The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 03:52 AM   #1
CJL242
"TRF" Member

question on AD here in WI

Hey All,

One of my vendors is very well connected with an AD here in WI close by. He has bought multiple watches and jewelry for his wife there and has connected me with the main sales rep he works for. His boss (owner of the vendor I work with) has done the same. I'm looking for a YG daytona with newman face. That is the one I want and he said i should hold out for it. I went in with my wife and she liked the sales rep woman's 36mm two tone yg explorer. So I told the rep we want both if she can get them. I was hoping this along with my friend connection would help me get the watch I want. So two part question, 1st do you think the above is enough for the AD to get me the YG daytona I want and offer it to me first even though I have no direct buying history with them? Second part will they even think of discounting at all for the two watch package since I want a daytona? Or is it just going to be we got it and now you pay MSRP?

thanks in advance for the help,

Chris
CJL242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:12 AM   #2
Bryan81
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
At this point, buying one Rolex does not help with getting a more desirable Rolex. In most cases, buying non-Rolex items is needed to establish you as a good customer for the AD. They probably have no problem selling almost all the Rolexes they get. Consequently, you also shouldn’t expect a discount off retail price for buying two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bryan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:46 AM   #3
train-time
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL242 View Post
Hey All,

One of my vendors is very well connected with an AD here in WI close by. He has bought multiple watches and jewelry for his wife there and has connected me with the main sales rep he works for. His boss (owner of the vendor I work with) has done the same. I'm looking for a YG daytona with newman face. That is the one I want and he said i should hold out for it. I went in with my wife and she liked the sales rep woman's 36mm two tone yg explorer. So I told the rep we want both if she can get them. I was hoping this along with my friend connection would help me get the watch I want. So two part question, 1st do you think the above is enough for the AD to get me the YG daytona I want and offer it to me first even though I have no direct buying history with them? Second part will they even think of discounting at all for the two watch package since I want a daytona? Or is it just going to be we got it and now you pay MSRP?

thanks in advance for the help,

Chris
Every AD is going to be different, but IMO to answer your questions, the introduction would be no more than a courtesy to talk with you and answer your questions. As far as a bundled discount is concerned.... LOL!

Good luck with the search. Hopefully they come through.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:16 AM   #4
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: GMT's
My feelings........ get in line.

Although these two pieces are not generally sought after and could be doable, especially if it is a chain that can look at overall Company inventory.
Old Today, 10:46 AM   #5
aczaja10
"TRF" Member

I thought I had a decent purchase history at my AD. I was offered several in demand pieces. I bought what I wanted and passed on what I didn’t.

Anyway, I tried introducing 2 friends to my AD to see if I could help them get some pieces they wanted - they wanted 1 each, a SS GMT and a SS Yachtmaster.

I think that upset my AD. My friends did not get what they wanted and I stopped getting offered anything. You live and learn I guess.
aczaja10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #6
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
I don’t think either will be that challenging with an AD introduction from a respected client. I’m betting you will get explorer within 2 months and gold Daytona in 6-12 months. Discount, probably no chance and seems odd in this scenario.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:37 AM   #7
JAJ2349
"TRF" Member

Watch: Fifty Fathoms
No discount, but if it’s a smaller AD, you have a good shot of getting both.
JAJ2349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:28 PM   #8
rangel23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I would guess couple year wait for a YG Daytona . Just picked one up from Schwankee last week . Good luck
rangel23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:17 PM   #9
Alfa2109
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16500LN White Dial
I’ve been dealing with the folks at Schwanke for years, and they are wonderful. But I’ve also been told (gently and kindly) that they don’t offer discounts, at least on Rolexes. Period. Michelle lovers her TT Explorer, and I’m sure she’ll keep an eye out for one for your better half who shares her love of that piece. It’s also a less in demand reference, and more of them than PM Daytonas are made (I’m told). So you’re likely to get the Explorer well before you are offered a YG Daytona, if only because of availability. But neither will be at a discount. And the wait will give you time to buy other things from the store when special occasions and holidays come around. That will help if you want to be offered the Daytona. You also can’t lose buying those other things from Schwanke. Their inventory is of superb quality, and they absolutely stand behind what they sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6329, 16528, 116506, 6175, 326934 (blue), 126719BLRO (meteorite), 1803 (coral stella), AP 26860ST (blue)
Alfa2109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:46 PM   #10
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Daytona is a hard buy for your first Rolex even a PM piece with PN dial. The TT EXP should be no problem. Depends the AD size and if it’s any of the big chains. Those are a NO. The referral from an established client will definitely help. Things are changing and PM models are more available right now which may also help.

The discount is not gonna happen, does not matter how many you buy, that has not happened in a long time, not impossible but very unlikely.

Best of luck,

Cheers,
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote