The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 February 2014, 06:56 AM   #1
moonlightdr
"TRF" Member

Icon11 SS Daytona in the UK - waiting list is over..?

Never miss a chance to look in the window of an AD, over the past 8 years or so of looking I've never seen a SS Daytona in any UK AD window - Yet walking past my local sussex AD I finally saw a black dial SS in their window - does this mean uk demand has slowed or have Rolex increased supply as something new is round the corner..?
moonlightdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 07:06 AM   #2
iazrollie
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Or, maybe a new model is coming. Ceramic gold this yr, certain TT next year and ceramic SS year after.
Old 26 February 2014, 07:09 AM   #3
tkerrmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: ME RACE PORSCHES
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightdr View Post
Never miss a chance to look in the window of an AD, over the past 8 years or so of looking I've never seen a SS Daytona in any UK AD window - Yet walking past my local sussex AD I finally saw a black dial SS in their window - does this mean uk demand has slowed or have Rolex increased supply as something new is round the corner..?

probably both
tkerrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 07:37 AM   #4
The Joker
"TRF" Member

I've still never seen one in a UK window. Think demand must be slowing, MSRP for a SS Daytona is pretty crazy.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 07:50 AM   #5
TimeToWatch
Banned

Watch: Rolex & AP
My local AD has a white daytona in their window...tried it on two weeks ago and it's still there. It seems like the BLNR is the new watch to have...
TimeToWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 08:10 AM   #6
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
I've been noticing them in window displays for the last year or so. And the BLNR recently as well. I would be glad to see the end the 'rare' watches hidden in the AD's safe. Pretty ridiculous, given the number of watches that Rolex churns out every year
Old 26 February 2014, 08:19 AM   #7
dimster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschneid View Post
My local AD has a white daytona in their window...tried it on two weeks ago and it's still there. It seems like the BLNR is the new watch to have...
That's a bit scary. Almost a year after Basel 2013 and it's still harder to come by.
Can't imagine the waiting lists should Rolex release a ceramic pepsi GMT this year.
dimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 09:39 AM   #8
terrywoods
"TRF" Member

Seen 6 different Uk ADs with the in the window in the last couple of months.

The hype is over
terrywoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 12:22 PM   #9
balboa73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrywoods View Post
Seen 6 different Uk ADs with the in the window in the last couple of months.

The hype is over
hypes been over for awhile now. however, the daytona still commands full msrp in MOST ad's and many STILL go for over msrp internationally. its not like because the hype is over that the daytona is no longer 'desirable' its just more readily available.

the new ceramic ss which seems inevitable whether it be this year , next year, or 3 years from now will easily exceed the $15000 usd MSRP mark and we pretty much know it will not be 42mm since the 'updated' platinum remained at 40mm

ceramic may be desired by many but many also love the SS bezel 'look' as well. once the new 'ceramic' subs came out many still 'long' for the older 16610's because they are 'iconic' and 'classic' moreso than the ceramic models.....for now....

the current ss daytona will be viewed in the 'exact' same way against the 'new' ceramics and thanks to the 'new' ceramics guaranteed HUGE price tag for an SS model the 'current' and soon to be discontinued models will be 'desired' and still sell at a premium and retain value ** i get it....wearing watch is the true value

example: rolex seadweller 16660 last MSRP v.s NOS 16660 seadweller.

the current model of the SS daytona will ALWAYS be 'desired'
balboa73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 12:28 PM   #10
doubleroll
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
I have visited ADs in the USA, NY, NJ, CT, FL, etc and never did I see one on display. Was in Miami and Palm Beach, FL just last week and none to be seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 26 February 2014, 12:44 PM   #11
Stefman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balboa73 View Post
hypes been over for awhile now. however, the daytona still commands full msrp in MOST ad's and many STILL go for over msrp internationally. its not like because the hype is over that the daytona is no longer 'desirable' its just more readily available.

the new ceramic ss which seems inevitable whether it be this year , next year, or 3 years from now will easily exceed the $15000 usd MSRP mark and we pretty much know it will not be 42mm since the 'updated' platinum remained at 40mm

ceramic may be desired by many but many also love the SS bezel 'look' as well. once the new 'ceramic' subs came out many still 'long' for the older 16610's because they are 'iconic' and 'classic' moreso than the ceramic models.....for now....

the current ss daytona will be viewed in the 'exact' same way against the 'new' ceramics and thanks to the 'new' ceramics guaranteed HUGE price tag for an SS model the 'current' and soon to be discontinued models will be 'desired' and still sell at a premium and retain value ** i get it....wearing watch is the true value

This is exactly the reason why I bought an SS Daytona last month. I love the look of the current one. If the new ceramic is nice, I can eventually get one, but at least I have the current one in case I don't like the new one.
Stefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 01:01 PM   #12
Kadhytia
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX, AP, and PP
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefman View Post
This is exactly the reason why I bought an SS Daytona last month. I love the look of the current one. If the new ceramic is nice, I can eventually get one, but at least I have the current one in case I don't like the new one.
Great move.
Kadhytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 04:37 PM   #13
Ristretto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platinum Daytona
I like how the daytona looks at present time, not sure how the ceramic bezel will look. I don't like the platinum but do like the Rose Gold with leather strap.
Old 26 February 2014, 08:11 PM   #14
Furbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Daytona hype is over, but not everybody knows it yet, luckily for me, as I flipped one for a nice profit recently.
Furbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 08:23 PM   #15
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & Rolex
Quote:

Perfectly summed up in my opinion
kultschar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 08:30 PM   #16
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Cant remember ever seeing one in the AD Chris is at now. Wonder if they come in and sell quickly or if he sometimes hides them in the safe for special customers/good trf friends.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 08:41 PM   #17
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightdr View Post
Truth be told there has never been a shortage of the Daytona even in the UK.Now when Daytona fever first took off way back in 2000 and they were changing hands for quite silly money if you was willing to pay they were quite easy to find.As the years progressed IMHO many that had bought the Daytona did for one thing only to flip hoping to make a fast buck.And those that really wanted a Daytona had to wait on the list.Again IMHO many Daytona's over the past 10 years have found there way to the grey market and places like Ebay, where they could easily be found if you was willing to pay the price.But over the past 3 years the Daytona bubble has started to burst now they are quite easy to find at retail price.The Daytona hype again IMHO was the thought of owning a hard to get Rolex that the so called cellebs in fashion was wearing at the time.Myself could never see the fuss in the hype the Daytona has generated since its launch, and you can thank forums and the hype internet for most of that.Yes the Daytona is a great watch and with a great movement but so are many others.But today such is the power of the Rolex brand name on the dial,and afraid today many don't wear a watch they just wear a brand.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 10:03 PM   #18
terrywoods
"TRF" Member

I've not heard of UK ADs offering any discount below the RRP on Daytona's they would rather gather dust than go for the sale, plus with so many UK ADs loosing Rolex accounts they seem to scarred these days to offer any discount on anything
terrywoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 10:07 PM   #19
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Or it means that they want to sell a watch.

Sometimes things are simple.
Omega Seamaster SMP300m, Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent Clock
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 10:22 PM   #20
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & Rolex
I think when the Ads start offering discounts on SS Daytonas then we know the hype is def over! However before this happens I imagine there will have been an update to this model hence will start all over again!!!
kultschar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 10:39 PM   #21
Kadhytia
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX, AP, and PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
i think when the ads start offering discounts on ss daytonas then we know the hype is def over! However before this happens i imagine there will have been an update to this model hence will start all over again!!!
x2
Kadhytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 10:44 PM   #22
balboa73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbo View Post
Daytona hype is over, but not everybody knows it yet, luckily for me, as I flipped one for a nice profit recently.
why lucky for you???

the daytona wont drop in value
balboa73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2014, 11:39 PM   #23
Furbo
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
why lucky for you???

the daytona wont drop in value
I like other Rolex watches more. I only bought this one because it was cheap and I could make a profit.
Furbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2014, 12:12 AM   #24
brettpaul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
I think both as well...
brettpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2014, 01:07 AM   #25
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Quote:

+1,000,000
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2014, 01:45 AM   #26
harvey
"TRF" Member

hi, anyone know where I can order a new Daytona in the uk? Thank you...
Old 27 February 2014, 04:19 AM   #27
jonathon555
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
hi, anyone know where I can order a new Daytona in the uk? Thank you...
Any AD , you can order a new one.

But if you mean a ceramic ss one that has not been released i am unsure.

I had to wait on a list for years
jonathon555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2014, 07:09 AM   #28
GolfPunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Daytona
There is still the same desirability for the SS Daytona, but as the price is now £7950, when people on the list are next up, they simply can't all afford the nigh on £8000 price tag so IMHO the price has now reached a level where common sense will prevail.
GolfPunk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosmograph , daytona