The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 30 January 2024, 09:38 AM   #1
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Ap cpo

Anyone here turned in a piece directly to an AP boutique to upgrade for something new? I gave been hearing of a pilot CPO programs for several years but don’t know anyone that has done it. Appreciate any info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 09:54 AM   #2
Gandor
"TRF" Member

I've heard rumblings of this, mostly through Material Good joint ventures stores, but really only anecdotal experiences. I haven't heard anything official from any AP channels.

Really hope AP gives us project updates in February in regards to CPO and AP Coverage or at least let us know that these projects are officially dead.
Old 30 January 2024, 02:27 PM   #3
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandor View Post
I've heard rumblings of this, mostly through Material Good joint ventures stores, but really only anecdotal experiences. I haven't heard anything official from any AP channels.

Really hope AP gives us project updates in February in regards to CPO and AP Coverage or at least let us know that these projects are officially dead.
Yeah, the CPO rumors have been around for years, time to get off the pot. I'll be seriously disappointed if the AP coverage service just disappears. Time for some sign of life from the new CEO.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 05:02 PM   #4
Mercutio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Yeah, the CPO rumors have been around for years, time to get off the pot. I'll be seriously disappointed if the AP coverage service just disappears. Time for some sign of life from the new CEO.
I believe AP vaguely hinted at replacing the policy with some other form of coverage - given your inroads into AP, have you, or has someone else heard anything more specific in this regard?
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2024, 06:17 PM   #5
KJBrandal
"TRF" Member

Asked my SA in Zurich about it, she said there was talks about it but they are awaiting if the new CEO wants to go the same route as FHB wanted with it. We'll see.
Omega: 2200.50.00
KJBrandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2024, 04:18 AM   #6
Palex
"TRF" Member

Really hope some kind of coverage will remain. Would be willing to pay for it.

For me, it’s something AP stood out with. No other brand has such a program.
Palex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 07:33 AM   #7
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

I do think we need SOMETHING. (And my local boutique is part owned by Material Good and so i think that SOMETHING is available to me . . but I've never asked for the details.)

The concept that customers will own for life every watch they buy new from the manufacture is laughably unrealistic. The manufacture knows this. So instead of all the hand-waving, plus "black listing," do SOMETHING.
Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 05:21 PM   #8
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
I do think we need SOMETHING. (And my local boutique is part owned by Material Good and so i think that SOMETHING is available to me . . but I've never asked for the details.)

The concept that customers will own for life every watch they buy new from the manufacture is laughably unrealistic. The manufacture knows this. So instead of all the hand-waving, plus "black listing," do SOMETHING.

So it’s 2024 a lot of APs are trading at a discount or hovering around retail and if I tell me SA I want to sell a watch and buy something else that I owned for a while they will just blacklist me ? I find that hard to believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2024, 05:32 PM   #9
Gandor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
So it’s 2024 a lot of APs are trading at a discount or hovering around retail and if I tell me SA I want to sell a watch and buy something else that I owned for a while they will just blacklist me ? I find that hard to believe.

Believe it!
Old 6 February 2024, 12:55 AM   #10
johnsonsxusfrt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post

Don't sell anything until you get everything you want LOL!

all joking aside, if you have a solid relationship with your SA (meaning 2+ years, multiple purchases from them), I think it's ok to explore the idea you are considering selling a piece you've had for 5+ years to mix up your collection.
johnsonsxusfrt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2024, 10:48 PM   #11
wb55
"TRF" Member

Didn’t the last CEO confirm CPO by the end of 2023 as his last act and then no news since?
wb55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2024, 04:43 AM   #12
alexlt730512
"TRF" Member

i've heard this news for years and not sure if ap is still going forward with it, but i guess now it'll be on the new CEO to decide.
alexlt730512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2024, 06:43 AM   #13
knorz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 145.012
The cpo director left AP a few days before or after FHb so I guess that the answer is no more cpo ��
knorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2024, 08:02 PM   #14
El-Sigma
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandor View Post

I heard that CPO program was on for the full year 2024 too.

No news on CPO.
El-Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote