The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,045 69.90%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 62 4.15%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 388 25.95%
Voters: 1495. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 November 2021, 01:05 AM   #2101
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
It is rumoured that when Rolex get a watch in for service etc the movemnet is checked and updated parts are fitted if needed.
Yes I'm sure that's the case. At the moment though we've not heard from Bas (or anyone else) about any retrofit parts or procedures being made available at service time yet. Hopefully we will though as the 3235 is capable of being incredibly accurate and precise (until it isn't).
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 06:12 AM   #2102
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi again,
Yes the Amplitude does seem to be dropping slowly.

I just don’t seem to ever have the higher (280 ish) amplitudes after a full wind that I used to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come to think of it my 126655 was Jan 2020. We have a similar movement batch. Obviously mine was definitely made in 2019. You know if the lead times in these movements and how long they spend getting certified?

amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 06:29 AM   #2103
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
I have no idea how long certification takes or how long a movement is in stock for before being used.

That’s more information a Rolex is unlikely to ever reveal.

CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 10:24 AM   #2104
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
I have added below a screen shot of my WatchTracker app page that has been monitoring my Submariner-Date.

You can clearly see the downward trend and I can not compensate overnight with any position. It seems to be in a downward (Loss) trend, which fits with the graph from saxo3.

How many measurements did you take in that period? Is your wear pattern varying substantially or are you mixing your wearing of it up with multiple watches in a rotation? That is all over the place?!?!

Here is my 114060 over half a year, maybe about 100 measurements during that period. It is consistently -.6 seconds a day when I am sedentary and around -.2 when I am very active (haven't been very active). It's worn daily and placed DD when sleeping. Amp has remained a constant 295 DU during this period. I know it is a different movement but shouldn't a Sub have this sort of consistency? Could it possibly have to do with the measurement or perhaps something that is one-off particular to your specific watch? Or am I just interpreting you results wrong? (which is totally a possibility)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 8.13.36 PM.png (217.8 KB, 378 views)
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 12:19 PM   #2105
dannyp
Banned

So I basically ended my first tracking run a couple of days ago but thought I'd post the results. Seems to be working quite well! Now I think I'll try doing an every-other-day run of both of my watches alternated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8E0CCAE1-7487-4077-882E-347BA5732EDE_1_201_a.jpeg (88.3 KB, 366 views)
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 03:23 PM   #2106
saxo3
"TRF" Member

32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
Oh no. This is what happened with 126655. Thought I avoided the issue for the longest time and then it started to look like your time tracker graph. Amp dropping?
Quote:
Hi again,
Yes the Amplitude does seem to be dropping slowly.

I just don’t seem to ever have the higher (280 ish) amplitudes after a full wind that I used to have.
According to all your data, this 3235 never had 280 degrees (in any position) after full winding.

All 3235 amplitudes (always measured after full winding) have decreased a bit with time, not much and more pronounced in horizontal positions (DU, DD), see graph below.

No data between 09/2020 and 04/2021 because Charles had no timegrapher yet.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 05:45 PM   #2107
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

I did not have a Timegrapher in the beginning as saxo3 said and I certainly regret not having had one.

Even from the data shown on the graph above there is a steady tendency of reduction of Amplitude.

Old 4 November 2021, 05:57 PM   #2108
Andad
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
[QUOTE=CharlesN;11793672]I do not think you will hear from anyone about new parts or procedures.

I think its very likely that ONLY RSC's will do this work. I doubt watchmakers, even if they are at a Rolex AD, will be tasked with this.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 06:01 PM   #2109
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

I also have some interesting informed opinions.

Old 4 November 2021, 06:18 PM   #2110
Andad
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
I also have some interesting informed opinions.

Why not post some?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2021, 07:04 PM   #2111
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab27 View Post
How many measurements did you take in that period? Is your wear pattern varying substantially or are you mixing your wearing of it up with multiple watches in a rotation? That is all over the place?!?!

Here is my 114060 over half a year, maybe about 100 measurements during that period. It is consistently -.6 seconds a day when I am sedentary and around -.2 when I am very active (haven't been very active). It's worn daily and placed DD when sleeping. Amp has remained a constant 295 DU during this period. I know it is a different movement but shouldn't a Sub have this sort of consistency? Could it possibly have to do with the measurement or perhaps something that is one-off particular to your specific watch? Or am I just interpreting you results wrong? (which is totally a possibility)
I have not counted the number of measurements i took but it is aproximately 75 over the period of the shown WatchTracker screenshot. I do two readingas a day, morning and evening.
The wear pattern was constant. .... Unworn ... Dial Down ... Constant temperature .. Full wind daily in the morning.

It is unfortunately probably not a "One-Off" as others have reported similar problems .. the 3235 Curse.
Old 4 November 2021, 08:25 PM   #2112
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Saxo3 kindly made this extrapolation to demonstrate that data taking is sufficient every 14 days.

If my SUBMARINER-DATE 126610 with it's 3235 Movemnet was to follow the trend of his SEA-DWELLER, shown on this graph as the dotted blue line, then I would know within 4 months that my 3235 has the known issue.

My SUBMARINER-DATE is marked by the Red dots as actual measured points and extrapolated ones in green.

Old 5 November 2021, 05:46 AM   #2113
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Does anyone remember exactly when we got advised the lift angle was updated to 53?

Old 5 November 2021, 06:20 AM   #2114
saxo3
"TRF" Member

December 2020. You don't remember the thread? I told you 53 degrees, you did not believe me and insisted on 55 degrees.
Old 5 November 2021, 07:35 AM   #2115
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
December 2020. You don't remember the thread? I told you 53 degrees, you did not believe me and insisted on 55 degrees.
No that was the thread you brought it up, when was it first advised by Bas? There is a big difference between that thread which is any old thread vs trying to work out when Rolex did the official update...
Old 5 November 2021, 07:38 AM   #2116
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Also i feel the earlier movements were indeed 55 degrees and Rolex changed something. You said it yourself this is not the type of error Rolex or Swiss people make...
Old 5 November 2021, 03:12 PM   #2117
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No that was the thread you brought it up
No, I did not bring it up.
The thread was started by Rori.
Quote:
...when was it first advised by Bas?

He corrected from 55 to 53 degrees in a later post, dated 18.12.2020.

What are you looking for?
Why do you want to know that date?
Old 5 November 2021, 04:03 PM   #2118
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, I did not bring it up.
The thread was started by Rori.

He corrected from 55 to 53 degrees in a later post, dated 18.12.2020.

What are you looking for?
Why do you want to know that date?
Yes and thank you.

I feel this was a movement update from Rolex so I'd like to think movements manufactured after this date are the ones most likely to have a perm fix. My YM and Charles's watch with the issue are pre this date.

In my mind there is no way Rolex miscalculated the lift angle initially and the movements before this point in time the correct lift angle is 55. You'd have to be an incompetent arts student to do that and not notice for 5 years.
Old 5 November 2021, 04:39 PM   #2119
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes and thank you.

I feel this was a movement update from Rolex so I'd like to think movements manufactured after this date (added: December 2020) are the ones most likely to have a perm fix. My YM and Charles's watch with the issue are pre this date.
In my view nobody (except Rolex SA) can correlate a 32xx watch purchase date with its movement fabrication date.

I bought my SD43 in 2017, it was repaired in 2019, its 3235 is running extremely well since late 2019. This does not fit with your 'feeling'.
Old 5 November 2021, 04:41 PM   #2120
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In my view nobody (except Rolex SA) can correlate a 32xx watch purchase date with its movement fabrication date.

I bought my SD43 in 2017, it was repaired in 2019, its 3235 is running extremely well since late 2019. This does not fit with your 'feeling'.
clearly but the later the purchase the more likely the movement is a newer one? seems like reasonable logic?

No one said all the 32XX movements are bad. I'd like to think in reality it's only like 20% that are affected. Your older 32xx might be totally fine after a minor adjustment/fix? In fact I genuinely hope it is.
Old 5 November 2021, 05:05 PM   #2121
rkny
"TRF" Member

124060, 3 weeks old. No timing hardware/software here. Just good old fashioned hacking to time.gov.

For the 1st week I wore the watch daily and stored it CU overnight. It lost approx .33 secs/day or -1 sec in 72 hours.

By the second week, it was at -5 compared to time.gov. I took it off, wound it fully, re-hacked it to time.gov, then stored it dial up for 48 hours. After 2 days sitting dial up it was +5.

Wearing it since Monday, it is now +3.75 secs faster than time.gov. So it’s slowing again, but more slowly. And since Monday I’m storing it CU at night.

Soon I’ll figure out the perfect ratio of DU overnight to CU overnight. And even if I don’t, I’m plenty happy with these minor deviations.
rkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2021, 05:47 PM   #2122
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkny View Post
124060, 3 weeks old. No timing hardware/software here. Just good old fashioned hacking to time.gov.

For the 1st week I wore the watch daily and stored it CU overnight. It lost approx .33 secs/day or -1 sec in 72 hours.

