The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 28 June 2024, 06:51 PM   #1
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

16202ST power reserve woes

Only got my jumbo about 2 months ago. Been wearing it daily for the most part, but today I had the power reserve run out for the 5th time or so even after daily use in each of the 5 cases. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Although I wear it daily, I probably only average 5-6 hours of use per day since I wear multiple watches a day. None of my other watches with even a lower advertised power reserve has had this problem.

I wind it at least 40-50x to bring it back to life after each time. I would think 5-6 hours of daily wrist time is enough to keep it running (?)
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 07:18 PM   #2
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Unless you're sitting there not moving for 5-6 hrs, I think there's something wrong with your watch.

I like to take mine off and put it on a stand if I'm sitting at a desk, so probably have overall wear time lower than yours per day and mine still doesn't need manual winding.
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 07:40 PM   #3
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Easiest and most reliable way to self test is to wind it up about 80x to ensure it's fully wound up and leave it on your desk to let it run flat. I would say it's the most accurate way to monitor the power reserve.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 08:18 PM   #4
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Five hours of wearing is not enough time to fully wind your watch unless you're wearing it very actively. The other possibility is that the rotor is not functioning properly.
This watch doesn't have a screw down crown so wind it 20 times before you wear it each day.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 09:58 AM   #5
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon Guy View Post
Easiest and most reliable way to self test is to wind it up about 80x to ensure it's fully wound up and leave it on your desk to let it run flat. I would say it's the most accurate way to monitor the power reserve.
thanks, will give this a shot next week when I can. I guess I'll have to plan it so that the 52th hour after starting this experiment ends while I'm awake
Old 2 July 2024, 10:03 AM   #6
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_chissle View Post
Unless you're sitting there not moving for 5-6 hrs, I think there's something wrong with your watch.

I like to take mine off and put it on a stand if I'm sitting at a desk, so probably have overall wear time lower than yours per day and mine still doesn't need manual winding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
Five hours of wearing is not enough time to fully wind your watch unless you're wearing it very actively. The other possibility is that the rotor is not functioning properly.
This watch doesn't have a screw down crown so wind it 20 times before you wear it each day.
mixed messages....I'll experiment to see if I can get 52 hours first on the initial wind, and then try to pinpoint if it's indeed the power reserve (mainspring, barrel), or the charging mechanism (rotor, ratchet wheel).

prefer not to send it in if I can avoid it
Old 2 July 2024, 10:53 AM   #7
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
This is exactly what it is. 5hrs is usually too little if activity is low, example deskbound where wrist movements are not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
thanks, will give this a shot next week when I can. I guess I'll have to plan it so that the 52th hour after starting this experiment ends while I'm awake
You can simply set the time to a new day (example 12 midnight where it turns to a new date) and it'll easily be monitored as you know exactly when it's going to run flat by counting the hours.
Old 2 July 2024, 11:04 AM   #8
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon Guy View Post
This is exactly what it is. 5hrs is usually too little if activity is low, example deskbound where wrist movements are not much.

You can simply set the time to a new day (example 12 midnight where it turns to a new date) and it'll easily be monitored as you know exactly when it's going to run flat by counting the hours.
lol I'm an idiot. thanks for the tip
Old 2 July 2024, 12:01 PM   #9
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I had the same power reserve issue with mine too early on. Sent it in to Clearwater. No issues since.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2024, 01:51 PM   #10
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
lol I'm an idiot. thanks for the tip
Old 2 July 2024, 02:39 PM   #11
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
I had the same power reserve issue with mine too early on. Sent it in to Clearwater. No issues since.
Uh oh. Any thing specific they called out on what the issue was? And what was the turnaround? Thanks Mike
Old 2 July 2024, 03:05 PM   #12
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Uh oh. Any thing specific they called out on what the issue was? And what was the turnaround? Thanks Mike

They said it needed an adjustment. Got it back in less than a month.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote