The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 August 2024, 11:44 AM   #1
Rollieplz
"TRF" Member

Current Florida AD Situation

Just wanting to see other Floridians thoughts on the current state of ADs? Specifically Central and North Florida. I’ve been working 3 of them for the last 8 months with two others basically told me to piss off. I’m not complaining because I realize the game is what it is right now but I fell there are just way too many wealthy old guys that have moved down into the state over the last 5 yrs and not enough ADs. You basically have the large Mayors which has a bad rep and a bunch of lower tier mom and pops which tend to be very friendly but get no inventory. One told me they get (8) subs a year with a wait list of almost 80. The others state minimum 2-3 yr wait. I even offered to purchase a very nice diamond ring for the wifey with the watch for our milestone anniversary and that fell on deaf ears. I made a random call to an out of state AD and right of the bat the sales guy offered (3) two tone DJ he had in the case. None I was interested in but at least an offer. Can’t get any kind of offer down here. Inevitable I will have to purchase from a local jewelry, pay the $3k mark up but have it within 2 days and probably save more money anyway buying the ring from there also……..
Rollieplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 07:08 AM   #2
blswan
"TRF" Member

I’ve been on the Tampa Mayors registry for two years. The service isn’t great on top of it, like they want you to piss off. Interesting way to spend 15-20k for sure if they ever get a watch for me.
blswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 07:24 AM   #3
Sephiroth
"TRF" Member

Do yourself a favor, go grey and stop wasting your time. I’ve been waiting over 3 years since my last purchase from an AD. They don’t give a ___ about us. Lots of reputable dealers have exactly what you want.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 07:26 AM   #4
MitchSF
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona, Sub, etc.
I waited around 20 months for my SS Sub, from Hamilton in Palm Beach Gardens.
MitchSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 10:03 AM   #5
BlondesNwatches
"TRF" Member

I've felt that FL is a tough market as well. SAs have been nice, but it's tough to get something you want.
BlondesNwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 10:17 AM   #6
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Love Mayors, and in the next year or two Rolex production may increase combined with markets getting more 'normal'. Been an active enthusiast for decades, but these past few years were just iNsAnE.

Tudor is rockin' some great timepieces

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 10:31 AM   #7
blswan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Do yourself a favor, go grey and stop wasting your time. I’ve been waiting over 3 years since my last purchase from an AD. They don’t give a ___ about us. Lots of reputable dealers have exactly what you want.
I don’t mind paying over for what I want. I’m getting to that point. Hell I paid 20k over to get the 911 I wanted. I just figured I’d have it by now. I was waiting for the DJ41 but I’m now leaning toward a Sky Dweller. Once I decide I’m prob going gray as you said.
blswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 10:41 AM   #8
Krash
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
I bought 3 watches at Underwood’s in Ponte Vedra over the last several years. But I’m not sure what the market is like now. Last watch I bought (GMT BLNR) was about a year ago. I’m not in the market right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 11:12 AM   #9
Goatrope
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 Explorer II
Gave up on the Mayors in Sarasota. I read that they do produce for some folks, but not for me. 2 years on the list and nada. I used to follow-up with a particular SA, but no more. Got my watches in Orlando at a premium. If I were 30 I might have waited, but I wanted to enjoy them now, not when I'm dead. I've had two grandkids since getting on the list.
Old 7 September 2024, 12:34 PM   #10
goheel
"TRF" Member

I’m here in Pensacola, and I’m pretty much given up on my local AD
goheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 10:48 PM   #11
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Maybe the Condo Crisis will start to slow things down at FL ADs. When I read articles about that, it has the feel of being a relatively little thing that most people could ignore that might be the trigger for something bigger. Especially with other signs the economy is cooling.

Just a thought. I'm always wrong, nothing to see here.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2024, 11:05 PM   #12
bjespo
"TRF" Member

I spoke to my AD a few weeks ago here in South Florida and they cant keep the preowned watches in stock (at ridiculously high prices) so demand is still very high in the sunshine state.
bjespo is offline   Reply With Quote