The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 30 November 2015, 06:24 AM   #1
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Many
Dented Speedmaster Bezel

Hi guys,
It's been a while since posting on the vaunted Omega forum, but good to be back!
As the title states, I somehow (honestly, I have NO idea how, as I took it out a couple days ago and noticed it) have dented the bezel on my 1989 Speedmaster Pro. As you can see its right around the 130 mark.
My question is, is there anything you guys can recommend doing as far as fixing, smoothing out the dent, etc.? I'd love to not start a search for a replacement, but that dent is all I see when I look at it! And, on a side note, is it bad enough to decrease the watch's value with any significance?

As always, thanks so much, guy!

Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6683.jpg (56.0 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6684.jpg (70.1 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6685.jpg (73.5 KB, 195 views)
Kingface66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 06:27 AM   #2
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
I had a similar issue on mine a watchmaker polished a little and it was good to go you can get replacement if still bothers you -i m sure ofrei still have it on stock

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 06:41 AM   #3
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

George,
Thanks much for the reply. I wasn't sure if polishing was a consideration, as it appears that the rim of the bezel seems to be pushed inward, possibly being the reason the bezel seems to be pulling away from the insert around the 125 and 145 marks, which got me thinking that fixing it might require pushing it back outward...if that makes sense.
Old 30 November 2015, 06:48 AM   #4
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
George,
Thanks much for the reply. I wasn't sure if polishing was a consideration, as it appears that the rim of the bezel seems to be pushed inward, possibly being the reason the bezel seems to be pulling away from the insert around the 125 and 145 marks, which got me thinking that fixing it might require pushing it back outward...if that makes sense.

I see now-i m on phone-well give a chance to a watchmaker and check the price at ofrei i doubt it cost more than $200 or you may can find one on ebay.

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 09:16 AM   #5
tylerad1
"TRF" Member

Weld & grind. 😜
tylerad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2015, 03:10 PM   #6
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
The dent appears to have lifted the Tach insert and there's a gap underneath that will fill with crud. A replacement bezel is just over $200 and is very easy to have swapped. If it were mine, I'd go ahead and replace the crystal and gasket too.
Old 1 December 2015, 12:58 AM   #7
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
The dent appears to have lifted the Tach insert and there's a gap underneath that will fill with crud. A replacement bezel is just over $200 and is very easy to have swapped. If it were mine, I'd go ahead and replace the crystal and gasket too.
Thanks for the advice and info, mate. Just to be clear, are you suggesting getting a replacement bezel only, and using the insert I already have, or replacing both. I only ask as I've seen bezel and inserts for sale, as well as just inserts, but, regrettably, no bezels alone.
And to that end, are the inserts on Speedmaster Pros. removed the same way they are on Submariners: popped out with pressure and pushed back in the same manner, or is it a more complex operation?

Thanks much!
Old 1 December 2015, 01:06 AM   #8
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
I suggest buying a new bezel with the insert already in it. I have observed that it is highly uncommon to swap inserts on the Speedmaster.
Old 1 December 2015, 01:11 AM   #9
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS Dean View Post
I suggest buying a new bezel with the insert already in it. I have observed that it is highly uncommon to swap inserts on the Speedmaster.
Understood. Will begin the hunt!