The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 June 2024, 04:26 AM   #1
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

Signing up on a list at two different Rolex AD's OK?

Quick question, if I have two separate jewelers (different comapines) within 30 miles of each other, is it OK to get on the list of each AD? Will the other know I signed up with the first one?

I signed up at my first AD a year and a half ago, it's a small jeweler that's a ROLEX AD. The second is a much larger jewelry store in a major mall, I stopped in and signed up a few weeks ago.

Is this a problem? Will they know I stopped at the other dealer? Will it hurt my chances?
Ferrari-F430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 04:46 AM   #2
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
I’d sign up at more personally. If you want something, broaden your chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 04:47 AM   #3
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

No, you will be blacklisted from the ENTIRE Rolex world.

You HAVE to go grey now, no other recourse.

You fate is sealed, the die is cast, you've made your choice, now suffer the consequences.

/s
Old 29 June 2024, 04:52 AM   #4
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsdorfNDavis View Post
No, you will be blacklisted from the ENTIRE Rolex world.

You HAVE to go grey now, no other recourse.

You fate is sealed, the die is cast, you've made your choice, now suffer the consequences.

/s
haha no reason to be a dick
Old 29 June 2024, 04:53 AM   #5
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

You can walk into as many ADs as you like and ask for anything you like. I don't know the law in the US, in the UK ADs cannot share your information with anyone by law. It is legal for an AD who is part of a retail chain (e.g. WOS) to put your information on central database shared by the whole retail chain.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 05:13 AM   #6
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Of course it’s ok
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 05:13 AM   #7
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

Just seemed as though the sign up process was computerized and I've heard that Rolex does not want to award multiple watches to one person.. and a logical way of doing that would be to cross reference AD's customers via computer in some way.

Thank you for clarifying things... being on one list long term then signing up with another local dealer I seemed to get a strange response from my first dealer when I visited. Just must have been an off day... :)
Old 29 June 2024, 05:14 AM   #8
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Watch out, you might get flagged in the database.

Once that happens, they come for any Rolexes you or your family might have.
HHIslander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 05:32 AM   #9
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

I like the sarcasm here, really makes asking questions worth it. It's almost like walking into a AD!!
Old 29 June 2024, 05:33 AM   #10
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHIslander View Post
Watch out, you might get flagged in the database.

Once that happens, they come for any Rolexes you or your family might have.
Oh no!! What will I do now?
Old 29 June 2024, 05:56 AM   #11
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

The AD will ask why you are not establishing a relationship with your local AD. And as long as you have a good answer, other than you not getting any watches from them, you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
amphr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 06:02 AM   #12
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphr1 View Post
The AD will ask why you are not establishing a relationship with your local AD. And as long as you have a good answer, other than you not getting any watches from them, you should be fine.

This is a (relatively) big city and both are considered to be "local".
Old 29 June 2024, 06:31 AM   #13
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari-F430 View Post
Quick question, if I have two separate jewelers (different comapines) within 30 miles of each other, is it OK to get on the list of each AD? Will the other know I signed up with the first one?

I signed up at my first AD a year and a half ago, it's a small jeweler that's a ROLEX AD. The second is a much larger jewelry store in a major mall, I stopped in and signed up a few weeks ago.

Is this a problem? Will they know I stopped at the other dealer? Will it hurt my chances?

No! You’re good!

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 06:35 AM   #14
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
I was told at a Mayor's store that I could switch registration from one Mayor's store to another, but I would only be registered at one. Must be their corporate policy.

So Rolex allows registration at multiple ADs? You mean I could get seven GMTs in a year?
Old 29 June 2024, 06:36 AM   #15
173rdabn
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 216570 Explorer II
I find it hard to believe you'd even ask that question. Of course it's OK. Good grief (to quote good ol' Charlie Brown).
173rdabn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 07:27 AM   #16
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 173rdabn View Post
I find it hard to believe you'd even ask that question. Of course it's OK. Good grief (to quote good ol' Charlie Brown).
The registration system was very similar in paperwork and how they took my requested watches at both places. They certainly have some type of registry with Rolex.. which, without being too critical, could possibly be shared to prevent people from getting multiple watches.

What I find crazy is the whole process at a Rolex AD- the games and treatment to get a watch. Why is it too far to think that AD's may compare those on the fulfillment lists that match requests on other fulfillment lists?
Old 29 June 2024, 07:31 AM   #17
DAGMoney
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Two-tone Sub
Definitely - go for it. It's really the very best way to increase your chances of actually getting what you want in more reasonable time.

My guess is that unless there is a business relationship between ADs, they don't share customers info among themselves. Would you?
DAGMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 07:37 AM   #18
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:
The registration system was very similar in paperwork and how they took my requested watches at both places. They certainly have some type of registry with Rolex.. which, without being too critical, could possibly be shared to prevent people from getting multiple watches.

What I find crazy is the whole process at a Rolex AD- the games and treatment to get a watch. Why is it too far to think that AD's may compare those on the fulfillment lists that match requests on other fulfillment lists?
It's not. I appreciate you asking the question. There are huge chains, and many watch stores owned by a larger parent company, often unbeknownst to the buyer. And then there is Rolex themselves. The process of sharing info isn't formulaic, and fluctuating market forces impact the variables involved.

Enjoy the weekend.
Old 29 June 2024, 08:11 AM   #19
Easy E

Quote:
I like the sarcasm here, really makes asking questions worth it. It's almost like walking into a AD!!
Almost
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 08:14 AM   #20
aboutime
"TRF" Member

Definitely increase yours chances by signing up 2 or more ADs. The challenge may be finding the time to build a relationship with multiple ADs, depending on how much time you have. signing up is one thing, but it’s the ongoing drop ins and potential other purchases you make that will enhance your chances of getting the piece you want.
aboutime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 04:53 PM   #21
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
You can walk into as many ADs as you like and ask for anything you like. I don't know the law in the US, in the UK ADs cannot share your information with anyone by law. It is legal for an AD who is part of a retail chain (e.g. WOS) to put your information on central database shared by the whole retail chain.
This is from an email sent by goldsmiths:

“ • If multiple registrations are made by any one client for the same model in different showrooms within our Group, all registrations of interest for that client will be cancelled.”

I believe the registration of interest for a maximum of three models per client is shared across the whole WOS group.

This doesn’t apply to the OPs query re independent ADs.
drrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 05:11 PM   #22
IFlyPlanes
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphr1 View Post

That’s absurd. I straight up told my AD I shop other ADs because I’ll give my business to the one that wants to exchange money for a product.

These people play games day in and day out and I’ll go to whoever earned my business.

She said the owner may not like that but she didn’t care and got me the watch I was there for 3 days later.

Relationships have to work both ways. I’ve bought from 5 ADs in 2 years and have always called to take myself off the list at the ones that couldn’t get me the watch.
IFlyPlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 06:11 PM   #23
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:

Look ADs are just shops that sells watches nothing more, so if you wanted too you could sign up to every Rolex AD list on this planet.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 08:49 PM   #24
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Yep all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 08:50 PM   #25
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your purchase
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2024, 10:31 PM   #26
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
No issues. Sign up with as many AD's that will take your information. Good luc.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 01:36 AM   #27
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

I am registered with 5 AD’s. 3 in NYC, 1 in Boca and 1 in Miami. Over the past 2 years I have bought 6 Rolexes and 1 Tudor from 3 of the AD’s. I keep stopping by and saying hello and am a big Rolex fan and I express that with them and share pics of my collection. Sometimes they surprise me and sometimes I get my ask within a few months.

Sub TT bluesy, Sky Dweller TT black dial, GMT root beer, GMT zombie, 36mm Datejust TT RG diamonds, Tudor BB burgundy bezel, and last week the 2024 YG jubilee bracelet Sky Dweller black dial….big wish win.
Old 30 June 2024, 02:45 AM   #28
Cassian739

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crown View Post
I am registered with 5 AD’s. 3 in NYC, 1 in Boca and 1 in Miami. Over the past 2 years I have bought 6 Rolexes and 1 Tudor from 3 of the AD’s. I keep stopping by and saying hello and am a big Rolex fan and I express that with them and share pics of my collection. Sometimes they surprise me and sometimes I get my ask within a few months.

Sub TT bluesy, Sky Dweller TT black dial, GMT root beer, GMT zombie, 36mm Datejust TT RG diamonds, Tudor BB burgundy bezel, and last week the 2024 YG jubilee bracelet Sky Dweller black dial….big wish win.
Similar for me, I have relationships at ADs in NorCal, SoCal, NYC and NJ. Some are Bucherer locations, and the Bucherer locations don't seem to care as long as I'm keeping money in the Bucherer / Rolex family. It's a simple relationship: exchange money for watches, be kind and show gratitude, and never ever flip.
Cassian739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 10:45 AM   #29
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
The ADs will use Rolex’s AD internal network to out you and ye shall be forever banned!
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2024, 11:12 AM   #30
77T

Signing up on a list at two different Rolex AD's OK?

On the whole, I'd say it increases your chances of getting the watch you want in the same way buying 2 Powerball tickets does - infinitesimally.

Rolex has an intranet and the software may seem the same at a dealer, but dealers don't share their CRM system or data with other dealers (with the exception of chains like WOS or Mayors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote