The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Gallery

Old 25 August 2007, 01:16 PM   #1
hatchery
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT YM MOP
Jubilee Bracelet

Hello all; I just joined and I need to throw a concerning question out to the community. I am a new Rolex fan and have a Yachtmaster, Submariner and Datejust. The Datejust I purchased from an individual watch jeweler/collector in my local area. It is a very nice looking pre-owned piece and was made in the late 80's according to the source. My question is related to the 2-tone Jubilee bracelet. The gold links in the band are hollow. I went to my local Rolex dealer, tried on a new version and could see that the gold links are solid with the exception of the pins that hold them in position. In addition, the newer version was considerable heavier and 'less flexible'. Does anyone know if Rolex used 'hollow' style gold links in this bracelt in the late '80's? I am afraid that I may not have gotten the genuine real thing. The timepiece, btw, looks, works and feels like a genuine Rolex. Also, the source I bought it from is a memeber of an International association of jewelers and is not bashful about advertising that he only buys and sells genuine Rolex pieces. any experienced opinions or comments would be helpful. Thanks.
hatchery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2007, 01:39 PM   #2
Vanessa CW21
TechXpert & 2016 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchery View Post
Does anyone know if Rolex used 'hollow' style gold links in this bracelt in the late '80's? I am afraid that I may not have gotten the genuine real thing.
Dear Hatchery

Rolex did not too long ago come out with the solid-link bracelet. In the '80's they definately used the hollow links.

Regards,
Vanessa
Vanessa CW21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2007, 04:13 PM   #3
hatchery
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT YM MOP
Thanks Vanessa. Does anyone know when they made the switch from hollow to solid?
hatchery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2007, 04:45 PM   #4
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchery View Post
Thanks Vanessa. Does anyone know when they made the switch from hollow to solid?
Happened in 2004 in conjunction with the introduction of new DJ style (more squarish case, polished lugs, domed bezel (116200 for example) and "ROLEXROLEX" branding + serial number at 6 o'clock on the chapter ring.

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote