The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 May 2020, 03:59 PM   #1
PetePap
"TRF" Member

93150 Bracelet Screws. 2 Types?

I just removed a link from the 6 o’clock side of my 93150 bracelet from my 14060M (Y 2002). I did a pretty good job at not messing up the screw for the most part. I did purchase a hollow ground screwdriver but the tip crumbled so it’s not useable anymore. Kinda disappointed about that considering it was a reputable screwdriver from a reputable tool dealer. Anyways...

When I run my finger over the screw on the flat side (the one without the slot in it) it is ever so slightly raised above the link. And I mean ever so slightly. Most non-OCD people would not even notice, lol! It’s the first screw that connects the clasp link to the removable links (red line in the attached pic).

I realize that from the factory they polish the link and screw when it is already together so that they are perfectly flush and have the same luster. So I could always have an AD polish it down. But...

I was looking at the attached bracelet reference guide and was wondering if someone could help verify for me the difference between the 2 screws I’ve identified (with the red box around them). One shows 1.40mm (32-20687) and the other 1.70mm (32-20688).

I wonder if the screw I used was the wrong screw when I re-attached the links? Maybe I mismatched the screws or something? Or is there just one type of screw of the two in the pic used for the links? I cannot figure out the difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

PetePap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 10:39 PM   #2
PetePap
"TRF" Member

I ended up backing the screw out a hair, which seems to have resolved the issue. Must have over torqued it a bit. But still curious to know the difference between the 2 screws in the pic? Anyone know?
Old 13 May 2020, 11:28 PM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetePap View Post

I realize that from the factory they polish the link and screw when it is already together so that they are perfectly flush and have the same luster. So I could always have an AD polish it down. But...
Afraid thats a internet myth most bracelets have different size screws they are not polished flush at factory.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 12:25 AM   #4
PetePap
"TRF" Member

Thanks for clarifying Peter. But I still don’t know the difference between the 2 screws on a 93150 though. Any insight? One is 1.70mm and the other is 1.40mm. Where do each of these go? Do you happen to have a diagram similar to the one you referenced, but for a 93150 by chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 May 2020, 01:14 AM   #5
PetePap
"TRF" Member

Someone has to know the difference between these 2 screws. Anyone?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23 April 2021, 11:26 AM   #6
Rick Deckard
"TRF" Member

Did you ever find the answer to your question?

Lineup: 1601 (SD) - 16030 (SD) - 126334 (BLSO) -116600 - 116610LV Mk.III - 126610LV - 126710BLRO Mk.III (Jubilee/Oyster) - 116500LN-0072 (BD/SD)
Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 04:11 PM   #7
gmb74
"TRF" Member

93150 Screws

Hi Everyone, I went into this dilemma and here is the answer:

When the 93150 bracelet was introduced in 1975 it used 32-20688 screws these are 1.7 mm in diam. shank and threads.

Sometime in the 80's Rolex switched to 32-20687 screws which have same 1.7 mm diam. shank but 1.4 mm diam. threads.

If you have an early 93150 from the 70's you need the 32-20688 screws if you have a modern 93150 from the 90's you need the more common now 32-20687 screws.
If you have a bracelet from the 80's it is better to take out one screw and measure the thread diam or simply look if the threads are clearly slimmer than the shank or are of same diameter.

The original screws maybe hard to find but Rolliworks said manufacture their own at least for the new models and these should be better than unknown types in the market.

Hope this helps.
gmb74 is offline   Reply With Quote