The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM   #1
911cz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Bucherer Preowned

Stopped into Bucherer in Lugano, Switzerland. The prices for the their preowned Rolex pieces are still quite shocking. All pieces are serviced but not touched up for scratches. Clearly pieces on grey market in the US are still much cheaper when compared to what I saw there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
911cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #2
911cz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master II

911cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM   #3
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Yes I agree. I was at their location in Lucerne over the Christmas period and felt their prices were quite high. They did have some great watches though
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM   #4
hellofromthebay
"TRF" Member

Agreed. They will discount preowned very quickly. Up to 10% which is still not enough.

hellofromthebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #5
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Yes I agree. I was at their location in Lucerne over the Christmas period and felt their prices were quite high. They did have some great watches though
My wife and I visited that store in 2000 and bought her an Omega. She still wears that watch a lot!
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM   #6
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
My wife and I visited that store in 2000 and bought her an Omega. She still wears that watch a lot!

That’s fantastic Lucerne is just so beautiful. What a great memory you two must have

brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM   #7
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
The CPO Program has done more to help the Trusted Sellers than anything they could have done themselves. The prices can be eyewatering from the CPO Dealers and they prey on those who price does not make a difference or are scared of the internet, or a combination of both. It is interesting to me how some choose to consistently put down the Trusted Sellers for operating a business in a free market but seem to give the AD's a pass on what could be described as authorized price gouging. Of all of the watch people I know I am yet to meet anyone who has, or will admit, to buying CPO.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:46 AM   #8
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Switzerland is just a victim of its own success. The currency is astonishingly strong which is a big contributor to the luxury watch prices we have to suffer in recent years. The minimum wage levels and prices generally are very high.

CPO prices are nuts. Add together CPO prices and Swiss prices and it’s never going to be cheap.

Beautiful place though - if I had to pick one country to spend the rest of my life in, it would be Switzerland.
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:10 AM   #9
NigeG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
The CPO Program has done more to help the Trusted Sellers than anything they could have done themselves. The prices can be eyewatering from the CPO Dealers and they prey on those who price does not make a difference or are scared of the internet, or a combination of both. It is interesting to me how some choose to consistently put down the Trusted Sellers for operating a business in a free market but seem to give the AD's a pass on what could be described as authorized price gouging. Of all of the watch people I know I am yet to meet anyone who has, or will admit, to buying CPO.

Agreed. I’ve yet to meet or hear of anyone that has actually bought on the CPO programme.

I got walked over to the CPO section in one AD when it was obvious I wasn’t interested in the two tone stuff they said I could have without too much of a wait.

It got interesting when I laughed at the prices. The sales assistant said we take the price that we give for buying a used piece in, the cost of Rolex reconditioning the watch and its certification and add a small margin to arrive at the selling price. So asked what my 2001 Sub Date would be worth in part ex against a 2021 GMT Master BLRO they had in store at £17950. Between £6k - £7k depending on condition and what comes with it was the reply. Said I’ll forget about that then after I’d stopped laughing.

NigeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:55 AM   #10
carwashchris
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Vintage DD'S
Hard to believe the CPO program will last, I was at the Sarasota FL AD this past week and they had a Hulk @ 28.5 k. They presented it as it was a highly sought after and won't last long.

Chris

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
carwashchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:14 AM   #11
77T

In the case of Bucherer in Lucerne, were those prices high due to VAT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:36 AM   #12
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
I have and will admit to buying CPO. Twice. Shopping is a skill like any other, acquired through practice. Stay away from the cliched hyped pieces, focus on larger AD organizations with multiple locations and more redundant inventory and vet the pricing against trusted sellers and other internet vendors. While there are no bargains to be had via CPO there can be value for those who shop intentionally.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote