The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 26 March 2019, 09:21 AM   #1
northland0
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675
Vintage constellation -- suddenly wildly off time

I've owned my 70's pie-pan constellation for close to 4 years now, and while I've noticed that it has started to lose time a little more than at the beginning (now at losing ~30s / day) -- it never really bothered me.

Then I woke up on Saturday with the time significantly ahead the accurate hour, and over the course of weekend determined it is now running +2hrs/day.

This is a wildly significant departure (and in the wrong direction) -- and wondering if anyone has guidance on:
1. Any NYC-based watch repair locations (have brought to Central Watch in the past, but open to other recommendations).
2. What could have caused this, and approximate cost [which #1 will actually be able to answer, but welcome guesses]

northland0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 10:02 PM   #2
northland0
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1675
Also appears to have accelerated overnight from +7seconds / minute to +9seconds / minute, despite getting towards end of power reserve

Read elsewhere that it has likely become magnetized -- so will just bring to a local shop to get it degaussed
northland0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 07:45 AM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
It's magnetized. Central Watch can probably take care of that while you wait.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2019, 09:10 PM   #4
janice&fred
Banned

Watch: all of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by northland0 View Post
Also appears to have accelerated overnight from +7seconds / minute to +9seconds / minute, despite getting towards end of power reserve

Read elsewhere that it has likely become magnetized -- so will just bring to a local shop to get it degaussed
either that or some oil got stuck to the hair spring. whatever it is would be related to the balance and not a big deal to straighten out as it's basically right in front of the tech's eyes once the back is unscrewed.
janice&fred is offline   Reply With Quote