The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 10 December 2021, 05:38 AM   #1
GS93108
"TRF" Member

AP site updates...

Last week AP moved a 1/3 of their current line to the legacy section. Today they've updated their site by including the model references on each model's profile picture. Trivial updates or 'house-keeping' in time for 2022 releases? Fun times.

I'm seeing AP next week and will ask about the speculation that we'll see new releases on 1/1, far earlier than I had anticipated. I'm sure I won't get a straight answer as AP London are incredibly discrete but it can't hurt to ask.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2021, 09:28 AM   #2
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
I also noticed on the pages for the new Offshores/Divers with quick-change straps, you can see the watch on the different straps they have available. I am not certain this is brand new with these latest updates, but it’s the first time I noticed it and it’s very welcome functionality!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11 December 2021, 01:16 AM   #3
jnewman311
"TRF" Member

Interesting that next to the watches when you click the i it says “ Non-binding recommended public price in the USA (taxes excluded). Authorised retail dealers are free to set the resale price for their customers.”
jnewman311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 01:22 AM   #4
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewman311 View Post
Interesting that next to the watches when you click the i it says “ Non-binding recommended public price in the USA (taxes excluded). Authorised retail dealers are free to set the resale price for their customers.”
Well it's not like there are a lot of "Authorised retail dealers" left in the US since AP is moving to a boutique only model.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 01:40 AM   #5
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
Last week AP moved a 1/3 of their current line to the legacy section. Today they've updated their site by including the model references on each model's profile picture. Trivial updates or 'house-keeping' in time for 2022 releases? Fun times.

I'm seeing AP next week and will ask about the speculation that we'll see new releases on 1/1, far earlier than I had anticipated. I'm sure I won't get a straight answer as AP London are incredibly discrete but it can't hurt to ask.
Curious, how do you get to the legacy section?
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 02:25 AM   #6
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC6 View Post
Curious, how do you get to the legacy section?
View all watches, then on the right hand side there is a drop down box where you can choose from 'Current Collection', 'Legacy Watches' or 'Special Edition'.
Old 11 December 2021, 04:38 AM   #7
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
View all watches, then on the right hand side there is a drop down box where you can choose from 'Current Collection', 'Legacy Watches' or 'Special Edition'.
That's awesome, so many "new to me" old watches to look at!
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 08:30 AM   #8
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Good spot Gary. On the ball as ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 08:38 AM   #9
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
Good spot Gary. On the ball as ever

Cheers Vince, but I've been a bit delinquent by not playing on here for a while :)
Old 11 December 2021, 06:52 PM   #10
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Cheers Vince, but I've been a bit delinquent by not playing on here for a while :)

I’m guilty of the same! Been crazy busy with work so watches have had to take a back seat. With Christmas coming, time to address the balance!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 11:15 PM   #11
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

I don’t see the pricing for any of the pieces. There’s just a large blank space at the top of the watch’s page (the “I” button mentioning MSRP is still there).
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 01:13 AM   #12
Xerxes77
Banned

I think the AP Boutique will start to sell us watches directly with grey market price….
Great move…..
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 01:30 AM   #13
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
I don’t see the pricing for any of the pieces. There’s just a large blank space at the top of the watch’s page (the “I” button mentioning MSRP is still there).
Pricing is there (just now, in the US); time to clear your browser cache/cookies.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 01:42 AM   #14
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Will be interesting what they come out with for 2022

Hoping for some more live stream releases with FHB too.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 04:14 AM   #15
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Pricing is there (just now, in the US); time to clear your browser cache/cookies.
Thank you
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 08:52 PM   #16
ajw99
"TRF" Member

Nice site enhancements...
ajw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 07:32 AM   #17
edslee327
"TRF" Member

pricing is there but i think the “ Non-binding recommended public price in the USA (taxes excluded). Authorised retail dealers are free to set the resale price for their customers.” is in the info button right of the price when u hover over the "i" symbol. might've been there a while or maybe it's new? not sure... if it's true, and boutiques do start charging "over retail" for their watches, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out, and if other hot brands will follow...
edslee327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 08:13 AM   #18
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslee327 View Post
pricing is there but i think the “ Non-binding recommended public price in the USA (taxes excluded). Authorised retail dealers are free to set the resale price for their customers.” is in the info button right of the price when u hover over the "i" symbol. might've been there a while or maybe it's new? not sure... if it's true, and boutiques do start charging "over retail" for their watches, it'll be interesting to see how this plays out, and if other hot brands will follow...
If this paragraph it’s to be understanding properly that means that from now will not see grey market for AP…. AP Boutique or AD will be grey market directly……
This will be insane for AP but will be a new strategy maybe in the next future follow by Rolex and Patek…… and maybe will be the end of this craziness…..
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 08:17 AM   #19
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes77 View Post
If this paragraph it’s to be understanding properly that means that from now will not see grey matket for AP…. AP Boutique or AD will be grey market directly……
This will be insane for AP but will be a new strategy maybe in the next future follow by Rolex and Patek…… and maybe will be the end of this craziness…..
It's just spelling out what "MSRP" means. A bit early to panic.
Old 13 December 2021, 08:24 AM   #20
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes77 View Post
If this paragraph it’s to be understanding properly that means that from now will not see grey matket for AP…. AP Boutique or AD will be grey market directly……
I believe that the wording differentiates between AP themselves and independent authorised dealers. Thus if there is an MSRP on the site then that is the price from AP directly via an AP House or Boutique. I believe the caveat statement relates to non AP owned authorised dealers only - which AP are phasing out anyway.

Summary:

AP House / AP Boutique = AP MSRP as displayed on the AP site
AP Boutique as Joint Venture = Presumably as above
Independent AD = Price at the AD's discretion whilst they still exist

p.s.

I've not heard of a single example of anyone paying anything other than the price on AP's site, me included. Also, I have a watch for my wife coming in Feb and AP hasn't mentioned anything about the pricing for it, which in the context of the conversations I've had with them about it, I would have expected.

p.p.s.

Has there been any gossip of any price increases? It's a perfect time for AP to bump their own prices up, I've not heard any rumours but I've not been playing on here recently.
Old 13 December 2021, 09:41 AM   #21
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
p.p.s.

Has there been any gossip of any price increases? It's a perfect time for AP to bump their own prices up, I've not heard any rumours but I've not been playing on here recently.

I have not heard anything about price increases. I’ve heard in advance about most of the others over the past couple of years. However, I agree the time is “ripe” for it if they are going to.

At this point I’m more interested to hear if there are going to be some immediate January new releases.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 14 December 2021, 05:58 AM   #22
GS93108
"TRF" Member

My wife and I had lunch with AP London and spent several hours with them this afternoon. As always they are perfect masters of discretion and so I learned very little. However, my feeling based on our conversation is that 2022 will be a full year of birthday celebrations and not just focused on the jumbo or indeed the specific April bday of the jumbo.

I have great expectations and hopes that we'll see new releases sooner rather than later and continuing throughout the year.
Old 14 December 2021, 06:15 AM   #23
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Removed.

Last edited by macrowatch; 14 December 2021 at 06:16 AM.. Reason: Deleted, wrong thread.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 07:19 AM   #24
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My wife and I had lunch with AP London and spent several hours with them this afternoon. As always they are perfect masters of discretion and so I learned very little. However, my feeling based on our conversation is that 2022 will be a full year of birthday celebrations and not just focused on the jumbo or indeed the specific April bday of the jumbo.

I have great expectations and hopes that we'll see new releases sooner rather than later and continuing throughout the year.
I only got a sparkling water at the boutique But the sense of the conversation was similar: lots of exciting releases expected for next year, without revealing specifics.
Old 14 December 2021, 07:30 AM   #25
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I only got a sparkling water at the boutique But the sense of the conversation was similar: lots of exciting releases expected for next year, without revealing specifics.
AP London is in full holiday mode. All the furniture has been changed - to any locals, AP House is not the same as the last time you saw it! My wife wants one of their new chairs... a sideline for AP to fill the gap between supplying watches?!

I also just read this article which adds very little to my original comment, but does indeed somewhat corroborate my thoughts:

https://www.watchonista.com/articles...udemars-piguet
Old 15 December 2021, 03:58 AM   #26
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Prices seem to be back for me this morning.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote