The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 1 June 2015, 02:48 PM   #1
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Almost in the club...

Hi all,

I have located a black ceramic diver, and am ready to take the step and getting it.

The seller is asking 19K in euros, 20.8K USD, and claims that the retail for it was 23.5K in euros, 25.7K USD, is that the real retail for the ceramic diver?

If it is I suppose 2K less on a piece like this which was never available with real discount, is not a bad deal, what do you guys think?

I am still hesitating a little, so if some owners, yeah you also Ben can post pics and tell me how they love their's it should make me get it 100%.

Anyways I emailed the seller, and am waiting for his response, but will probably call him this morning to get to know if it's still available, hope it is.

So if it's available and if I get it I would have 1 sporty dressy Patek, and 1 sport AP, seems to me like a nice little duo, what do you think?

Here's pic of the AP and the PP, not mine I take crappy pics, but of course if I get the diver you'll get real crappy pics with my diver and I'll throw in a few 5712 pics also, I guess side by side it must be impressive, the giant and the dwarf

3132595gross.jpg

5712_1A_001.png
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 03:49 PM   #2
orangedial
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, PP, Rolex
Wow, congrats in advance, Arnaud!
Now, push on and get it quickly!

I love mine so much
orangedial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 04:00 PM   #3
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
Love that diver!

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 04:22 PM   #4
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedial View Post
Wow, congrats in advance, Arnaud!
Now, push on and get it quickly!

I love mine so much
Well thanks for the congrats but a little early. Awesome pic, I hope I'm also gonna love it, but I think it should be ok, I saw it in white and found the finishing, quality and design really cool, just the white wasn't for me.

Can I ask what is your wrist size? Mine is 6.9 I guess size wise it should be good, lot's of members with 6.5 wrists wearing 44mm ROO's I think I should be fine with a 42mm...

I'm just hoping that they didn't sell it yet, but it's quite new on the site where it's on sale, so I think it should be ok, since I'm not asking for any kind of discount and ready to pay the asked price I suppose it should be mine if everything goes ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairdude1 View Post
Love that diver!
Me too, that's why I want it really bad, will be really cool to have it on the wrist this summer, at least I won't have any apprehension to swim with it, not like the 5712 which only has 60m WR
Old 1 June 2015, 04:55 PM   #5
Archangellight
"TRF" Member

love the brush ceramic diver.
Archangellight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 05:07 PM   #6
Abdullasaif
"TRF" Member

Watch: bipolar
No 25.7K is not the retail price it retailed for a bit less and congrats if you get it.
Abdullasaif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 07:49 PM   #7
lapince
"TRF" Member

DAMN I just got them they sold it this weekend….. So I called AP, and a few AD in Paris, none has they are going to try to get to know if they can get one or not, so for the moment it's a NO but I'm really hoping to find one, if someone knows of a seller in Europe, I called AP but they don't have and can't have, I feel that I won't get it at all, or in 2 years for 10K more, I'm stupid I should have reserved the one in Belgium for 19K last week…..
Old 1 June 2015, 07:49 PM   #8
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Hi all,

I have located a black ceramic diver, and am ready to take the step and getting it.

The seller is asking 19K in euros, 20.8K USD, and claims that the retail for it was 23.5K in euros, 25.7K USD, is that the real retail for the ceramic diver?

If it is I suppose 2K less on a piece like this which was never available with real discount, is not a bad deal, what do you guys think?

I am still hesitating a little, so if some owners, yeah you also Ben can post pics and tell me how they love their's it should make me get it 100%.

Anyways I emailed the seller, and am waiting for his response, but will probably call him this morning to get to know if it's still available, hope it is.

So if it's available and if I get it I would have 1 sporty dressy Patek, and 1 sport AP, seems to me like a nice little duo, what do you think?

Here's pic of the AP and the PP, not mine I take crappy pics, but of course if I get the diver you'll get real crappy pics with my diver and I'll throw in a few 5712 pics also, I guess side by side it must be impressive, the giant and the dwarf
If you can get it around USD20K, it's quite a good price ( I assume it's brand new ). However, make sure you check that it has those newer bezel with the prominent vertically brushed lines. While a matter of taste, to most of us, myself and Wayne included, that makes a big difference.

Yup, will make a great combo with the 5712A. Good luck.

benlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 08:19 PM   #9
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
I could've bought this piece at the AP Boutique in Venice for just under 21K USD this past Saturday with the VAT refund and unfortunately passed. (Just not the right time for Me and waiting on another PP to become available). If I wanted a Ceramic piece this would be the winner for sure. My wrist is 6.5-6.75"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (112.0 KB, 485 views)
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 08:51 PM   #10
mario belgium
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,2xHeuer
Arnaud,check chronotrade.be
mario belgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 09:00 PM   #11
lapince
"TRF" Member

Well just got AP on the phone, the price is not 19K through them but 23.5K, 25.600 dollars, and the best they can do is 22K in euros which makes 24K, that's out of my budget, I could go to 20K but not more, I am so stupid not to have reserved it last week :bang head:
Old 1 June 2015, 10:04 PM   #12
SamGMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Quote:
Well just got AP on the phone, the price is not 19K through them but 23.5K, 25.600 dollars, and the best they can do is 22K in euros which makes 24K, that's out of my budget, I could go to 20K but not more, I am so stupid not to have reserved it last week :bang head:
Don't be upset Arnaud! Keep the money, be patient and wait for the next one to appear and it will sooner or later!
SamGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 10:21 PM   #13
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario belgium View Post
Arnaud,check chronotrade.be
Thanks Mario, but it's from them I found at 19K euros, and they sold it this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
If you can get it around USD20K, it's quite a good price ( I assume it's brand new ). However, make sure you check that it has those newer bezel with the prominent vertically brushed lines. While a matter of taste, to most of us, myself and Wayne included, that makes a big difference.

Yep Ben you're right about the vertical lines, changes everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
I could've bought this piece at the AP Boutique in Venice for just under 21K USD this past Saturday with the VAT refund and unfortunately passed. (Just not the right time for Me and waiting on another PP to become available). If I wanted a Ceramic piece this would be the winner for sure. My wrist is 6.5-6.75"
I always wanted a ceramic watch and had my eye on this one but didn't think they would stop production, plus I didn't think the retail was 23.500, at 19K brand BNIB it was a super deal, I decided myself to get it yesterday since it's not produced anymore and of course they sold it this weekend…

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGMT View Post
Don't be upset Arnaud! Keep the money, be patient and wait for the next one to appear and it will sooner or later!
I know Sam but at what price? Since it's a hot piece and discontinued I'm not sure the prices won't go into the 25-27K USD, what do you think?

Again the one for 19K was a steal, I was SOOOOO STUPID not to reserve it last week, even if I hadn't made up my mind yet, that really sucks...
Old 1 June 2015, 10:23 PM   #14
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don't beat yourself up, one will become available.

I think it would be a great compliment to your 5712.
Old 1 June 2015, 10:43 PM   #15
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnd08 View Post
Don't beat yourself up, one will become available.

I think it would be a great compliment to your 5712.
Thanks JJ, yeah it would make a great duo for the 5712, 1 AP and 1PP, SS and ceramic, ultra thin and bulky diver, I think it's a really cool pair, just afraid that the prices might swell up quite a bit, it's discontinued, they made less than 600 since a member said he bought his last week and it was 500 something, I'm afraid it's the kind of piece that will rise in prices not bad, not to reach the prices of 44mm chrono ceramic models which are around 35-40K on chrono 24 but I could very well imagine they'd reach around 25K...
Old 1 June 2015, 10:48 PM   #16
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks JJ, yeah it would make a great duo for the 5712, 1 AP and 1PP, SS and ceramic, ultra thin and bulky diver, I think it's a really cool pair, just afraid that the prices might swell up quite a bit, it's discontinued, they made less than 600 since a member said he bought his last week and it was 500 something, I'm afraid it's the kind of piece that will rise in prices not bad, not to reach the prices of 44mm chrono ceramic models which are around 35-40K on chrono 24 but I could very well imagine they'd reach around 25K...
It seems like you were just a little late on a couple you were targeting. Now that you are actively looking to make a purchase, I think you'll be able to grab one.

Worst case scenario is you miss out on this one. It's not like AP isn't going to make another cool dive watch. But I think you'll be able to get the one you want.
Old 1 June 2015, 10:54 PM   #17
911S
"TRF" Member

20k is a good price, I don't think the prices are going to shoot up anytime soon. Not a classic yet !
911S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 11:01 PM   #18
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post

Beautiful shot
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 11:04 PM   #19
APRolex
Banned

Watch: AP Perp Skeleton
Do it Arnaud ! Good Luck on the Hunt.
APRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 11:15 PM   #20
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnd08 View Post
It seems like you were just a little late on a couple you were targeting. Now that you are actively looking to make a purchase, I think you'll be able to grab one.

Worst case scenario is you miss out on this one. It's not like AP isn't going to make another cool dive watch. But I think you'll be able to get the one you want.
It's not a dive watch I want, it's a ceramic one, and not too big, that's why it is perfect IMO… In fact I wasn't late on a couple, just on this one, before I got the 5726 just before the EU price raise, just sold it for a few hundred euros less than I bought t, but this ceramic diver which was at 19K I am stupid not to have reserved it, but I thought the retail price was 21K, not 23.5K, if I had known that I would've reserved it, even if I was not sure 100% to take it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911S View Post
20k is a good price, I don't think the prices are going to shoot up anytime soon. Not a classic yet !
I'm not getting it for 20K, that was the one I missed out on since I didn't reserve and called this morning, they sold it saturday Maybe not a classic but the best ceramic watch which is not too big and not too expensive, I looked at the Pam 335 last week, it's nice but just brushed ceramic, without the vertical lines, brushed and polished surfaces, it's just absolutely not the same thing at all, AP ceramic seems to be the top notch of horological ceramic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by APRolex View Post
Do it Arnaud ! Good Luck on the Hunt.
Thanks Sam, missed out on a great deal this morning, hope to be able to get one at a good price
Old 1 June 2015, 11:21 PM   #21
APRolex
Banned

Watch: AP Perp Skeleton
Quote:
It's not a dive watch I want, it's a ceramic one, and not too big, that's why it is perfect IMO...

I'm not getting it for 20K, that was the one I missed out on since I didn't reserve and called this morning, they sold it saturday

Thanks Sam, missed out on a great deal this morning, hope to be able to get one at a good price

I bought mine a preowned piece for $21.5K a year ago and sold it to a fellow forum member for the same.
APRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 11:34 PM   #22
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
It's an awesome watch !
Love mine

Get it !!

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 11:34 PM   #23
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

don't worry....next time you see it, don't hesitate! it will make an amazing duo for you.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2015, 12:01 AM   #24
lapince
"TRF" Member

Well I have activated my "watch connections" and hope to have news in 2-3 days, if I can't get it before I leave at a good price I have a TRF member who will be in Paris end of August and we would meet then, it's a good option, but of course I would love to have it for the summer, 2 months in Odessa Ukraine, it's a great spot for vacation whatever people may think, the civil war is at more than 600km from there, and it's really super, beaches, great restaurants, night clubs and everything you expect from a hot vacation spot, and that ceramic diver would be great to have there, but if I can have it only on the 29th well then be it
Old 2 June 2015, 08:53 AM   #25
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
The Diver is 14mm thick so hope that is OK for you. Even from my Subc the Diver can be hard to adjust too and I've had the Diver before a subc, so I imagine from a 5712 it will be a crazy transition.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2015, 09:36 AM   #26
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
The Diver is 14mm thick so hope that is OK for you. Even from my Subc the Diver can be hard to adjust too and I've had the Diver before a subc, so I imagine from a 5712 it will be a crazy transition.
Well Neil, I may have to go through an adjustment phase where I would have to wear it with long sleeve shirts, anyways we will see when I find one, I found that the diver is 13,9mm thick, and 12,8 for a sub c.

Not very far apart in fact
Old 2 June 2015, 02:10 PM   #27
sssteel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
2 months in Odessa Ukraine, it's a great spot for vacation whatever people may think, the civil war is at more than 600km from there, and it's really super, beaches, great restaurants, night clubs and everything you expect from a hot vacation spot, and that ceramic diver would be great to have there, but if I can have it only on the 29th well then be it

That's EXACTLY what I have heard/read!
Supposed to be a great place. I'd love to go.
Congrats to you and have fun!
sssteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2015, 02:46 PM   #28
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteel View Post
That's EXACTLY what I have heard/read!
Supposed to be a great place. I'd love to go.
Congrats to you and have fun!
I lived there 8 years, came back 3 years ago in Paris but I still love to go there
Old 2 June 2015, 07:35 PM   #29
yjfang
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 1680
AP Diver wears considerably larger than the 5712. I've had both.
yjfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2015, 07:57 PM   #30
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
The Subc is 9mm Arnaud and very different to the Diver believe me.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote