The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 12 December 2020, 11:08 PM   #1
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Is anyone considering to purchase a watch at Omega BT in order to get Snoopy?

since those with purchase history will have a better chance at getting it, I am wondering if I should buy a piece at BT, which would be roughly 25% higher than buying at a Grey Dealer.
maruchan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2020, 11:15 PM   #2
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maruchan22 View Post
since those with purchase history will have a better chance at getting it, I am wondering if I should buy a piece at BT, which would be roughly 25% higher than buying at a Grey Dealer.
Not for a Snoopy, but OB promised a cal. 321 from next-to-next shipment if I bought a Nato NTTD (with a tiny discount).
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2020, 11:33 PM   #3
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Not for a Snoopy, but OB promised a cal. 321 from next-to-next shipment if I bought a Nato NTTD (with a tiny discount).
Why not though for a Snoopy? People are speculating that it would trade at a hefty premium. It is a good deal considering the math.
Old 13 December 2020, 01:07 AM   #4
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Why not though for a Snoopy? People are speculating that it would trade at a hefty premium. It is a good deal considering the math.
Because the interest for the snoopy is through the roof and wait lists are longer than any Rolex currently
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2020, 01:09 AM   #5
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
b/c I like the cal. 321 better
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2020, 01:41 AM   #6
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
Because the interest for the snoopy is through the roof and wait lists are longer than any Rolex currently
what you mean it is still hopeless even if buying just a watch at the OB?
Old 13 December 2020, 03:06 AM   #7
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

You should bundle watches that you like, if you are considering bundling.

Specifically regarding the allocation of the Snoopy there are two components, having a reference secured (in US is only when the full deposit is accepted); and the rank on the list at the OB you are working with.

Component 1, is guaranteed by Omega HQ.
Component 2, is organized and completely dependent by the OB, director and sale associates you are working with.

General direction from the HQ to the boutique is place the pieces to collectors that will not flip them. So give value to clients with history and VIP.
Of course if you get another piece, you are building an history with the brand, and this will help you to get better positioned on your OB list.

Nobody wants to see the first 100 Snoopy ending up on C24 for a 20K premium, because that will impact the value of the reference and piss off Omega and all the collectors that are on the official list.
Ideally we don’t want to see more than 5-10 pieces on secondary market during the first year.
If you are able to prove to the OB that you are a reliable client, not a flipper for profit, and you get some other references that you like, it’s a win win for everybody, and you will rump up the ranking.

One on Chrono so far...
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2020, 12:42 PM   #8
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
You should bundle watches that you like, if you are considering bundling.

Specifically regarding the allocation of the Snoopy there are two components, having a reference secured (in US is only when the full deposit is accepted); and the rank on the list at the OB you are working with.

Component 1, is guaranteed by Omega HQ.
Component 2, is organized and completely dependent by the OB, director and sale associates you are working with.

General direction from the HQ to the boutique is place the pieces to collectors that will not flip them. So give value to clients with history and VIP.
Of course if you get another piece, you are building an history with the brand, and this will help you to get better positioned on your OB list.

Nobody wants to see the first 100 Snoopy ending up on C24 for a 20K premium, because that will impact the value of the reference and piss off Omega and all the collectors that are on the official list.
Ideally we don’t want to see more than 5-10 pieces on secondary market during the first year.
If you are able to prove to the OB that you are a reliable client, not a flipper for profit, and you get some other references that you like, it’s a win win for everybody, and you will rump up the ranking.

One on Chrono so far...
Many thanks for your reply.

I do like the 38mm aqua terra which is just an entry level watch, so I am not sure how much a purchase of that watch can help in term of getting the snoopy, and it is also around USD1.8K more expensive than the grey market. Yes 1.8K is not a lot of money in the game of luxury watch but I am just the kind of person that like to make sure I spend the money wisely, and hence the dilemma at the moment.
Old 13 December 2020, 06:19 PM   #9
alllexandru
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

My believe after talking with my AD is that they are searching in their database for customers who really like the Moonwatch series, have a history with buying from them already and they are not likely flip this Snoopy.
AD specifically told in the discussion that they prefer to sell to those who really like the Speedmaster Moonwatch series in order not to get flipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2020, 03:45 AM   #10
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alllexandru View Post
My believe after talking with my AD is that they are searching in their database for customers who really like the Moonwatch series, have a history with buying from them already and they are not likely flip this Snoopy.
AD specifically told in the discussion that they prefer to sell to those who really like the Speedmaster Moonwatch series in order not to get flipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my hope. I've always loved the moonwatch series but hadn't pulled the trigger b/c of size concerns. Now that I feel a bit reassured that I can pull off the 44.25 size, I'm going to buy a DSOTM model and see if it can give me a reasonable shot at the Snoopy.
We will see.
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2020, 04:19 AM   #11
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

In general building a history with the boutique and with Omega will help you getting positioned better on the list. Of course the priority will change according to the length of the history and the number/price of pieces you are getting.
If you get a special edition of course you will score more points than just getting a regular watch, meaning NTTD titanium on titanium > 220.10.41.21.03.004 steel on steel, for obvious reasons.
You have also to consider where you are located, the market in Asia is different from the market in Europe and different from the US one.
Us has different rules, with full deposit.
Europe there is no full deposit.
Asia they shouldn’t have full deposit as well, but the demand is sky high.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2020, 03:04 PM   #12
maruchan22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
In general building a history with the boutique and with Omega will help you getting positioned better on the list. Of course the priority will change according to the length of the history and the number/price of pieces you are getting.
If you get a special edition of course you will score more points than just getting a regular watch, meaning NTTD titanium on titanium > 220.10.41.21.03.004 steel on steel, for obvious reasons.
You have also to consider where you are located, the market in Asia is different from the market in Europe and different from the US one.
Us has different rules, with full deposit.
Europe there is no full deposit.
Asia they shouldn’t have full deposit as well, but the demand is sky high.
You are right, I think it is a different game in Asia. I think the sales are more business-oriented and emphasize more on purchase history. I read threads from guys in the US/Europe sharing stories on how they got a hot model after spending months building relationship by keeping in touch with the SA, despite zero purchase history. I am not sure if that actually works in HK.