The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 27 May 2022, 03:20 AM   #2701
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumdna View Post
That's a stunning shot!
Old 27 May 2022, 03:22 AM   #2702
phiberoptiks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swen86 View Post
Hey folks, I could use some feedback. A year ago tomorrow I put down a deposit on a blue dial dual time with the boutique in NYC. My sales rep told me that they closed the list later in the day and that I was the last one to make it. Needless to say, I was pretty psyched! Anyway fast forward to today, and still no watch. I sent following text to my rep
" Hi H@**. I hope you are well. It has been one year since I put my deposit down on the dual time. I understand how demand is crazy and the pandemic slowed things down and I’m totally willing to be patient. That being said, I do think VC should be able to give me an ETA. Can you please check with HQ on the status of my watch and get back to me? Thanks H@**!"
I don't think it's too much to ask to get an ETA, is it? I mean, they have collected a certain number of deposits. They have the dates that they collected the deposits. I assume they have some sort of manufacturing schedule. Shouldn't it just be a matter of math to figure out when they can send me my watch? Again, I don't mind waiting, but they should be able to give me some kind of time frame, no?
I was near the end of the list as well. No idea if I got moved to the very end or if I really was the last one. I waited 15 months for what it's worth for the time only version.
phiberoptiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 05:19 AM   #2703
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hey folks, I could use some feedback. A year ago tomorrow I put down a deposit on a blue dial dual time with the boutique in NYC. My sales rep told me that they closed the list later in the day and that I was the last one to make it. Needless to say, I was pretty psyched! Anyway fast forward to today, and still no watch. I sent following text to my rep
" Hi H@**. I hope you are well. It has been one year since I put my deposit down on the dual time. I understand how demand is crazy and the pandemic slowed things down and I’m totally willing to be patient. That being said, I do think VC should be able to give me an ETA. Can you please check with HQ on the status of my watch and get back to me? Thanks H@**!"
I don't think it's too much to ask to get an ETA, is it? I mean, they have collected a certain number of deposits. They have the dates that they collected the deposits. I assume they have some sort of manufacturing schedule. Shouldn't it just be a matter of math to figure out when they can send me my watch? Again, I don't mind waiting, but they should be able to give me some kind of time frame, no?

I’m in the exact same boat. I have some other things coming in this summer so I’m not putting as much pressure as I probably should be.

That said, please let us know what your SA says!
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 10:14 AM   #2704
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

Yes, please keep us updated!
sgrossma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 09:25 PM   #2705
swen86
"TRF" Member

This is what I got back:

When your deposit was taken it is registered in our system and Geneva will send your watch to us when it is ready. Please rest assured we will contact you right away when it is here! We will only know the time line when Geneva contacts us when it is ready. Before that we really don’t have any more info. Thank you for your patience.

I don't blame the rep, I'm sure this is what they are instructed to say, but the lack of transparency on VC's part is pretty frustrating.
swen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2022, 11:37 PM   #2706
FrogWatch
"TRF" Member

Heading to New York in a couple weeks. I have an appointment at the VC Boutique but am wondering which route to go for ultimately acquiring a black dial dual time. Should I establish history with the boutique or try an AD like Wempe? I do like a handful of the watches in the Traditionelle and Patrimony collections and have no problem buying one if they have some in stock. Wempe obviously has a more varied selection of brands and could find something other than a VC. Would this help me with an Overseas eventually? In your opinion, what would be the best route?

Many thanks!
FrogWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2022, 12:55 AM   #2707
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
I have always liked the overseas but always felt they wore a bit thick and big on me. Until now. It was very costly gray but I am in heaven. To fit a perpetual calendar and open working with such depth into a 8.1mm thick case is a watchmaking master class. Incredible comfort and sleekness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bearxj86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2022, 02:33 AM   #2708
tufa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxj86 View Post
I have always liked the overseas but always felt they wore a bit thick and big on me. Until now. It was very costly gray but I am in heaven. To fit a perpetual calendar and open working with such depth into a 8.1mm thick case is a watchmaking master class. Incredible comfort and sleekness!

Beautiful piece, congrats! How long have you had to wait?
tufa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2022, 03:31 AM   #2709
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
Quote:

There aren't many watches on the planet I'd take over this one it's just amazing big congrats!
Breguet 5547BB Marine Alarm, 7067 Tradition, 7037 Tradition, 5817 Marine Black, Blue, Silver Patek Philippe 5134P, 5205G-013 Omega NTTD Seamaster Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Complete Calendar Glashutte Original PanomaticLunar
PhilLynott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2022, 05:58 AM   #2710
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Wow I’m surprised a gray had this one ! I haven’t seen it advertised congrats I love mine as well
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2022, 12:09 PM   #2711
Houston77
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Goodness. That’s beautiful. Congrats!
Houston77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2022, 02:38 PM   #2712
ATSE
"TRF" Member

Not jealous at all!!

Amazing piece mate! Congratulations!
ATSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2022, 03:31 AM   #2713
cvz
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex/IWC/VC
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8962.jpg (181.7 KB, 761 views)
cvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2022, 06:36 AM   #2714
wuyangkid
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That is absolutely incredible. My grail watch if I ever make it to those levels of wealth

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
wuyangkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2022, 07:17 AM   #2715
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:

That is insane
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2022, 01:13 PM   #2716
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

You can really lose yourself whilst gazing into the perpetual skeleton!
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2022, 03:25 PM   #2717
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:

That's just spectacular! Congrats on a fine piece.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2022, 07:25 PM   #2718
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

overseas dual time running slow.

Hello all, I figured I’d ask here as not to start a whole new thread.

My recently acquired Overseas Dual Time runs between 5 and 7 seconds behind daily and since I have been traveling a lot I was wondering if that could be the cause. I didn’t check accuracy when I got it (from the VC boutique) , and I know it even says “antimagnetic” on the back…I have a demagnetizer I could use just in case.

I wanted to check with other owners in case I need to bring it in and prepare myself to be away from it for a couple of weeks (boutique already told me it would have to go to Germany).

Thanks in advance for your time!
gmtmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2022, 09:29 PM   #2719
EEpro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale View Post

My recently acquired Overseas Dual Time runs between 5 and 7 seconds behind daily and since I have been traveling a lot I was wondering if that could be the cause. I didn’t check accuracy when I got it (from the VC boutique) , and I know it even says “antimagnetic” on the back…I have a demagnetizer I could use just in case.

I wanted to check with other owners in case I need to bring it in and prepare myself to be away from it for a couple of weeks (boutique already told me it would have to go to Germany).

Try giving it a hand wind to full power and watch it closely for a few days of wear. On low reserve with crown up 8 hours per night this could happen.

Mine runs +1.5 to -3 depending on wear habits and overnight resting.
Old 7 June 2022, 10:15 PM   #2720
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Try giving it a hand wind to full power and watch it closely for a few days of wear. On low reserve with crown up 8 hours per night this could happen.

Mine runs +1.5 to -3 depending on wear habits and overnight resting.
Thank you:

I wear it 24/7 (even to bed) but Even fully wound it seems to lose those seconds.
Old 7 June 2022, 10:44 PM   #2721
EEpro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Thank you:

I wear it 24/7 (even to bed) but Even fully wound it seems to lose those seconds.

It probably needs to be regulated for your wearing habits. I'd personally set the time a minute or two ahead and give it a couple months unless you really can't stand it. Losing the watch for a few weeks would bother me more.

How does it do dial up? These movements are adjusted in 5 positions so if you can't find one that gains time then it needs to be sent in... eventually. I assume you extended the warranty to 8 years so there's no rush.
Old 7 June 2022, 11:00 PM   #2722
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
It probably needs to be regulated for your wearing habits. I'd personally set the time a minute or two ahead and give it a couple months unless you really can't stand it. Losing the watch for a few weeks would bother me more.

How does it do dial up? These movements are adjusted in 5 positions so if you can't find one that gains time then it needs to be sent in... eventually. I assume you extended the warranty to 8 years so there's no rush.
Very good advice thank you!

I’ll leave it dial up for a few days and see what happens. It does not bother me that much to be honest: I just wanted to check if it was something generally accepted within range (not clear on the Geneva seal meaning) or if it was simply in need of professional attention.

Thanks again!
Old 8 June 2022, 03:31 AM   #2723
Partpr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Any update? Looks like we put down our deposits within a day or two of each other.
Partpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2022, 12:41 PM   #2724
tanotran
"TRF" Member

Quote:

My 3 hands and dual time are less than 1 year old. Both of them run -4sec a day. AD told me it is fine. My daytona is 5 year old is still doing great with -1sec. That made me wonder the quality of VC watches
tanotran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2022, 02:51 PM   #2725
llngoc
"TRF" Member

I am visiting Paris so decided to stop by the VC boutique at Place Vendome.

The store is stocked only with fifty-six and Patrimone. When I inquired about Overseas TSO, the response was quick and abrupt: all Overseas models are for local clients only

And out of curiosity, I asked what is the wait time for the blue three hander 4500V and the answer was 2037. Can this even be true? He said there are only two boutiques in France and each gets only a few pieces per year and demand is crazy high in Paris. I guess the Parisian can easily take a train to Geneva for their watches and be considered locals there?
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2022, 04:42 PM   #2726
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanotran View Post
My 3 hands and dual time are less than 1 year old. Both of them run -4sec a day. AD told me it is fine. My daytona is 5 year old is still doing great with -1sec. That made me wonder the quality of VC watches
Thank you!

I guess I should call the boutique myself, instead of spending time on the forum ;)
Old 8 June 2022, 05:41 PM   #2727
solaire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post

The store is stocked only with fifty-six and Patrimone. When I inquired about Overseas TSO, the response was quick and abrupt: all Overseas models are for local clients only

And out of curiosity, I asked what is the wait time for the blue three hander 4500V and the answer was 2037. Can this even be true? He said there are only two boutiques in France and each gets only a few pieces per year and demand is crazy high in Paris. I guess the Parisian can easily take a train to Geneva for their watches and be considered locals there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post

Do you think getting a piece in Geneva is easy?

Vacheron are not wanting to turn into AP. This is evident with how they have been deen developing the overseas line doing with complications rather then colours.

solaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2022, 07:41 PM   #2728
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaire View Post
Do you think getting a piece in Geneva is easy?

Vacheron are not wanting to turn into AP. This is evident with how they have been deen developing the overseas line doing with complications rather then colours.

I don’t know but one comment from the Paris boutique salesperson implied that Overseas are meant for local clients and it seems like he is referring to all boutique. I was quite surprised for the 2037 date quoted by him.

And I was even more surprised that when we inquired about the 1921, he said he only have one 36.5mm in stock.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2022, 03:10 AM   #2729
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Went to a VC viewing event today for the watches and wonders release this year. There was the Overseas Perpetual Calendar Tourbillon Skeleton in titanium, and the Rose gold Perpetual Calendar. Got to try the 222 as well, but this aint that thread.

Thoughts: The rose gold PC is beautiful. The Titanium watch is super light.
Personally, I prefer the regular beautiful blue dial, over the skeleton.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8721.jpg (141.6 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8707.jpg (125.3 KB, 445 views)
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2022, 11:12 AM   #2730
mulberry083
"TRF" Member

When speaking with the e-boutique about a dual time, I mentioned I hoped to see one in person when I visit a boutique in the near future to confirm fit, etc. She said not to count on seeing one in there. Also mentioned wait time on the blue dual time was 2-3 years in the US, closer to 5 years for the blue 4500.
mulberry083 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vacheron , vacheronconstantin