The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 26 May 2021, 09:07 AM   #1
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Things Change

For the first time in 30 years I have no Omega in my collection. I had a nice offer and sold them. I know everything can change in the future but my interest in watches is slowly going away. Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't know.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 10:23 AM   #2
OrangeKenny
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 Polar
The only constant in life is change.
OrangeKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 10:37 AM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Someone get this man a new watch, quickly!!!
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 10:43 AM   #4
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeKenny View Post
The only constant in life is change.
Old 26 May 2021, 10:45 AM   #5
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Someone get this man a new watch, quickly!!!

I'm unloading not only watches my friend. I've donated a ton of clothes and shoes, threw away a lot of things I never used and I sold at least a thousand CDs and vinyls. Only kept what I really love. It's a nice feeling.
Old 26 May 2021, 10:59 AM   #6
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Less is more, Flavio. It seems as if you're following your heart and doing what's best. These "things" could always be replaced for the most part later down if you so desire.

In times like these it's even more clear what matters most.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 11:04 AM   #7
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Less is more, Flavio. It seems as if you're following your heart and doing what's best. These "things" could always be replaced for the most part later down if you so desire.

In times like these it's even more clear what matters most.
Exactly my friend. I lost 10kg as well. Working out and eating less. Setting my priorities straight it seems.
Old 26 May 2021, 11:18 AM   #8
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Flavio, I have done similar in the past 2 years. I have liquidated several collections, gifted some and slowly cut down to my favorite things. I have a 10th of what I used too. And I am much happier. I enjoy the things I have now much more with a deeper meaning. It's true, less is more.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 11:56 AM   #9
Greglaw
Banned

Me, too, have my 2 cwc watches, seiko sla033 and seiko 3861, and very happy. Pared down my wardrobe...focus, and minimalizing and very happy.
Greglaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 08:00 PM   #10
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greglaw View Post
Me, too, have my 2 cwc watches, seiko sla033 and seiko 3861, and very happy. Pared down my wardrobe...focus, and minimalizing and very happy.
Old 26 May 2021, 08:00 PM   #11
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
Flavio, I have done similar in the past 2 years. I have liquidated several collections, gifted some and slowly cut down to my favorite things. I have a 10th of what I used too. And I am much happier. I enjoy the things I have now much more with a deeper meaning. It's true, less is more.
I know what you mean my friend. We need to change things a bit sometimes and it feels great.
Old 26 May 2021, 08:12 PM   #12
Rochester585
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post

I'm unloading not only watches my friend. I've donated a ton of clothes and shoes, threw away a lot of things I never used and I sold at least a thousand CDs and vinyls. Only kept what I really love. It's a nice feeling.
the last time i moved, i was so overwhelmed with all my collections and stuff, that i pared down to a simple car load. granted the car was stuffed to the gills lol but it all fit. ive been a minimalist ever since, i cant stand clutter.

i more or less live my life like a cartoon character now, wear more or less the same clothes everyday (i have multiples of what i like, im clean lol)

its less exciting this way, but it really keeps things simple and hopefully allows you to focus on the the things that matter day to day..im really trying my very best to be a good husband and stepfather

another perk of this lifestyle is you will save money and when it is time to make a splash, i typically have no guilt or shame and my family can never say im selfish because its rare that i treat myself, although when i do, the cost is usually high lol, we all do share expensive hobbies and tastes here on this forum
Rochester585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 08:26 PM   #13
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester585 View Post
the last time i moved, i was so overwhelmed with all my collections and stuff, that i pared down to a simple car load. granted the car was stuffed to the gills lol but it all fit. ive been a minimalist ever since, i cant stand clutter.

i more or less live my life like a cartoon character now, wear more or less the same clothes everyday (i have multiples of what i like, im clean lol)

its less exciting this way, but it really keeps things simple and hopefully allows you to focus on the the things that matter day to day..im really trying my very best to be a good husband and stepfather

another perk of this lifestyle is you will save money and when it is time to make a splash, i typically have no guilt or shame and my family can never say im selfish because its rare that i treat myself, although when i do, the cost is usually high lol, we all do share expensive hobbies and tastes here on this forum
Great post. Thanks for sharing. I had too many watches, too many stuff I didn't use and now that I lost weight and I need to buy new pants lol
Old 26 May 2021, 08:33 PM   #14
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Don’t get me started my friend ... my wife’s been on this Marie Kondo kick... she threw out half the house

https://www.onekingslane.com/live-lo...ook-declutter/

In all seriousness though, it actually does feel really good to pair down and get back to basics.

In terms of watches, I too have trimmed the collection and am now down to 3. I could see myself getting done to 2 eventually.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 08:37 PM   #15
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Don’t get me started my friend ... my wife’s been on this Marie Kondo kick... she threw out half the house

In all seriousness though, it actually does feel really good to pair down and get back to basics.

In terms of watches, I too have trimmed the collection and am now down to 3. I could see myself getting done to 2 eventually.
lol. I went from 30 to something around 20 my friend. Still too many and I'll give some away as gifts. Less is more indeed.
Old 26 May 2021, 08:56 PM   #16
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good for you. Glad you are doing as you want. I move through phases but am not there yet for the two or three watch collection. Maybe, one day.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 09:00 PM   #17
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Good for you. Glad you are doing as you want. I move through phases but am not there yet for the two or three watch collection. Maybe, one day.
Thanks my friend. I know you have a large collection and they're all great.
Old 26 May 2021, 09:02 PM   #18
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Hey Flavio, we've been on the forum for a while now and I think its natural for our interest to die down a bit as this place is quite all consuming, mine has died down too to some extent, at least with Rolex and the main brands. Same for sports betting with me, another hobby I was into it big time for a few years, then took a couple of years off and now with lockdown I've been going back in and enjoying the thrill of chasing a winner again.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 09:12 PM   #19
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
We need to get you to an Omega boutique STAT!
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 09:13 PM   #20
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
We need to get you to an Omega boutique STAT!
Old 26 May 2021, 09:14 PM   #21
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Hey Flavio, we've been on the forum for a while now and I think its natural for our interest to die down a bit as this place is quite all consuming, mine has died down too to some extent, at least with Rolex and the main brands. Same for sports betting with me, another hobby I was into it big time for a few years, then took a couple of years off and now with lockdown I've been going back in and enjoying the thrill of chasing a winner again.
It's been a while we've been hanging around here my friend. You even longer than me. It's natural to change but this is the strongest urge to unload things I've had in decades and I'm sure it has something to do with what happened to us all. I subscribe many newspapers on line and read them all everyday, and I almost only watch news channels on TV when I'm home so it's not hard to understand the wish to change the personal life to some extent.
Old 26 May 2021, 10:15 PM   #22
Mac-427
"TRF" Member

I'm down to to two from a five Rolex collection. I now have a Seamaster 300M and AV-8 P-51 Mustang. I recently grabbed the P-51 watch because I got a bucket list flight on a real P-51. Quite a thrill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seamaster.jpg (97.5 KB, 416 views)
File Type: jpg Resized p-51.jpg (222.6 KB, 412 views)
File Type: jpg P-51 Watch.jpg (114.8 KB, 412 views)
Mac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 10:51 PM   #23
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-427 View Post
I'm down to to two from a five Rolex collection. I now have a Seamaster 300M and AV-8 P-51 Mustang. I recently grabbed the P-51 watch because I got a bucket list flight on a real P-51. Quite a thrill.
Old 27 May 2021, 12:50 AM   #24
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:
For the first time in 30 years I have no Omega in my collection. I had a nice offer and sold them. I know everything can change in the future but my interest in watches is slowly going away. Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't know.
You have to do what's right for you at the time.

I find I'm not as excited about watches as I used to be. (Rolex have helped me with this as I'm not keen on most of their current models and can't buy the ones I like!!)
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 12:52 AM   #25
ratty
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I should REALLY listen to this. I could do with getting rid of some 'unnecessaries'.
Old 27 May 2021, 12:56 AM   #26
ratty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Exactly my friend. I lost 10kg as well. Working out and eating less. Setting my priorities straight it seems.
Do you fancy becoming my life mentor?

I would like to loose weight but I haven't got the will power, chocolate biscuits taste SO NICE!!!
Old 27 May 2021, 01:54 AM   #27
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Out of curiosity do you wear a smart watch at all or bare wrists now?
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 02:05 AM   #28
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post

I think the Kondo method would fail to declutter watches for me. I'd pick up every watch and say it sparks joy.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 02:09 AM   #29
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
You have to do what's right for you at the time.

I find I'm not as excited about watches as I used to be. (Rolex have helped me with this as I'm not keen on most of their current models and can't buy the ones I like!!)
Old 27 May 2021, 02:10 AM   #30
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post

Genuinely curious, what would you keep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote