The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 January 2010, 02:49 AM   #1
rkim11
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Some help please

Just joined this great forum but Ive been lurking a few days. Anyway I have a dilemma... I have the 16610 and I love it, whats not to love? But Im drawn to the LV, love that maxi dial. Only Im afraid the green bezel which looks good now will become tiresome if not a little gimmicky. If the LV had a black dial itd be a no brainer for me... And Im not one to own 2 watches, one will just sit in the box. Or I could have a black bezel insert on hand but I dont feel good about changing a factory bezel insert. Any suggestions?
rkim11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2010, 03:07 AM   #2
Speed
"TRF" Member

Welcome to TRF

Your option is just that. Get a black bezel and switch. You will likley want a watchmaker to do this unless you want to find one of the tutorials here and DIY. I prefer NOT to do it myself.

Lots of threads on this topic. Do a search and you will find good thoughts.

You will have trouble getting a US AD or Rolex Service Center to sell you a black bezel since it did not come stock with your watch. You could get lucky. You could also post a "Want to buy" notice in the classifieds here and buy one off someone who has come across stock.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2010, 03:22 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: GMT's
Welcome to TRF...

............... and the crazy world of watch enthusiasm...

I agree.. the green is not for everybody and is why the green Sub is not nearly as popular as the standard black... But it is just this sort of difference that get enthusiasts active..

Chances are that if you have a fancy for one watch today, it will change to another fancy next year............... You either buy what you want....then walk away from the forum........ or you buckle in and ride the roller coaster of want and desire each time a fantastic photo is posted, or a new model is released......
Old 17 January 2010, 03:27 AM   #4
rkim11
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Thanks for the good advice. Tools I think you have me sized up already
rkim11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2010, 03:48 AM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Welcome to TRF

Your option is just that. Get a black bezel and switch. You will likley want a watchmaker to do this unless you want to find one of the tutorials here and DIY. I prefer NOT to do it myself.

Lots of threads on this topic. Do a search and you will find good thoughts.

You will have trouble getting a US AD or Rolex Service Center to sell you a black bezel since it did not come stock with your watch. You could get lucky. You could also post a "Want to buy" notice in the classifieds here and buy one off someone who has come across stock.
Its a black bezel insert.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote