltiTudor
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=Dino944;12004942]Correct, the blue dial does not have the Cartier "Secret signature." It has applied steel numerals coated in rhodium. They can't write Cartier small enough in metal to give it a secret signature. They would have to cut part of the metal numeral and just print it after, which probably would not look good.
I have the blue dial and love it. /QUOTE]

That blue dial is amazing. I keep jumping back and forth between the blue and the gray/ADLC bezel version. I like the scratch resistance of the gray, but the applied numerals of the blue. Not sure I can go wrong either way…
AltiTudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2022, 11:12 AM   #191
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltiTudor View Post
That blue dial is amazing. I keep jumping back and forth between the blue and the gray/ADLC bezel version. I like the scratch resistance of the gray, but the applied numerals of the blue. Not sure I can go wrong either way…
Well, for me the blue dial and polished steel bezel make it more versatile as a watch I can dress up with a sport jacket or dress down with jeans. The steel and ADLC model comes off as more on the sporty casual side. You can’t go wrong with either model, both are fantastic. Maybe consider whether you want to wear it both dressy and casual, or if you would mostly wear it casually. Wishing you lots of luck with your decision.
Old 23 February 2022, 04:29 AM   #192
Dcraig
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan0704 View Post
I too was surprised. I bought it in NY as well, not exactly an easy market to deal In. I simply asked what was the best price they could do and they immediately took 15% off. I called back later to pay and the store priced it 22% off.

WOW. Wish I was so lucky. Would purchase a medium right now no questions asked for that deal. Congrats.
Dcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2022, 05:18 AM   #193
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcraig View Post
WOW. Wish I was so lucky. Would purchase a medium right now no questions asked for that deal. Congrats.

Shop around. I emailed 2 AD and both were willing to negotiate on the Cartier. I recommend trying smaller, non chain stores that don’t have Rolex accounts.

Old 9 March 2022, 02:24 PM   #194
guanxi
"TRF" Member

guanxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2022, 01:06 PM   #195
nickorette
2024 Pledge Member

Visited the boutique on Thursday, all 3 models of the medium had scratches on bezel... A local AD had one in stock they said was in the back and never tried on, going to check out tomorrow!
IWC: PRT Minute Repeater, Pilot 36, Pallweber, Vintage Pilot Tribute, Ingenieur Patek: 5098P, 5738R, 5120G, 5172G, 6119R JLC: Reverso, Duomètre, Polaris Memovox, MUTM Enamel AP: 15202ST Lange: Lange 1, Copper Blue, Richard Lange, 1815 Up/Down Rolex: 116000, 116520, 126655, 124060, 116505, 228238 Panerai: Luminor 676 Omega: Aqua Terra, SM 300, Museum N°10, 321 EW, CK 859 Cartier: Santos M, Tank LC VC: Cornes De Vache, Triple Calendrier, 222, 4300V/120R FPJ: CS LF: Classic Micro Rotor
nickorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2022, 01:14 PM   #196
hoppes-no9
"TRF" Member

Every time I wear this, I appreciate it more

hoppes-no9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2022, 02:50 PM   #197
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

I find the talk about the bezel being a “scratch magnet” total BS. Putting aside the fact that watches are meant to get scratched, there’s no reason this watch gets scratched anymore than another watches with polished bezels like a Rolex explorer or domed bezel datejust. Further:

1) Stainless steel is strong and scratches can easily be polished out.

2) the bezel being stainless steel and literally screwed down makes it extremely easy to swap out at service time for low cost.

3) laser Welding has become cheaper and more prevalent than ever before. Easy to fix major damage to a bezel like this.

4) it’s a 6,800 dollar watch at retail. Cheap? No. But compared to much higher end time pieces this isn’t exactly something to feel like is ruined over wear to the bezel.

5) because of the unique square shape and the screws on the bracelet, the first thing anyone will notice from a distance about your watch is the case shape and bracelet. It won’t appear to others that your watch is in bad shape.

For these reasons, the talk about this watch being a scratch magnet and thus a deal breaker for many is total BS.

Old 12 March 2022, 08:41 PM   #198
leong
"TRF" Member

My latest acquisition at end 2021 and still in love with it.

leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2022, 04:29 AM   #199
Jgives
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15500, Santos
I purchased the ADLC Santos a couple months back and I absolutely love the history and design of the watch. It actually keeps better time than my AP as well. Almost spot on everyday.

I’m waiting (hoping) Cartier produces a steel ADLC bracelet to match at some point. That would be incredible!
Jgives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2022, 04:50 AM   #200
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgives View Post
I purchased the ADLC Santos a couple months back and I absolutely love the history and design of the watch. It actually keeps better time than my AP as well. Almost spot on everyday.

I’m waiting (hoping) Cartier produces a steel ADLC bracelet to match at some point. That would be incredible!

Curious what you’re getting in terms of accuracy? I read somewhere Cartier says +10 is the spec. I’m getting around +6-7 but I know some people getting +1-2.

Old 13 March 2022, 05:03 AM   #201
Jgives
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan0704 View Post
Curious what you’re getting in terms of accuracy? I read somewhere Cartier says +10 is the spec. I’m getting around +6-7 but I know some people getting +1-2.

It’s in the 1-2sec range. If I’m diligent about winding each day it will stay pretty much spot on.
Old 13 March 2022, 05:54 AM   #202
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgives View Post
It’s in the 1-2sec range. If I’m diligent about winding each day it will stay pretty much spot on.

Do you reccomend a little wind everyday? It’s certainly easier since it’s not a screw down crown

Old 13 March 2022, 06:24 AM   #203
Jgives
"TRF" Member

I keep it pretty tightly wound as I wear. As you mention, very easy to wind even while wearing. Very smooth wind system.
Old 13 March 2022, 11:50 AM   #204
Thuilln
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaddleSC View Post
New Cartier owner here...I am very impressed by the quality of this watch!

That’s really a beauty!

Old 25 March 2022, 10:57 AM   #205
daytonadweller
"TRF" Member

Just picked up the stainless steel silver dial. It's stunning. I already have the full black ADLC. Same watch but so different at the same time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1361.jpg (139.3 KB, 499 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1525.jpg (131.3 KB, 499 views)
daytonadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2022, 11:12 AM   #206
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Not sure I ever shared my experience but I got mine last year from the Maison in NYC.

The watch they sold me had hairline scratches on the bezel and several nicks on the side of the case. I didn't even bother looking too carefully because nothing like that had ever happened to me.

Obviously I was livid. Went back a few days later and had them swap out for a "new" watch.

Their boutique experience makes it clear that they are a jewelery brand first and a watch brand a distant second. The sales person assigned to me knew I was coming in for the Santos and he didn't really seem to know anything about it or their watches in general. He also showed up the skeleton version which was covered in fingerprints. It looked terrible.

Sales experience aside it has become one of my favorites. The bracelet is incredible and I wish I had gotten it sooner. From what I remember, mine runs about +3/+4 a day.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
Old 25 March 2022, 11:50 AM   #207
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
Not sure I ever shared my experience but I got mine last year from the Maison in NYC.

The watch they sold me had hairline scratches on the bezel and several nicks on the side of the case. I didn't even bother looking too carefully because nothing like that had ever happened to me.

Obviously I was livid. Went back a few days later and had them swap out for a "new" watch.

Their boutique experience makes it clear that they are a jewelery brand first and a watch brand a distant second. The sales person assigned to me knew I was coming in for the Santos and he didn't really seem to know anything about it or their watches in general. He also showed up the skeleton version which was covered in fingerprints. It looked terrible.

Sales experience aside it has become one of my favorites. The bracelet is incredible and I wish I had gotten it sooner. From what I remember, mine runs about +3/+4 a day.

Had a similiar experience at same boutique today. I bought my santos at an AD but went to get straps for it. They sold me the wrong straps at the freaking Cartier boutique despite giving them the watch. Also when I showed them the watch they acted almost like they had never seen it before despite it being perhaps one of their most popular models. They did however give me an extra box and travel pouch for free.

Old 26 March 2022, 12:48 AM   #208
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
Their boutique experience makes it clear that they are a jewelery brand first and a watch brand a distant second. The sales person assigned to me knew I was coming in for the Santos and he didn't really seem to know anything about it or their watches in general.

Sorry to hear that your sales experience was not good. Still, I don't think that your experience is because Cartier is a jewelry brand first, and a watch brand second. I've been to ADs for other brands such as Rolex, Omega, Bvlgari, JLC, Piaget etc where the sales people knew little to nothing about the watches in the case. A few years ago I went to the NYC Vacheron boutique and they knew absolutely nothing about the watches in there and all they sell is watches! A guy I know just recently bought a VC 1921 at the NYC boutique and had a similar bad experience, so things there have not changed. Sadly, its that some of the people working at these boutiques and ADs are just there for a job. They don't have the passion or interest in the brand and its products that collectors or watch enthusiasts possess.

In addition, I have to say, I've had good experiences at my local Cartier boutique. Anyway, glad that you are enjoying your watch. I love my Santos! Cheers!
Old 26 March 2022, 02:24 AM   #209
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post
Sorry to hear that your sales experience was not good. Still, I don't think that your experience is because Cartier is a jewelry brand first, and a watch brand second. I've been to ADs for other brands such as Rolex, Omega, Bvlgari, JLC, Piaget etc where the sales people knew little to nothing about the watches in the case. A few years ago I went to the NYC Vacheron boutique and they knew absolutely nothing about the watches in there and all they sell is watches! A guy I know just recently bought a VC 1921 at the NYC boutique and had a similar bad experience, so things there have not changed. Sadly, its that some of the people working at these boutiques and ADs are just there for a job. They don't have the passion or interest in the brand and its products that collectors or watch enthusiasts possess.

In addition, I have to say, I've had good experiences at my local Cartier boutique. Anyway, glad that you are enjoying your watch. I love my Santos! Cheers!
I agree Cartier is one of the boutiques where I got the best service - always get my coffee/tea as well as champagne if i requested it as well as use of their lounge if I needed to do some work. Compare that to AP where I bought 2 royal oaks and never got any drinks, just sanitary towel & a cardboard mask holder.
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2022, 07:03 AM   #210
daytonadweller
"TRF" Member

I'm so happy with this new edition
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1560.jpg (111.0 KB, 421 views)
daytonadweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cartier , santos