The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 28 July 2024, 09:22 PM   #1
PAFG
"TRF" Member

AP Bal Harbour Experience

This is sort of a continuation from the pissed at AP thread haha. I visited the Bal Harbour location yesterday to get some links adjusted because the pusher/sleeve was not seated corrected. Nobody in the store was really friendly, talkative, or wanted to discuss the brand. They appeared a little condescending when asking who adjusted the bracelet before, which is fine. I also tried talking about the new double balance release and asked if they got any in their store for clients to spark a conversation. The person assisting just said no, nothing has shipped yet and nothing came in. It was just an odd time where it was basically silent and nobody wanted to chat or be lively. My fiancé (who joined me) works at another luxury timepiece company and she was even shocked with how they acted - compared to what she is trained to do when customers come in for purchasing or simply to look at a watch. There seemed to be no enthusiasm for the brand- regardless of me getting one (despite it being from the grey market, which I did not mention) because I understand the demand- everyone in there just seemed bored. I honestly felt like just selling all my APs and switching to Patek or RM at this point just from how they treated me lol. I went to the RM boutique despite knowing how hype their brand is... and the guy was extremely friendly, open to talking and discussing how to begin a relationship with the brand, etc. Nothing similar to AP - which I guess simply depends on how deep your history is with the brand and if they want to give you the time of day to talk and ask questions.

P.S. I would still love to build a connection with AP in FL so I don't need to keep buying the grey market.However, I know it is probably too late due to how long the company has been around and the fact that I will need to purchase 30 codes and offshores that lose me 80% before seeing a blue royal oak
PAFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 10:00 PM   #2
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

That sounds consistent with the handful of boutiques I’ve visited lol
WatchEater666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 10:01 PM   #3
EEpro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
AP Bal Harbour Experience

Yeah I've been to 3...they are all awful. Happy to buy a ROO or whatever as first piece but we can't get that far because all are so rude. I also won't go grey for a RO even though they dropped by half. Not interested in supporting this brand in any way.

Also, the responses you are about to get from the AP apologists will make you regret posting in this forum.
Old 28 July 2024, 10:31 PM   #4
PAFG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Yeah I've been to 3...they are all awful. Happy to buy a ROO or whatever as first piece but we can't get that far because all are so rude. I also won't go grey for a RO even though they dropped by half. Not interested in supporting this brand in any way.

Also, the responses you are about to get from the AP apologists will make you regret posting in this forum.
That's okay, I can deal with the replies haha. Someone might as well speak the truth and not suck up to AP. I get that those that probably say they have a great experience are either lucky with a nice SA who was in a good mood and wanted to make progress with a client or option B - someone who was into AP way before the hype and has been buying for years and actually knows the boutique people on a personal level and has spent big time $$ over the years before all the grey market media.
Old 28 July 2024, 10:42 PM   #5
Broadbear
"TRF" Member

Wow, you have a ceramic openworked and they acted like that! Maybe you caught them on a bad day or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Broadbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 10:43 PM   #6
shafran
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately my experiences are similar. But I really love the aesthetic of AP watches.
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 10:50 PM   #7
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Not good.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 10:55 PM   #8
PAFG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbear View Post
Wow, you have a ceramic openworked and they acted like that! Maybe you caught them on a bad day or something.

I wish it was a one time thing. I went a year or so earlier for a blue chrono I got and needed links removed. Tried meeting with one SA named Arman, and it was the same saga all over again. Nothing changed, it’s a shame the watches look so good and the boutiques act this way.
Old 28 July 2024, 10:57 PM   #9
Broadbear
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAFG View Post
I wish it was a one time thing. I went a year or so earlier for a blue chrono I got and needed links removed. Tried meeting with one SA named Arman, and it was the same saga all over again. Nothing changed, it’s a shame the watches look so good and the boutiques act this way.

Perhaps it’s a boutique thing. Why don’t you try a new boutique, I think it’s worth it in your case.

Broadbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2024, 11:02 PM   #10
Watchman001
"TRF" Member

I got the same there and switched to NY.
Watchman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 12:35 AM   #11
messikens
"TRF" Member

Wonder if they don't have to try because every piece basically gets sucked up straight away...

Not making any excuses but if there's no incentive and no direction from management to treat customers better, then that's what you get.

IMO the more annoying thing is that you go into the store and even the showpieces are so limited that it's basically a joke. Like you can view perhaps one ROO, a diver and maybe a ROC. There won't be a jumbo to try on, no PMs and last time I went in they didn't even have a Code Chrono (only a three hander).

I'd be much happier if they actually had a few cool / aspirational pieces to handle at some point
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 01:07 AM   #12
PAFG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbear View Post
Perhaps it’s a boutique thing. Why don’t you try a new boutique, I think it’s worth it in your case.

There’s no other one remotely close to me in FL. Plus, if I go to one in NY - I’ll never be able to have a solid relationship if I don’t get out there often.
Old 29 July 2024, 01:08 AM   #13
Rmoor
"TRF" Member

AP is a joke. I love their watches but I had to purchase all my pieces from the secondary market and I’m still waiting for the call from Bal Harbour after 3 years for a ROO 😂
Rmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 02:07 AM   #14
Gandor
"TRF" Member

I have had nothing but positive experiences from the Bal Harbour crew. As someone who has visited every AP boutique in the US I can say without a doubt Bal Harbour represents the best customer service the brand has to offer and AP as a whole does much more for the average customer than any other brand in this tier of watches.

I know pretty much everyone that works at that location and seen them interact with other customers and they are great. Even as they have no watches to sell they still try to make it a great visit to learn about the brand and get you started on an AP journey.
Old 29 July 2024, 02:07 AM   #15
Johndong888
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 372
Quote:
There’s no other one remotely close to me in FL. Plus, if I go to one in NY - I’ll never be able to have a solid relationship if I don’t get out there often.

I’ve heard great things about the Houses. Only been to the one in Milan and SOHO. Great non-purchasing experience at both. 57th definitely has a lot more established clients.

Johndong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 02:58 AM   #16
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately, I doubt you would have much better customer service with PP sales associates. Though with prices softening so much over the past two years perhaps customer service will improve for the better in the near future.

Best of luck

LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 03:44 AM   #17
PAFG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandor View Post
I have had nothing but positive experiences from the Bal Harbour crew. As someone who has visited every AP boutique in the US I can say without a doubt Bal Harbour represents the best customer service the brand has to offer and AP as a whole does much more for the average customer than any other brand in this tier of watches.

I know pretty much everyone that works at that location and seen them interact with other customers and they are great. Even as they have no watches to sell they still try to make it a great visit to learn about the brand and get you started on an AP journey.
That's great, wish I could say the same!
Old 29 July 2024, 03:46 AM   #18
PAFG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJubel328 View Post
Unfortunately, I doubt you would have much better customer service with PP sales associates. Though with prices softening so much over the past two years perhaps customer service will improve for the better in the near future.

Best of luck

Yea, probably the same across the board. However, I walked into RM thinking it would be significantly worse than AP and was surprised (complete 180 from AP). The guy at the store was nice, talkative, and chatted with me about how to progress in the brand and emailed me information on a piece the next day to get started.
Old 29 July 2024, 03:53 AM   #19
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yea, probably the same across the board. However, I walked into RM thinking it would be significantly worse than AP and was surprised (complete 180 from AP). The guy at the store was nice, talkative, and chatted with me about how to progress in the brand and emailed me information on a piece the next day to get started.

Well buy RM then instead of AP - Bote with your wallet. So much comes down to personal relationships and if you vibe well with the SA. Which RM are you looking to buy ?

dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 04:16 AM   #20
PAFG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Well buy RM then instead of AP - Bote with your wallet. So much comes down to personal relationships and if you vibe well with the SA. Which RM are you looking to buy ?

I can't even buy AP from the boutique if I wanted too, they don't want me lmao. I don't have a specific RM in mind, however I understand the demand and that I would need to start out with one of the more 'basic' ones. I believe my best bet on the mens side is the RM30-01 in non ceramic.
Old 29 July 2024, 06:06 AM   #21
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
It really does depend on the SA and boutique - I know you’ve said you’re in Florida so Bal Harbour is closest for you, but I’ve been able to build a great relationship with AP House NY even though I live in Texas (I did try to build a relationship with the Dallas and Bal Harbour boutiques - neither was particularly interested, though Dallas was marginally better.. so I completely understand your frustration).

Even if you’re only able to make it up to NY once a year (roughly how often I go up to NY), I’d still suggest you try and reach out to the team and see what might be possible!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 07:08 AM   #22
PAFG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neal.jy View Post
It really does depend on the SA and boutique - I know you’ve said you’re in Florida so Bal Harbour is closest for you, but I’ve been able to build a great relationship with AP House NY even though I live in Texas (I did try to build a relationship with the Dallas and Bal Harbour boutiques - neither was particularly interested, though Dallas was marginally better.. so I completely understand your frustration).

Even if you’re only able to make it up to NY once a year (roughly how often I go up to NY), I’d still suggest you try and reach out to the team and see what might be possible!

Honestly at this point, I think my chances of getting anything I truly want at AP are probably slim to 0.. unless demand suddenly drops off a cliff. I am not sure I want to buy random code models and ladies pieces that aren't needed to get a blue stainless watch in the future lol.. which then, may never come. I will stick to grey market and possibly see if I can build something with RM since the brand is much newer. Plus.. if I ever want links adjusted or anything random, I will most likely go to the Bal Harbour location and that is a big no no now lol.
Old 29 July 2024, 07:30 AM   #23
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can't even buy AP from the boutique if I wanted too, they don't want me lmao. I don't have a specific RM in mind, however I understand the demand and that I would need to start out with one of the more 'basic' ones. I believe my best bet on the mens side is the RM30-01 in non ceramic.

Always liked the RM 30 - almost pulled the trigger but then had beef with West time when they were still running AP Vegas and never pulled the trigger as RM at crystals was also run by them

dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 01:57 PM   #24
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by neal.jy View Post

This is Hard they DO NOT like for you to have more than one AD and their systems are all connected.. I posted in another thread that I had amazing luck in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Always liked the RM 30 - almost pulled the trigger but then had beef with West time when they were still running AP Vegas and never pulled the trigger as RM at crystals was also run by them

This is how I am with Mayors here in Tampa I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER PIECE FROM THEM!!!! UNTIL they throw me a Homerun!!!!! I am so glad things fell off the rails and the games are winding down! IM STILL BUYING! just NOT from them so choose with your wallet! I Messaged my SA there and Told him DO NOT OFFER me anything but a HOMERUN I have spend 100K+ with them and got a SPRITE?????? If they want me back as a customer then they know what to do to make it right!

Quote:

I agree with this I have had amazing experiences all over the world and been a new walk in when I got my first AP in Spain! Here is What I have learned, The Market your in makes a HUGE difference and MIAMI is a very very hard market for AP and PP! I had the same exact experience in Monaco and ROME as you had in Miami, But Spain and Florence, Capri in Italy where amazing!
The moral of the story is stay out of the BIG money Markets!
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 02:18 PM   #25
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
This is Hard they DO NOT like for you to have more than one AD and their systems are all connected.. I posted in another thread that I had amazing luck in Europe

Yes agree - I did have an open conversation about my experience with the other two boutiques (I also had no purchase history with either one) before I “officially” began my relationship with AP house NY with my first piece. So yeah I don’t believe it’s actually possible to have a direct sales relationship with more than 1 boutique at a time.

neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2024, 10:58 PM   #26
Ilovewatches
"TRF" Member

Swings and roundabouts. I was at the AP boutique in Prague a few weeks ago and the service was amazing, and i didn't have on my Royal oak.

The Patek boutique a few doors away was terrible. A dark boring place, with no inventory and the staff was not interested at all.
Ilovewatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2024, 01:30 AM   #27
TheMethod
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, GS, JLC
That's the opposite experience of back in 2013 or so when I visited Bal Harbour, and they were very friendly and even offered discounts on the Royal Oak.
TheMethod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2024, 02:31 AM   #28
PAFG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMethod View Post
That's the opposite experience of back in 2013 or so when I visited Bal Harbour, and they were very friendly and even offered discounts on the Royal Oak.

Sir, maybe because this is 2024 and not 2013. People would sell their first born for a Royal Oak now, unlike in 2013

The workers in the boutique have 0 motivation to be nice if everyone is buying and there is no supply lol
Old 30 July 2024, 03:23 AM   #29
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMethod View Post
*Insert your best proper English gentlemans voice

What is this BLASPHEMY you speak of in 2013???????? DISCOUNTS????? please describe in detail what these "DISCOUNTS" you speak of are!!!!!
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2024, 06:46 AM   #30
Roves
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Same here. Been to several boutiques/houses before and Bal Harbour has finally been the one where I could establish a relationship. Got my first watch from them two weeks after my first visit and a 15510st nine months later. Sorry to hear about that bad experience but I would still try to work with them.
Roves is offline   Reply With Quote