The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 19 June 2024, 10:25 PM   #1
Lemarp
"TRF" Member

Servicing Cost Question - Jumbo

Take it for what you will but the service cost for my AP15400 from Ottawa Swiss Watch Services Inc. is $1900+tx which I find not unreasonable. Probably desensitized from reading the service cost threads on vintage AP's.

Wondering if anyone out there has sent in a 15202 or 16202 in for servicing in Canada and can share how much the service cost was? Or Chrono's and other complicated AP pieces?

Asking because it doesn't look like i'll be able to get a Jumbo from AP anytime soon so thinking of going grey. Typically if the watch is older, I like to assume i'll have to send it in for servicing sooner rather than later.

My understanding is that the cost varies based on the work that needs to be done so i'm assuming it varies. Ottawa SWS needed to inspect my watch before providing a quote.
Lemarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 11:39 PM   #2
Watchman001
"TRF" Member

Assume that is CAD and includes full service and bracelet polish? Service prices are listed on AP site in CHF. Just need to convert. Ultra thin is 350 CHF more than regular watch like your 15400.
Watchman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 12:17 AM   #3
Lemarp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman001 View Post
Assume that is CAD and includes full service and bracelet polish? Service prices are listed on AP site in CHF. Just need to convert. Ultra thin is 350 CHF more than regular watch like your 15400.
Yeah I saw that however Ottawa SWS told me they needed to see it to provide a quote so I thought that meant the service price would vary depending on parts needed?

The converted price per the AP site would be C$1470 but my quote was C$1900 for just the servicing (polish would be extra).

Maybe tacking on another CHF350 + premium would get to a rough estimate so probably ~$2350? I'll probably just ask them when I go pick it up in a couple weeks.
Lemarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 03:45 AM   #4
SN2354
"TRF" Member

15300 was quoted $1k USD including any parts needing replacing at Saltwater facility.
SN2354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 04:23 AM   #5
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SN2354 View Post
15300 was quoted $1k USD including any parts needing replacing at Saltwater facility.
With a watch, I'd take Clearwater over Saltwater.
Old 20 June 2024, 07:40 AM   #6
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Servicing Cost Question - Jumbo

There won’t be any 16202 for paid service since they still fall under 5 year warranty.

AP lists their service costs on their website in CHF so apply FX exchange to get rough costs. AP service doesn’t include polishing, like Rolex, so it is a separate cost.

For example,

COLLECTIONS ROYAL OAK

Quartz // 600.-
Selfwinding // 950.-
Extra-thin // 1300.-
Chronograph // 1700.-
QP (chrono, QP, EOT) // 2200.-

Edit: just realized someone above already posted about prices on AP site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2024, 09:59 PM   #7
s14roller
"TRF" Member

I’m not familiar with the independent you quoted but are you sure you want someone other than AP servicing the watch? I personally wouldnt. I have with Rolex, wouldn’t with AP
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2024, 12:33 AM   #8
tcpx
"TRF" Member

Ottawa SWS is an authorized repair facility in Canada and is listed as such in the AP website.
tcpx is offline   Reply With Quote