The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 July 2006, 05:04 AM   #1
FW9821

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Real vs. Fake

I thought I would add my two cents regarding this topic. I have to take my hat off to the fine people of this forum. When I first looked at the post regarding that LV I thought for sure it was genuine. But after reading all the replies I have seen the error of my ways. You guys provide an invaluable service for those of us just getting into the game. My knowledge of these fine watches has grown immensely. So please accept my sincere thanks for sharing your wisdom.
FW9821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 05:10 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW9821 View Post
I thought I would add my two cents regarding this topic. I have to take my hat off to the fine people of this forum. When I first looked at the post regarding that LV I thought for sure it was genuine. But after reading all the replies I have seen the error of my ways. You guys provide an invaluable service for those of us just getting into the game. My knowledge of these fine watches has grown immensely. So please accept my sincere thanks for sharing your wisdom.
You're more than welcome, pal. Sentiments and good wishes appreciated!!

But stick around for too long and you'll become a tosser like the rest of these tossers!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 06:16 AM   #3
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW9821 View Post
I learn something new every day. I've yet to meet the "expert" that knows everything about these watches. Sometimes a group effort provides knowledge and inspiration for us all.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 07:29 AM   #4
323ci

im usually the one posting the fake pics . . . lol . . . but ive learned a CRAPLOAD from the couple of threads ive started, at least i am less likely to fall victim to purchasing a non authentic piece online

thanks everyone especially mike, jj and rev for the thorough explanation and pics of real vs fake
323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2006, 07:33 AM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323ci View Post
im usually the one posting the fake pics . . . lol . . . but ive learned a CRAPLOAD from the couple of threads ive started, at least i am less likely to fall victim to purchasing a non authentic piece online

thanks everyone especially mike, jj and rev for the thorough explanation and pics of real vs fake
You're welcome, pal. Just a note to everybody on this forum....the fakes out there are really getting better and better. Even experts are getting bluffed into thinking them to be the real thing at first glance.

You should either know the Seller very well or go straight to an AD!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote