The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 7 October 2020, 01:20 PM   #1
nauti1us
"TRF" Member

Watch: Always changing.
VC Historiques Triple Calendrier?

I love this watch but rarely see it mentioned online and the few for sale seem to be very consistently priced, at the very high end of my budget. Are people not buying them, or are they holding onto them, I wonder?

I'd really like to pick one up but as I said, it's the very top end of my budget. Can anybody recommend watches of a similar style at a lower price point? - I'm a big fan of the font used for the numerals so that's a key element for me.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg VC.jpeg (75.0 KB, 193 views)
nauti1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2020, 06:13 PM   #2
Slider817
"TRF" Member

Watch: Journe, AP & Lange
IWC uses a similar font on many of their dress models, however other than that little resemblance.

Although not triple calendars, but a brand that does the vintage aesthetic well, with a similar font is Longines, their military Heritage line might be up your alley, or many of the other watches in their Heritage line.

I really like the entire Historique line from Vacheron, no surprise you like this watch, the entire range is fantastic.
Slider817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2020, 10:55 PM   #3
Juan Luis
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Undecided
I love that watch, but chose the similarly priced FiftySix complete calendar instead. The triple calendar Historique is hand winding and non-hacking. One has to be on top of it with the complications.
Juan Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2020, 11:46 PM   #4
nauti1us
"TRF" Member

I've had an on/off thing for the Longines Avigation (the limited ed. black dial) but am never sure if it will be anything more than a passing phase.

I think I need to checkout IWC again - I've had a few IWC's over time, but never gotten to the Portugieser, which could be a good fit.

Juan - looks like a trip to the local VC boutique is in order :) - I'm not sure how I feel about the alternating markers on the 56, but if def. hits the mark in other places.
Old 8 October 2020, 12:01 PM   #5
Justindo
"TRF" Member

This watch is gorgeous in person, as are all of the watches in the Historiques collection. For its price, it's one of the most unique and best values out there when one considers the quality of finishing and the complications.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2020, 01:16 PM   #6
nauti1us
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justindo View Post
This watch is gorgeous in person, as are all of the watches in the Historiques collection. For its price, it's one of the most unique and best values out there when one considers the quality of finishing and the complications.
I just wish they were $5k cheaper so the grey/used market pricing would be more within my reach
Old 8 October 2020, 02:25 PM   #7
dchang81
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

I think they look awesome. With a decent discount, a relative bargain all things considered. When they first came out I expected to see more grey market deals for me to jump in but never really happened like a lot of other vacherons. I know that style date is not the most popular but I like it. Wife wanted to get me a patek 6000 with the same style.

I also prefer this style much more than the 56.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote