The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 19 October 2023, 11:23 AM   #1
Easy E
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Service Woes, I’m crying over here

I have a Breitling Corvair GMT chrono that went in for service back in May, took just over 3 months. Had it back for less than three weeks, same problem. Sent it back and just recently got a service update that they expect the repair to be completed March 24 - geez.

Have a Parmigiani that I had for two days that went in a month ago. Apparently that one went back to Switzerland and just got word expected return 2nd week in December - just short of 4 months.

Rough times in the Easy watch box. No other point, just crying about it. That’s all.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 11:38 AM   #2
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

I'm sorry for your misfortune. To broaden the perspective, I congratulate you to cry for your very reason. It's a privilege to worry about watches over what's going on in the world.
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 11:41 AM   #3
Easy E

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
I'm sorry for your misfortune. To broaden the perspective, I congratulate you to cry for your very reason. It's a privilege to worry about watches over what's going on in the world.
This is true. In the grand scheme of things it’s no real issue.
Old 19 October 2023, 01:11 PM   #4
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear about your problems, some brands care more about timely service than others. Thanks for the info, we now know which have long delays.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 09:29 PM   #5
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Sorry it is taking so long. I have had my own experiences with service and while most of them are good some leave a lot to be desired. Service times are always the leadoff for me.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 10:21 PM   #6
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
I have two Rolex models I have to send in, Im just waiting on the return shipping boxes from RSC Dallas so I feel your pain.
I can't really complain though as they are both haven't been serviced in over ten years.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 11:01 PM   #7
Easy E

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
I have two Rolex models I have to send in, Im just waiting on the return shipping boxes from RSC Dallas so I feel your pain.
I can't really complain though as they are both haven't been serviced in over ten years.
Well, by comparison I have had two Rolex serviced this year the first was exactly 5 weeks to the day, #2 was 4 weeks to the day. Making what will effectively be 10 months on the Breitling and 4 months on the Parmigiani seem like a bad joke.
Old 19 October 2023, 11:19 PM   #8
Calatrava r

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
With all due respect, what is going on in the world and any other horrible thing someone can ponder on, is no excuse for the many watch companies who offer poor servicing of their timepieces with unreasonably long delays. It really takes the fun out of the whole experience. I think most people would pay more for a better quicker service experience, if that is what it takes.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2023, 01:09 AM   #9
le_baron
"TRF" Member

With the old "misery loves company" adage in mind, I'll share my own service woe. I have a Glashutte Original Panoreserve that I wear maybe twice a week. I wound the watch last month and, right after it started to run, it made disconcerting snap noise and stopped running. I dropped the watch off at Tourneau three few weeks ago to be sent to G.O. I still have not yet received the preliminary diagnosis and estimate
Old 24 October 2023, 02:18 AM   #10
RTG

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
With all due respect, what is going on in the world and any other horrible thing someone can ponder on, is no excuse for the many watch companies who offer poor servicing of their timepieces with unreasonably long delays. It really takes the fun out of the whole experience. I think most people would pay more for a better quicker service experience, if that is what it takes.
Agreed.
Old 24 October 2023, 04:43 AM   #11
vitalsigns
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
+1

Measured by the "what is going on in the world" standard, no one could really ever express frustration over anything.

There are a litany of tragedies and problems each and every day in the world, so no thanks to the moralizing. And it's a standard no one could ever live up to, so also no thanks to the hypocrisy.
vitalsigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2023, 08:43 PM   #12
WaTmAn
"TRF" Member

I also hate waiting for it to return.
That's why I'm turned off into sending in my Royal Oak to AP for service cause I heard it can take from 6-12 months :-/
WaTmAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2023, 10:16 PM   #13
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Wait, AP takes 6 months for just a normal standard service ???

Guess the real question is, why do various 'high-end' mechanical timepiece companies outright refuse to move watchmakers from their product line to their service department? It makes it seem like they are far more interested in selling for profit versus taking care of their ongoing customer base? Certainly, that's not the way to operate a proper luxury goods company imho.

Thanks for the info WaTmAn, AP in now another brand to write off.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.

Old 25 October 2023, 09:26 AM   #14
Easy E

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post

Guess the real question is, why do various 'high-end' mechanical timepiece companies outright refuse to move watchmakers from their product line to their service department? It makes it seem like they are far more interested in selling for profit versus taking care of their ongoing customer base? Certainly, that's not the way to operate a proper luxury goods company imho.
A most salient point. It is quite frustrating to spend good money on an expensive watch and have it sit at the SC for months. It’s really not a great vibe for a luxury product. Yet, it seems to be generally accepted in this market space. If I were the Swiss king for a day this is one area I would address across all brands. Fix your junk or off with your heads.
Old 25 October 2023, 10:59 AM   #15
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Easy E, you are now King, make it happen.

The great thing about true luxury manufacturersi is they value customer service to a top-tier level. This is a major part of what separates the best manufacturers and watchmakers from the mediocre. Plus word does gets out nowadays, so there's that.

Old 25 October 2023, 12:09 PM   #16
Easy E

It is now decreed
Old 25 October 2023, 02:54 PM   #17
brandnew2
"TRF" Member

Quote:

For what it's worth (and I realize this may be region-dependent as the other poster seemed to be in the EU) - AP's service center in the US (Clearwater) has a pretty good reputation for turnaround times among the collectors I know, and I definitely wouldn't take a single post as a reason to write off the brand. Sent my RO in for service not long ago and got it back less than a month and a half later - far faster than I've experienced with quite a few other brands, both indies and big brands alike. Other friends who have had service encounters with AP in the US seem to have had similarly smooth experiences. There's always the odd horror story you hear about (you can peruse the AP forum here for some examples), but those people always tend to be more vocal/visible and not necessarily representative of the experience of most.
brandnew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 07:07 PM   #18
le_baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTmAn View Post
I also hate waiting for it to return.
That's why I'm turned off into sending in my Royal Oak to AP for service cause I heard it can take from 6-12 months :-/
Quote:

I sent my RO (15500) in for a full service earlier this year. It was covered by the factory warranty and returned to me about a month later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnew2 View Post
For what it's worth (and I realize this may be region-dependent as the other poster seemed to be in the EU) - AP's service center in the US (Clearwater) has a pretty good reputation for turnaround times among the collectors I know, and I definitely wouldn't take a single post as a reason to write off the brand. Sent my RO in for service not long ago and got it back less than a month and a half later - far faster than I've experienced with quite a few other brands, both indies and big brands alike. Other friends who have had service encounters with AP in the US seem to have had similarly smooth experiences. There's always the odd horror story you hear about (you can peruse the AP forum here for some examples), but those people always tend to be more vocal/visible and not necessarily representative of the experience of most.
Agreed.
Old 25 October 2023, 08:00 PM   #19
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
The "perspective" comes off as Pompous.
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 10:43 PM   #20
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_baron View Post
I sent my RO (15500) in for a full service earlier this year. It was covered by the factory warranty and returned to me about a month later.
Thx and YES, that is excellent service times. Huge thx for posting

Old 25 October 2023, 10:47 PM   #21
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Have we become more complacent since covid?

I guess maybe a watch that has to go back to the motherland takes a bit longer …. But still too long IMHO.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2023, 08:39 AM   #22
Easy E

Quote:
Easy E, you are now King, make it happen.
As my dominion evaporates with the setting sun, my watch lordship ends in disgrace. None of my Kingly decrees have been heeded, threats scoffed, service demands mocked, and alas my Parmigiani remains dungeoned. No parades or dancing minstrels either. My number was called and King Easy wiffed. Back to AAA, back to king school. This king for a day deal was a jip. Next time....next time, my friends.