The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 25 December 2014, 02:09 AM   #1
Jakx
"TRF" Member

Wait list on 5711/1A-010

Relatively new to this discussion forum and I have some basic questions on the Nautilus three-hand blue dial. What is the wait-list? I've read 3 years. Would PP salon have it available more than other AD? Also what is the annual production on this model? Does PP divulge these numbers? So lots of beginner's questions that may or may not have answers but I sure would love to hear some expert opinions!
Jakx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 03:50 AM   #2
GB-man
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lausanne View Post
Relatively new to this discussion forum and I have some basic questions on the Nautilus three-hand blue dial. What is the wait-list? I've read 3 years. Would PP salon have it available more than other AD? Also what is the annual production on this model? Does PP divulge these numbers? So lots of beginner's questions that may or may not have answers but I sure would love to hear some expert opinions!

Many ADs quote people 2-3 years (new customers) but in reality I believe it to be around 6 months in the US. Not everyone on the list buys and then that allocation gets passed down the list.

Salons will always get the most allocations but also may have more customers to feed. Best to call a bunch of ADs and ask. One gentleman did recently and found one in stock.

PP doesn't divulge much but many ADs claim they get 2 or so a year.
Old 25 December 2014, 04:26 AM   #3
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
The Paris salon told me 6 to 12 months, so I went with a 5712 instead and don't regret it 1 second
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 05:06 AM   #4
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
They don t do much , according to Mr.T.S. they deliberately limit the production of this particular reference, it s a sought after piece hoewever much much easier to find one at an AD than a 5131J.NB we talk about the blue dial version the white one is easy to get .

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 05:14 AM   #5
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
They don t do much , according to Mr.T.S. they deliberately limit the production of this particular reference, it s a sought after piece hoewever much much easier to find one at an AD than a 5131J.NB we talk about the blue dial version the white one is easy to get .
That is because the 5131 was an application piece and one had to be approved so none sitting around at AD waiting for buyers! They were reserved for top clients so nobody can just go to an AD and buy. Sadly my application was accepted and letter of intent for early 2015 delivery and watch was discontinued. So now I pray for a P or R as my application will transfer over and I will be top of list and guaranteed to get!

PS. To OP try calling as many AD's as you can and you might just get lucky. I literally called every AD in country and on last call right before I was ready to give up found AD that just got one in and a few days later it was on my wrist. Happy hunting...Cheers,

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 05:25 AM   #6
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
That is because the 5131 was an application piece and one had to be approved so none sitting around at AD waiting for buyers! They were reserved for top clients so nobody can just go to an AD and buy. Sadly my application was accepted and letter of intent for early 2015 delivery and watch was discontinued. So now I pray for a P or R as my application will transfer over and I will be top of list and guaranteed to get!
Must be my limited knowledge of english that you did not felt the sarcasm in my answer Ken !

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------

IG @passionata1
Old 25 December 2014, 05:26 AM   #7
HL65

Quote:
Must be my limited knowledge of english that you did not felt the sarcasm in my answer Ken !
Ah sorry for that my friend I should have known better! But I am still sad the window closed on me right at the end after all these years! Please feel my pain!!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 25 December 2014, 05:32 AM   #8
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ah sorry for that my friend I should have known better! But I am still sad the window closed on me right at the end after all these years! Please feel my pain!!
I do , i keep my fingers crossed to get yours in the next year , i think an R version would even beat the discontinued J.

---------------------

IG @passionata1
Old 25 December 2014, 05:33 AM   #9
HL65

Quote:
I do , i keep my fingers crossed to get yours in the next year , i think an R version would even beat the discontinued J.
Thanks my friend I agree and oh so hope for an R as R my favorite metal! Of course a P would work too.

PS Sorry OP for hijacking your thread I will give myself 3 pt infraction.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 25 December 2014, 05:52 AM   #10
kneedeep
"TRF" Member

You might call or walk into an AD and get lucky. I walked into an AD and they had one prominently displayed earlier this year. First and only time that has happened to me. You never know....
kneedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 06:02 AM   #11
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
PS Sorry OP for hijacking your thread I will give myself 3 pt infraction.
I got 6from you used to be ,you deserve 6 at least Ken !;-)

To the OP ,really sorry indeed however I hope you got your answer to your questions in the first more or less formal part in this thread.

---------------------

IG @passionata1
Old 25 December 2014, 06:33 AM   #12
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Patek has a limited number of watchmakers and they can certainly increase the production of the 5711/1A, but that would mean decreasing the production of other complicated watches.

Because of the price point, the 5711/1A and the 5167A are the two most popular watch references that first time Patek buyers purchase. So you can imagine why it is more popular.

Most ADs will get several 5711s a year, so even if the allocation is 2-5 a year per AD, that would mean 1000-2000 produced in a year. That is still a fairly large number for any single Patek reference. I would not be surprised if the 5711/1A is the most produced Patek reference.

The problem is that people new to Patek are not used to waiting for a watch. Most Rolex owners never wait for a watch, unless you are looking for the SS Daytona and even with that, it is a short wait these days.

To the OP, just call around and ask nicely. Some ADs are very friendly over the phone and some will be less courteous and/or give you an outrageous number like 5 years wait, but you will eventually find one if you look hard enough and are willing to wait a few months.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 07:22 AM   #13
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C 116610LN
I would never believe in waiting lists, at least not about the 5711. When I was considering buying one back in 2011, I was also told about long waiting lists. I've placed myself on them at 3 ADs, and 2 of them called in a few weeks time asking if I want the watch or not. Also, a 4th AD readily had one on stock (in Prague, Czech Republic) that I could to try on. If I were shopping for a 5711 now, I would send out emails to all ADs in let's say 2000 km's radius from my place and see who's biting. I don't think you would have to (or should) wait for years, like for a 5131. And if you should get tired of waiting, there's always some nice LNIB or NBIB ones to pick up at the classifieds.
Old 25 December 2014, 07:48 AM   #14
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
I would never believe in waiting lists, at least not about the 5711. When I was considering buying one back in 2011, I was also told about long waiting lists. I've placed myself on them at 3 ADs, and 2 of them called in a few weeks time asking if I want the watch or not. Also, a 4th AD readily had one on stock (in Prague, Czech Republic) that I could to try on. If I were shopping for a 5711 now, I would send out emails to all ADs in let's say 2000 km's radius from my place and see who's biting. I don't think you would have to (or should) wait for years, like for a 5131. And if you should get tired of waiting, there's always some nice LNIB or NBIB ones to pick up at the classifieds.
Please consider that certain references are more popular in certain part of the world than others ,5711-blue dial- is might not as difficult to acquire in Central ,Eastern Europe than in the US or in Western Europe ,there you must put your name on the list otherwise your chances to get one are very limited.

---------------------

IG @passionata1
Old 25 December 2014, 07:54 AM   #15
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C 116610LN
Quote:
Please consider that certain references are more popular in certain part of the world than others ,5711-blue dial- is might not as difficult to acquire in Central ,Eastern Europe than in the US or in Western Europe ,there you must put your name on the list otherwise your chances to get one are very limited.
The two ADs that contacted me in a very short time after my name was put on their list were Austrian (West Austria) and British (UK-based), so more Western Europe than Central/Eastern Europe. And quite frankly, if you want, and I mean _really_ want a particular watch, then it may worth travelling a little bit to pick it up. It may also give you a chance to save VAT or sales tax...

Of course, USA may be a very different part of the world. But then again, if I were US based, I wouldn't hassle with Patek ADs and just contact DavidSW
Old 25 December 2014, 08:09 AM   #16
Chasseur
"TRF" Member

If you have problems to get a SS 5711
Get a 5711P
Chasseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 09:49 AM   #17
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
The two ADs that contacted me in a very short time after my name was put on their list were Austrian (West Austria) and British (UK-based), so more Western Europe than Central/Eastern Europe. And quite frankly, if you want, and I mean _really_ want a particular watch, then it may worth travelling a little bit to pick it up. It may also give you a chance to save VAT or sales tax...

Of course, USA may be a very different part of the world. But then again, if I were US based, I wouldn't hassle with Patek ADs and just contact DavidSW
The market for Patek watches is quite different in the US compared to Europe (or Asia or the Middle East). Other threads have mentioned that prices are ~20% higher in the US compared to Switzerland (where Patek is based). But most Americans are not going to fly out to Geneva to purchase a Patek watch unless they are traveling to Europe for other reasons. I do agree that some specific Patek watches are more readily available in Europe or Asia, compared to the US.

The suggestion of contacting DavidSW is an excellent one as David is a reputable and reliable trusted seller.
Old 25 December 2014, 01:29 PM   #18
cervantes
"TRF" Member

I just lucked onto a 5711. Called a bunch of AD's in the Uk and one called me back within a week and said a client had one ordered but it came in and he didn't like the way it felt. Jumped on it. Your'e best bet is to put out feelers with different Ad's and see what happens.

Pate's new watch list will arrive in February and most 5711s are already accounted for. But you'd be surprised at how many orders aren't bought at the last minute. I also had calls from three different AD's about 5167's that came in and clients decided not to buy. Worth giving that method a shot first and ignoring the one year waiting list thing.
cervantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 01:38 PM   #19
Jakx
"TRF" Member

all replies very helpful, even the digressions as they reflect some of the realities surrounding the "guild." :)
I like the idea of a purchase in CH and the original Patek store on Rue du Rhône in Geneva. My first Rolex was from Bucherer, Place Saint François, Lausanne, so there is something about a purchase in situ (give or take an hour drive)
Jakx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 06:58 PM   #20
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
In fact have never seen a 5711 in real, well I did but the white dial version, at the same time they didn't have a 5712 as well, they just had the WG version which is not my favorite, I ordered my 5712 without seeing one and frankly couldn't be happier, even with all the incomings of other models of Nautilus on TRF which are incredible, I am certain to have made the right choice as I wouldn't trade it for any other Nautilus, well except for John's 5711P...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 08:08 PM   #21
Chasseur
"TRF" Member

You never saw a 5711 in real
We have to fix that
Chasseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2014, 08:47 PM   #22
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
In fact have never seen a 5711 in real, well I did but the white dial version, at the same time they didn't have a 5712 as well, they just had the WG version which is not my favorite, I ordered my 5712 without seeing one and frankly couldn't be happier, even with all the incomings of other models of Nautilus on TRF which are incredible, I am certain to have made the right choice as I wouldn't trade it for any other Nautilus, well except for John's 5711P...

I bought all my watches blind ,however never regret yet,i was surprised sometimes with certain references but never rejected any.On the other hand watches i ve tried and more or less convinced myself i want those later I ve never acquired.
Some people may call it dumb i think it s just part of the fun.:-)

---------------------

IG @passionata1
Old 27 December 2014, 05:20 AM   #23
mps354
2024 Pledge Member

I was told 2 years, but ended up getting it within 6 months. I was told at least 1 or 2 others ahead of me on the list at my AD declined the watch when it came up, so it fell to me rather quickly
mps354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2014, 05:31 AM   #24
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasseur View Post
You never saw a 5711 in real
We have to fix that
This was my experience as well, i had seen the 5712 on a couple of occasions but never 5711 blue... That was until recently ... The rest is history.

To the OP, if you want it quicker, a trusted seller here may be a good option as they have existing relationships w AD that you can benefit from.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (85.9 KB, 316 views)
subtona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2014, 04:15 PM   #25
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
all replies very helpful, even the digressions as they reflect some of the realities surrounding the "guild." :)
I like the idea of a purchase in CH and the original Patek store on Rue du Rhône in Geneva. My first Rolex was from Bucherer, Place Saint François, Lausanne, so there is something about a purchase in situ (give or take an hour drive)
If you visit Switzerland on a regular basis, I would just go the Geneva salon and say that you want to order th 5711/1A. They will tell you how long it will take and will call you when it is ready. There is no discount on watches sold at the salons, but it is difficult to discount on the 5711/1A anyway and as I said, the Swiss prices are less that US prices, so you will come out ahead. But this is assuming you make regular trips to Switzerland.

I have never been to the Bucherer store in Lausanne, but I found Lausanne to be a nice quaint city.