The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old Today, 08:00 AM   #1
Il-Re
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT2
Rubber Bezel - Alignment Issue?

Just wondered if anyone could give some context and thoughts on something I noticed on a watch I purchased. It’s a Bulgari Diagono Chronograph, great watch, I think these are really underrated.

One thing I noticed however is that on the rubber bezel of the one I purchased, the bezel itself has a wider gap between the actual rubber part and the metal inner ring (pointed out using the arrows on the images - green where there's a gap, red where its closer). The one I purchased is the first image, the chrono with white panda dial. It seems that the way this is installed is through the back off the watch where it is screwed in (like a royal oak). Do you think this is normal? I did view some watches in a dealership and looked at pictures online and it does appear other new watches also have this issue. Does strike me as strange as it’s not like these are handmade, do you think this is a QC issue or am I overthinking it/making a big deal out of nothing. My view is they are still relatively expensive watches so I wouldn’t expect this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b1.JPG (89.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg b2.JPG (123.1 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg b3.JPG (135.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg b4.JPG (72.8 KB, 33 views)
Old Today, 04:21 PM   #2
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
These are fashion watches and frankly people who buy these watches just buy it for its logo and don't bother too much for qc. However since all your photos show the gap either its a design or some photography angle making the gap look uneven.

These watches probably not even made in swiss , just an eta movement slapped on snap on caseback. Most of the body would be made in china or far east nation.
Old Today, 05:25 PM   #3
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajurama View Post
These are fashion watches and frankly people who buy these watches just buy it for its logo and don't bother too much for qc. However since all your photos show the gap either its a design or some photography angle making the gap look uneven.

These watches probably not even made in swiss , just an eta movement slapped on snap on caseback. Most of the body would be made in china or far east nation.
Bvlgari does its own in-house case manufacture in Saignelégier, Switzerland.
Old Today, 07:25 PM   #4
Il-Re
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajurama View Post

I disagree with the statement they make fashion watches, the octo line and especially the finissimo is high level watch making. The Diagono line is more entry level but they have had inhouse movements in the past. Whether you like or dislike the Bulgari Bulgari bezel, that is a Gerald Genta design. I can tell you for sure having handled many Bulgari watches the quality is generally very good, I have a Diagono Scuba and the metal work holds up next to a Royal Oak.

Definitely not the angle or pics, the variance is there, could just be poor design on this part of the watch. I did notice that even some rubber clad royal oak offshores can have the issue (to a less noticeable degree).