By the second week, it was at -5 compared to time.gov. I took it off, wound it fully, re-hacked it to time.gov, then stored it dial up for 48 hours. After 2 days sitting dial up it was +5.

Wearing it since Monday, it is now +3.75 secs faster than time.gov. So it’s slowing again, but more slowly. And since Monday I’m storing it CU at night.

Soon I’ll figure out the perfect ratio of DU overnight to CU overnight. And even if I don’t, I’m plenty happy with these minor deviations.

Yeah your watch is running perfectly. Enjoy

Old 30 November 2021, 11:00 AM   #2123
Mike79
"TRF" Member

I had DJ 41, 126300 with junk movement 3235. During 2 years my Rolex was 2 times under service in RSC. Watch was slowing down. I already sold this junk (more than one year ago ), never again 3235.
I already have IWC Aquatimer, more than one year and it is a really accurate watch, no problems.
But I am curious why prices od Rolex with cal. 32xx is still growing up ? If I would sell my DJ 41 now, I will get a better price. Can somebody explain me ? I can not believe, that people still buy this junk.
Mike79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 03:20 PM   #2124
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike79 View Post
I had DJ 41, 126300 with junk movement 3235. During 2 years my Rolex was 2 times under service in RSC. Watch was slowing down. I already sold this junk (more than one year ago ), never again 3235.
I already have IWC Aquatimer, more than one year and it is a really accurate watch, no problems.
But I am curious why prices od Rolex with cal. 32xx is still growing up ? If I would sell my DJ 41 now, I will get a better price. Can somebody explain me ? I can not believe, that people still buy this junk.
For me I buy rolex because their watches actually fit my wrist, which isn't overly large.

Very very few IWC's fit me, like wise omega GS etc.

Very few watch brands have local 5 year warranty support here in Aus and make sub 40mm 12mm thick watches. Literally none... now most here feel Rolex will fix the issues at some point and some feel the newer watches are fixed.

In saying that my DJ which has gone back for the 2nd time, if it shows the issue again, it will be sold... for basically the same value as I purchased it 3 years back... if not more... it is what it is.
Old 30 November 2021, 06:11 PM   #2125
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike79 View Post
The way things are currently in the global market people would still be lining up around the corner to get on any kind of a hint of a list if Rolex put a coronet on a piece of fresh cat droppings and slapped some propriety name on it.
It's completely crazy.
In recent times i've even overheard hairy a##ed kids that can barely drive a car talking shite about Rolex watches, wait lists and how long they'll have to be on a wait list.
It's unbelievable
They want it because of any combination of the name, hyped reputation driven by social media and potential resale value to get rich quick as some sort of a side hustle.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 06:27 PM   #2126
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
For me I buy rolex because their watches actually fit my wrist, which isn't overly large.

Very very few IWC's fit me, like wise omega GS etc.

Very few watch brands have local 5 year warranty support here in Aus and make sub 40mm 12mm thick watches. Literally none... now most here feel Rolex will fix the issues at some point and some feel the newer watches are fixed.

In saying that my DJ which has gone back for the 2nd time, if it shows the issue again, it will be sold... for basically the same value as I purchased it 3 years back... if not more... it is what it is.
I'm hearing you.
Rolex does make a good sized watch package, especially when it comes to thickness in a general purpose watch with admirable water resistance.
Once upon a time Rolex were known for what's under the bonnet for all the right reasons. Perhaps not so much now
We have to have some serious faith in the after sales system in order to put the watches right in such a fashion as to meet expectations for the first time in living memory.
Let's not forget this appears to have dragged on now for the full extent of the warranty.
Talking of warranties and IWC. I see they've offered an 8 year warranty in recent times.
With this kind of record, one may as well pick up anything and roll the dice.
Either way, Rolex will still sell everything they make even as they keep increasing the prices.

I sincerely hope they've sorted out your watch
Perhaps they've changed to higher specd pinion material or some such.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 08:17 PM   #2127
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Hmm I really don’t like the look of this. Brand new watch full wind… let’s see how this goes.

Old 1 December 2021, 10:52 PM   #2128
stevecv
Banned

Two timing runs for my new 124270 FWIW.
stevecv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 11:50 PM   #2129
goodolejr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Hmm I really don’t like the look of this. Brand new watch full wind… let’s see how this goes.

Should be interesting. There's been a dearth of 3255 and 3230 data here.
goodolejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2021, 05:55 AM   #2130
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Me neither, can’t see anything. Which watch Ref. you are testing inside the gray bag? You test all 5 positions after full winding?