The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 4 May 2014, 04:41 PM   #1
Touring
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Daytona 116520 dial check please

Searching for some dial options for my black dial 116520. Ads for a white dial were a bit limited on TRF so looked at the Bay and found this.

Didn't see any major red flags and good feedback for the seller, but I defer to the pros.

Thanks in advance!
Touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2014, 05:57 AM   #2
Touring

I assume if there were any glaring concerns, one of the experts would have commented.

So hopefully, no news = good news!
Old 6 May 2014, 06:33 AM   #3
nickb732
"TRF" Member

It's been sold. Did you buy it?

Nick
nickb732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2014, 07:54 AM   #4
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

he has sold like 20 of these, how does he get them they are not freely available ? he uses the same photos over and over and the pics they are new you can see by how he shows the packing of the new hands with every dial, i guess thats why he uses the same photo again they are new so no defects, i have to ask how is he selling below cost ?
Old 6 May 2014, 08:09 AM   #5
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

The dial looks different to all the white dials in genuine 116520s that I've just looked at.

I'd not give this seller a penny.
Welshwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2014, 10:32 AM   #6
AS1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263
there are two dials that Rolex currently uses on 116520s, the "single tick" and the "double tick."

I am not anything like as much of an expert as many on this forum, but to me it looks like the genuine single tick dials - no long tick at 27 and 33, extra spacing between the "R" and "A" in "COSMOGRAPH", and the "O" in Oyster Perpetual looks more like 0YSTER. There are other threads on here about the Daytona single tick vs double tick dials.

Can't comment on the other concerns but I do think it visually does not seem to have obvious red flags.
AS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2014, 12:18 PM   #7
Touring

Thanks for all the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb732 View Post
It's been sold. Did you buy it?
Yes. No replies to the thread so I thought I was in the all-clear. Paid by Paypal so I assume if I have my AD review it and it's not authentic, I can (hopefully) recoup my money via buyer protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
he has sold like 20 of these, how does he get them they are not freely available ? he uses the same photos over and over and the pics they are new you can see by how he shows the packing of the new hands with every dial, i guess thats why he uses the same photo again they are new so no defects, i have to ask how is he selling below cost ?
I wondered about that. However, the white dials are not as popular in Japan as they are in the West. So if he somehow is able to regularly source the dials that are submitted for exchange and they're generally all mint, I'd probably use the same photos as well...unless there was a significant difference in the current item being sold.

As for the cost, my understanding was that Rolex charges around $450 for a dial so the price is not too far off; if anything, I'm overpaying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
The dial looks different to all the white dials in genuine 116520s that I've just looked at.

I'd not give this seller a penny.
What seems incorrect about this dial to you? Interested in your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS1 View Post
there are two dials that Rolex currently uses on 116520s, the "single tick" and the "double tick."

I am not anything like as much of an expert as many on this forum, but to me it looks like the genuine single tick dials - no long tick at 27 and 33, extra spacing between the "R" and "A" in "COSMOGRAPH", and the "O" in Oyster Perpetual looks more like 0YSTER. There are other threads on here about the Daytona single tick vs double tick dials.

Can't comment on the other concerns but I do think it visually does not seem to have obvious red flags.
Thanks for your analysis!