The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 March 2024, 07:24 PM   #1
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Everest EH5BLK Strap Does Not Fit Sub 116610 Well

A few years ago, I picked up the Everest EH5BLK strap with buckle for the 116610 Submariner.

The spring bars included with the strap have a smaller tip than the Rolex stock spring bars. Thus, when the strap is installed, the Everest spring bars are a little loose inside the case holes on the Submariner. TRFers said that over time the loose Everest spring bars would create extra wear inside the case holes.

But, if you install the strap with the stock Rolex spring bars, then where the strap meets the case, the strap pushes up into the bezel and doesn't let the bezel turn freely.

When I talked with Everest, they said I could use the Rolex or Everest spring bars with the strap, and that's all they offered.

Here at TRF I was told my choices were:

1) Use the smaller-tipped Everest spring bars and accept case hole wear over time.

2) Use the Rolex stock spring bars, and live with the strap pushing tightly into the bezel and the bezel not being able to turn smoothly (and any issues over time).

3) Use the Rolex stock spring bars, and use a knife to shave the strap so it doesn't press up tightly into the bezel.

Has Everest fixed the strap or spring bars in the past several years so that it fits the Sub without risking case hole wear or causing the bezel not to turn?

Thanks!
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2024, 10:21 PM   #2
Reinhard in SA
"TRF" Member

Might be easier looking for an everest style springbar with thicker tip. I've seen so many variations WRT springbars, I can't imagine what you are looking for isn't out there.
Reinhard in SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 02:12 AM   #3
alex_moreno111
"TRF" Member

Because you're buying the wrong brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by No SUBctitute View Post
A few years ago, I picked up the Everest EH5BLK strap with buckle for the 116610 Submariner.

The spring bars included with the strap have a smaller tip than the Rolex stock spring bars. Thus, when the strap is installed, the Everest spring bars are a little loose inside the case holes on the Submariner. TRFers said that over time the loose Everest spring bars would create extra wear inside the case holes.

But, if you install the strap with the stock Rolex spring bars, then where the strap meets the case, the strap pushes up into the bezel and doesn't let the bezel turn freely.

When I talked with Everest, they said I could use the Rolex or Everest spring bars with the strap, and that's all they offered.

Here at TRF I was told my choices were:

1) Use the smaller-tipped Everest spring bars and accept case hole wear over time.

2) Use the Rolex stock spring bars, and live with the strap pushing tightly into the bezel and the bezel not being able to turn smoothly (and any issues over time).

3) Use the Rolex stock spring bars, and use a knife to shave the strap so it doesn't press up tightly into the bezel.

Has Everest fixed the strap or spring bars in the past several years so that it fits the Sub without risking case hole wear or causing the bezel not to turn?

Thanks!
This is why Rubber B is in another category above all of the copy companies. The strap references are DEDICATED TO ONE WATCH CASE AND ITS OEM PINS which is why Rubber B straps do not come with aftermarket spring bars and fit the intended watch like a glove. For example, the Rubber B strap for my Submariner will not fit my Daytona. The other companies seem to sell one strap reference for all Rolex sport models such as Daytona AND Sub at the same time. So of course they have to provide after-market spring bars in order to fit the various watch models. But the downside is their fitment is not perfect on most watches (like you are experiencing). Not to mention that the designs are less appealing to me.

While on a cruise stop-over, I visited the Rubber B showroom and saw the level of old-school expertise of this brand, so I can tell you it is simply unbeatable. I do not get the vibe that they are maximizing profit with tactics like the other brands obviously are. As a perfectionist, I only buy rb because I feel that I am getting the true luxury value and Swiss-level calibration for each of my Rolex references, instead of a mickey mouse mixup. Maybe that's why Kevin O'Leary only wears Rubber B.
alex_moreno111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 03:14 AM   #4
WatchGuy1966
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_moreno111 View Post
This is why Rubber B is in another category above all of the copy companies. The strap references are DEDICATED TO ONE WATCH CASE AND ITS OEM PINS which is why Rubber B straps do not come with aftermarket spring bars and fit the intended watch like a glove. For example, the Rubber B strap for my Submariner will not fit my Daytona. The other companies seem to sell one strap reference for all Rolex sport models such as Daytona AND Sub at the same time. So of course they have to provide after-market spring bars in order to fit the various watch models. But the downside is their fitment is not perfect on most watches (like you are experiencing). Not to mention that the designs are less appealing to me.

While on a cruise stop-over, I visited the Rubber B showroom and saw the level of old-school expertise of this brand, so I can tell you it is simply unbeatable. I do not get the vibe that they are maximizing profit with tactics like the other brands obviously are. As a perfectionist, I only buy rb because I feel that I am getting the true luxury value and Swiss-level calibration for each of my Rolex references, instead of a mickey mouse mixup. Maybe that's why Kevin O'Leary only wears Rubber B.

thanks for that rabbit hole journey
WatchGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 03:34 AM   #5
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
RubberB is definitely better than its competitors
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 05:36 AM   #6
alex_moreno111
"TRF" Member

Sorry WatchGuy1966 for my irritating attention to detail. Drives the wife nuts. �� ��
alex_moreno111 is offline   Reply With Quote