The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 January 2007, 07:21 AM   #1
quinson418
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sea-dweller
Rolex accessories from Qualitytyme

Just wanted to see if any of you guys dealt with this online store:
http://www.qualitytyme.net/

I am trying to purchase some Rolex accessories from there.
Apparently, the author of "The Rolex Report" owns that website, is that true?
If so, are their accessories authentic? Just felt weird that someone would can get a hold of so many Rolex accessories, including the discontinued Rolex anchores.

Hopefully someone can help me, I want to make my purchases soon.
quinson418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2007, 07:27 AM   #2
montecristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 DateJust
They should be legit but a bit overpriced IMO, if you are interested in those passport holders and whatnot, sometimes your AD might just hand you one if you ask nicely. (provided that you bought something from them before)

The rolex report is 27.99 here by the way.
montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2007, 08:08 AM   #3
quinson418
"TRF" Member

I am actually going to purchase an anchor.
Just have this feeling it is fake if Rolex decided to discontinue it, and he seems to have plenty in hand.
I am not expert in it, just want to make sure my money goes to authentic products like my watch.

Apparently, my AD is in another country.
She was kind enough to give me an extra bezel protector. Too bad at that time, I didn't know about the passports and the cleaning cloths, otherwise I am sure she would of give them to me.
Old 18 January 2007, 08:16 AM   #4
quinson418
"TRF" Member

Just an update, I called their customer service and actually talked to the author of the book: "The Rolex Report"

He really confirmed that it is all authentic items, then of course it really depends if we believe him or not.

What would you say?
Especially on the anchor for USD17.95?
Old 18 January 2007, 08:29 AM   #5
President
Banned

Watch: Bear Grylls
I think it's legit.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2007, 08:44 AM   #6
montecristo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 DateJust
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinson418 View Post
Just an update, I called their customer service and actually talked to the author of the book: "The Rolex Report"

He really confirmed that it is all authentic items, then of course it really depends if we believe him or not.

What would you say?
Especially on the anchor for USD17.95?
If you really want one, its about the price for a dvd anyway.
montecristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2007, 08:54 AM   #7
quinson418
"TRF" Member

It is not about the price. Just want to make sure it is authentic.
If it is USD30, it is USD30, just need to know real or not.
I guess I can get annoying like that.
Old 18 January 2007, 09:30 AM   #8
ginzo

Watch: GMT/1675 Exp/1016
I have poked around the site alot and my gut feeling is it's legit.
ginzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2007, 10:20 AM   #9
quinson418
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginzo View Post
I have poked around the site alot and my gut feeling is it's legit.
Thanks for looking around.
I have that feeling too.

Especially when he is the guy that wrote the rolex book.
Old 18 January 2007, 11:14 AM   #10
mikey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Oysterdate 6694
That site has been around for some time. I would think its legit.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2007, 11:15 AM   #11
quinson418
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
That site has been around for some time. I would think its legit.
Just to update again, I made my purchases.
An Sea Dweller Anchor and a leather passport holder.

Will post photos later when I receive them.
Old 18 January 2007, 01:21 PM   #12
A. Jacobs
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date 16610
I purchased a copy of THE ROLEX REPORT from qualitytyme.net and a couple of anchors. I have absolutely no complaints about the site or their products.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
A. Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2007, 01:28 PM   #13
mikey
"TRF" Member

Anchors....Freebie Anchors.....you guys are giving me ideas..hmmmmmm
Old 18 January 2007, 03:25 PM   #14
quinson418
"TRF" Member

Mike, yes, instead of giving out hang tags, lets give out anchors.
Shotgun, I got next.
Old 18 January 2007, 03:29 PM   #15
mikey
"TRF" Member

If I get some anchors, I promise you get one before the contest.
Old 8 February 2007, 02:33 PM   #16
Kris
Banned

Watch: Sea-Dweller Z-ser.
I'm having problems with these guys right now (QualityTyme). I ordered a SD Anchor and a Rolex Polish Cloth.

They mailed out the order and I received it within 6 business days, the problems is they only sent me the anchor.

They failed to include the polishing cloth (of which the payment for it was deducted from my VISA as per my recent statement) or even the invoice!!!!

I called the 1-866 number and talked to some guy there who answered on his cellphone and told me that as the office was closed, I should just flip the confirmation email back to them stating what the problem was with the shipment and they'd take care of it.

So I did. 6 business days have gone by since and still no polishing cloth. Yesterday I sent another follow-up email asking them to at least give me the courtesy of responding to my email and letting me know what's going on. I checked my emails today, and no response.

I'm going to have to call these guys again tomorrow during their office hours.

I never thought I'd get the run around over a piece of cloth

I'll keep everyone posted.
Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2007, 02:35 PM   #17
A. Jacobs
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub Date 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I'm having problems with these guys right now (QualityTyme). I ordered a SD Anchor and a Rolex Polish Cloth.

They mailed out the order and I received it within 6 business days, the problems is they only sent me the anchor.

They failed to include the polish cloth (which was deducted from my VISA as per my recent statement) or even the invoice!!!!

I called the 1-866 number and talked to some guy there who answered on his cellphone and told me that as the office was closed, I should just flip the confirmation email back to them stating what the problem was with the shipment and they'd take care of it.

So I did. 6 business days have gone by since and still no polishing cloth. Yesterday I sent another follow-up email asking them to at least give me the courtesy of responding to my email and letting me know what's going on. I checked my emails today, and no response.

Kris,

I have to say that I am suprised by your experience. I've placed multiple orders through qualitytyme.net and never had a problem. Be sure to keep us posted.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
A. Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2007, 05:53 PM   #18
tonelar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seadweller
I've not heard anything negative about them (only that their prices are at a premium). Then again, it might be worth the extra $ for the peace of mind it gets you.

There are alot of scammers on the web.

Wear 'em with PRIDE, y'all.
tonelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2007, 01:00 AM   #19
charles

Quote:

They failed to include the polishing cloth (of which the payment for it was deducted from my VISA as per my recent statement) or even the invoice!!!!

Same here...VERY mixed reviews and they're not responsive at all to emails.
charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2007, 01:04 AM   #20
nko51
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Sub
I Bought His Book "the Rolex Report" And He Seems To Be On The Up And Up.
nko51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2007, 03:03 AM   #21
quinson418
"TRF" Member

I have received my second Rolex leather passport and it didn't have the serial number inside it the first one I have.
I called them and they told me because according to the year it was distributed, some of the serial number and some don't. Anyways, I didn't buy the concept but they were willing to exchange it for me, then of course I had to pay shipping on my own for the return trip.
I sent it back to them last week, still waiting for it to return to me.

Hopefully it will work out when it comes back.
Actually I don't think their prices are that high, if you check out the "Electronic Bay", they pretty much charge the same when you include the "USD$15" or "USD$20" shipping and handling. Plus, they have a pretty good return policy and customer service.
Old 9 February 2007, 03:19 AM   #22
tonelar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seadweller
Quote:
I have received my second Rolex leather passport and it didn't have the serial number inside it the first one I have.
I called them and they told me because according to the year it was distributed, some of the serial number and some don't. Anyways, I didn't buy the concept but they were willing to exchange it for me, then of course I had to pay shipping on my own for the return trip.
I sent it back to them last week, still waiting for it to return to me.

Hopefully it will work out when it comes back.
Actually I don't think their prices are that high, if you check out the "Electronic Bay", they pretty much charge the same when you include the "USD$15" or "USD$20" shipping and handling. Plus, they have a pretty good return policy and customer service.
I've seen both versions of the passport at my gray dealer. I'll bet the later models forgo the serial (reference) number, as all most of his don't have them.

Wear 'em with PRIDE, y'all.
tonelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2007, 09:23 AM   #23
quinson418
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Kris, I have had a pretty experience with them so far.
Like I mentioned above, I had to replace the Leather Passport holder they sent me because it didn't have the serial number. I followed the instructions and mailed it back to them.

Yesterday, I called them about the status of my replacement, the owner said they received it and will shipping it to me tomorrow. To me, they sound like they are really helpful.

Maybe you will want to call them directly.
Old 15 February 2007, 04:25 AM   #24
Kris
Banned

Update: 02/14/07

So I managed to get a hold of someone at QualityTyme on 02/08/07 sometime around 11:30am.

The person I talked to said they received my email and were shipping out the polishing cloth 02/09/07. They also confirmed this via an email response to my last email.

They said that they were having some issues with their computers and that shipping and sales processing was being done manual due to this technical glitch.

I'll give another update once I get the cloth.

So far, this small purchase has taken almost a month to get processed.

Had it been done right the first time, I would have had everything in 5 business days.
Old 15 February 2007, 04:34 AM   #25
charles

Quote:
Update: 02/14/07

So I managed to get a hold of someone at QualityTyme on 02/08/07 sometime around 11:30am.

The person I talked to said they received my email and were shipping out the polishing cloth 02/09/07. They also confirmed this via an email response to my last email.

They said that they were having some issues with their computers and that shipping and sales processing was being done manual due to this technical glitch.

I'll give another update once I get the cloth.

So far, this small purchase has taken almost a month to get processed.

Had it been done right the first time, I would have had everything in 5 business days.
I ordered a strap from them that they said would take a few weeks. After many emails to them, most of which were not returned, and 2 months later...still no strap. Finally canceled the order because I got tired of waiting. Oh and they were happy to take my order/money (and still taking orders) for the item which they don't have in stock...no mention on the site "out of stock".
charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2007, 05:27 PM   #26
Kris
Banned

Quote:

Final Update: February 16, 2007

So I came home from work today and found an envelope from QualityTyme in my mailbox.

Yes, they finally delivered my Rolex Polishing cloth and included a copy of the invoice with the delivery.

Took a while (3 weeks), but it turned out ok.
Old 17 February 2007, 06:31 PM   #27
ROLEX4EvEr
"TRF" Member

Watch: My Back
Mikey Can I get a Anchor also, I always lose at youre contest lol
ROLEX4EvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2007, 08:59 AM   #28
quinson418
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Kris, I have had a pretty experience with them so far.
Like I mentioned above, I had to replace the Leather Passport holder they sent me because it didn't have the serial number. I followed the instructions and mailed it back to them.

Yesterday, I called them about the status of my replacement, the owner said they received it and will shipping it to me tomorrow. To me, they sound like they are really helpful.

Maybe you will want to call them directly.
Updated:

After two weeks of waiting, checking my mailbox everyday for the past week, I finally called he (John) again to see if they shipped out the passport holder I wanted to replace.

As I recall, he should of shipped it 2 weeks ago, and now just off the phone with him, he told me he still has my shipment in hand and he opened it while I was on the phone. I was thinking to myself, nice, so you never actually looked at it.

So he told me he was out of 10 days and he just got back, so somebody probably missed it. On top of that, he told me there was a serial number in the passport holder I sent back and he is going to send the same one back to me. In fact I am 100% sure there was no serial number on the one I sent back, so I asked him to replace it no matter if there is a serial number on it or not, but he insists to ship the original back. I got really unhappy about it, and told me would I waste my time to go to the post office and shipping fee if I didn't double check?

After a couple times of pointing out my request, he said he will replace that one and ship another one to me. Hopefully this will go out. I am actually quite pissed with the service, even worse than dealing with Ebay sellers as I can at least write a negative comment.

Anyways, maybe you want to think twice with their service. An author writing books isn't always the best seller.
Old 28 February 2007, 04:45 PM   #29
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

I have never purchased anything from this website but if I wanted to i probably would.
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote