The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 July 2024, 10:54 PM   #241
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolesor2022 View Post
Yes, the speedmaster is a plastic swatch. Zero respect in the watch community. Zero credibility for its owners.
Um, the Speedmaster is metal, other than the crystal and (newer) brake. And isn't this a watch community? Don't we (the watch community) have respect for the watch? Does it not have credibility with its owners?

I understand having an opinion, but this one is completely wrong. "Not a single thing you said is correct."

For what it's worth, I only like plastic (crystal) Daytonas. So there!

Grow up and do some fact checking before you profess!
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2024, 11:00 PM   #242
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO/EXPL
The Daytona doesn’t really interest me so the choice would be easy! 321. I love the history behind the speedy.

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2024, 11:50 PM   #243
Milhaus
"TRF" Member

Whatever you love is what becomes special.
Theres nothing truly special about either of them.
functional aspects are meaningless....the daytona has no use for racing anymore, and unless your going into space, the speedy is equally useless...maybe more, esp bc it doesnt even wind itself.
They are both just jewelry. what is more special, princess cut diamonds or emerald cut diamonds?
Milhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 12:18 AM   #244
soulsea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhaus View Post
They are both just jewelry. what is more special, princess cut diamonds or emerald cut diamonds?
No they are not ‘just’ jewlery … undoubtedly aesthetics is big part of desirability, but the coolest part of the 321 is the part that no one can see when worn and only the wearer knows about. It goes to the appreciation on the mechanical and horological artistry of any timepiece, which for many of us matters a great deal.

The fact that you think of timepieces as purely ornamental says more about you than anything else. No judgment, everyone buys things for different reasons, you are simply catastrophically wrong in reducing watches to jewlery.
Old 12 July 2024, 12:45 AM   #245
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
undoubtedly aesthetics is big part of desirability, but the coolest part of the 321 is the part that no one can see when worn and only the wearer knows about. It goes to the appreciation on the mechanical and horological artistry of any timepiece, which for many of us matters a great deal.
Exactly. This is my reason for loving the 321 (and many other pieces I own). Watches, for me, are mechanical art (definitely not jewelry). Some are masterpieces. I like to be able to view, and interact with, that art. Chronographs are one of the most interactive complications. Having one with a hand assembled historic movement that is so beautiful, and viewable, is a trump card over the Daytona… for me.
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2024, 12:47 AM   #246
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Marvellous assembly if you ask me

Someone assembled this movement, took it apart and re-assembled it for a second time before it ended up on my wrist. This isn't something you usually find below ALS or Patek Grand Comp.

bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote