The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old Today, 03:32 AM   #1
exp90
"TRF" Member

5167A advice

Hi all - I'm currently focused on a few select Rolex references, but thinking ahead I've always hoped to get a Patek Aquanaut, most likely the 5167A - arguably due to the love of the beautiful simplicity and objectively speaking the price. For those seasoned members here, any advice on how I should go about acquiring one via an AD (I don't want to go grey) - if its the same situation as Rolex, whether it'd take much longer eg 3-5Y rather than 1-2Y, or possible/impossible? Any advice and/or opinions, experience etc appreciated. Thanks in advance.
exp90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:40 AM   #2
byow
"TRF" Member

In the UK, I can only speak for the Salon.

If the 5167 is the only watch you want and you do not have a proper introduction, have not bought several PPs already, are not a worldwide-known celebrity, chances are near zero in the current context.
byow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:48 AM   #3
exp90
"TRF" Member

Thanks, better to know the reality. I stopped by a Salon in SE Asia recently and they advised, anything outside of Aquanaut and Nautilus ranges are viable, whereas they are not. I do happen to like other PPs, but somewhat hesitant to enter a cat and mouse game to get a 5167 as they rarely have guarantee. Is it however the most likely route?
Old Today, 03:53 AM   #4
aa_watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exp90 View Post
Hi all - I'm currently focused on a few select Rolex references, but thinking ahead I've always hoped to get a Patek Aquanaut, most likely the 5167A - arguably due to the love of the beautiful simplicity and objectively speaking the price. For those seasoned members here, any advice on how I should go about acquiring one via an AD (I don't want to go grey) - if its the same situation as Rolex, whether it'd take much longer eg 3-5Y rather than 1-2Y, or possible/impossible? Any advice and/or opinions, experience etc appreciated. Thanks in advance.
AD receive at least few requests per day for the same watch for the same reasons.
There's no secret, you must stand out by your name or purchase history
aa_watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:02 AM   #5
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
You're not going to get an Aquanaut without prior purchase history plain and simple. Go grey and get the watch you want without the games.
Old Today, 04:24 AM   #6
APhound
"TRF" Member

If you don’t want to go grey you better unfocus on those Rolexes and focus on a few Pateks you want before your aquanaut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:46 AM   #7
exp90
"TRF" Member

Appreciate the advice, got it loud and clear!