The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 01:48 AM   #1
RickinArizona
"TRF" Member

Selling to Boutique member?

What is the best way to determine a fair asking price when selling to a Rolex Forum's Boutique member? Is there a reliable source for valuations of various models?
RickinArizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:54 AM   #2
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Boutique member?
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 AM   #3
Calatrava r
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Professional sellers will tell you what cash they will pay on delivery for your watch to them and upon inspection confirming as represented. You can either accept or look elsewhere to sell it.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:25 AM   #4
Flypanam

A seller will give you less for your watch than what it is worth on the secondary market because they have to resell it and make money. The plus side is that it's easy to deal with them, rather than try to sell the watch on your own, particularly if you don't have experience or history selling yourself through various avenues. Also, there is no guarantee your watch will actually sell, even if you list it yourself.
Best of the rest: Tudor BB Chrono Reverse Panda; Tudor Pelagos FXN MN; Panerai Luminor PAM1085 Blu Mare; Hermes H08 Madison LE; Ming 17.09 Burgundy; Nomos Tangente 50 ans de Médecins Sans Frontières
Flypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:47 AM   #5
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypanam View Post
A seller will give you less for your watch than what it is worth on the secondary market because they have to resell it and make money. The plus side is that it's easy to deal with them, rather than try to sell the watch on your own, particularly if you don't have experience or history selling yourself through various avenues. Also, there is no guarantee your watch will actually sell, even if you list it yourself.
Well said
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:13 AM   #6
train-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Professional sellers will tell you what cash they will pay on delivery for your watch to them and upon inspection confirming as represented. You can either accept or look elsewhere to sell it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypanam View Post
Exactly right and excellent commentary and advice!

I have sold many watches this way. It's convenient, safe, and the Boutique seller takes the risk. I sold a bunch of my collection off late Winter 2023, March/April 2023 if I recall, to one of the Boutique sellers. He still has one of the pieces sitting on his website for sale for over a year and a half. I guess he really did assume the risk with this piece!
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:44 AM   #7
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
After my last watch sale I will never go down the road of trying to sell to a private buyer again

Not worth the incredible hassle and headaches they put through. By the end of the deal I was wishing he had just been a scammer who grabbed my watch and ran and saved me weeks of misery
Old Today, 07:40 AM   #8
SudiYunus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier Panthere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
After my last watch sale I will never go down the road of trying to sell to a private buyer again

Not worth the incredible hassle and headaches they put through. By the end of the deal I was wishing he had just been a scammer who grabbed my watch and ran and saved me weeks of misery

DJ 36 White Dial ,CasiOak
Sub ND
SudiYunus is offline   Reply With Quote